Black Women : Psssst ... Sisters, I need to ask you Something

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Ionlyspeaktruth, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    OK, maybe I am out of the loop or something, but can someone explain to me wth is the deal with PAJAMA BOTTOMS IN PUBLIC?????:SuN018: I have been to 4 different states these past few months and have noticed this fashion(?) statement. I mean a** all hangin out with obviously either no panties or "dental floss" panties at best.:qqb005: I mean if you looked hard enough you could see the veins in their behinds :10500: Whats next? bathrobe and the furry house slippers? :nono: Just curious.. My kids said that some of the young ladies even wear these to parties... I guess for once I am showing my age ,but I would give my kids a "John Wayne" whippin if I EVER saw them out like that!

2. LadyLC

LadyLC Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +142
    I think it is just plain tacky to be outside the house in sleep clothes. I see that all the time in my city. I even see the furry slippers too. I guess some people just don't care how they look. It makes no sense to be outside in sleep clothes, after being outisde you come back home and crawl in the bed in those same clothes you been all over town in? I just don't get it at all...........:qqb005:

3. thaREDDizbak

thaREDDizbak Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    ive been known to wear pjs outside, but thats when im running to the store and coming back home... i dont know about the whole spending the day in your pj\'s thing. thats not me

depending on the type of pj\'s it can either be a fashion statement, or the person just wants to be comfortable. i guess they see it the same way as wearing sweats and a t-shirt, and we all have our sweats and a tee days.

4. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    guys don't care if u wear this out...

u can be dressed for the prom or for bed and men have no shame in their game....

I've gone to the store or whatever not dressed to impress or anything like that and it don't stop men from using their cheesy pick up lines....

if i dress like this it's because I feel like it....

don't really care about what anyone thinks...

whatever feels good to my soul is good for me, and it don't stop the wanna be players.............

5. BallOfConfusion

BallOfConfusion Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    College Dressing? I'm guilty of doing this a couple of times. I've seen people rockin the jammies to class. I go to school in the busy city-it's to many people round their for me to leave the house lookin triflin. I used to rock my house shoe's everywhere when I was young, cause I was trying to be like my cousin. Then I realized uh...you look like a fool. Pretty much it is a comfort thing, and you not caring that much about your appearance at that moment. I don't know how anyone could leave out the house with no panties...that's just.....over the top; nasty.

6. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    I'd Have to agree wih\th everyone here:lol:

I remeber wearing PJ's to school...In a way i was sort of making a statement...I used to have like Sponge bob or Tamalies pj bottoms.....but I also was justnot up to the whole "dressing" thing. To me the was Dressing LOL

I guess it can be a ixture of Jusy not Caring(when you should) and TRYING to go out of the loop (fashion wise)

:?:
    Glad to know I started a Trend:10900:

7. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6

i started to say something real smart but.....:SuN037:

8. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    ..this thread followed me to my dreams last night... I dreamt I was walking to my postbox in my PJ's.. which was horrific.. as I dont wear PJ's.. :eek:

9. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6

Now me being the gentleman that i am, i would have walked with you just to make sure you were safe!:SuN016: OK, I'll do it for you....:skillet:

10. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    The house shoes put in public came 1st.

I swear to you that I saw a pregnant young-un in the Grocery store wearing a knee-length night shirt and house shoes! All I could do is stare. She had the nerve to ask me what I was looking at. I told her. It was her turn to stare. She didn't think I was going to say anything. Hopefully in this case, When you know better you do better.