Black People : Proudly We Stand.......For What?

cocobutterskyn

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 25, 2001
Sixburgh, Pa.
Occupation
Spreading Joy.... need some?
We have been called to war as, Nigras/Nigros, Colors, Blacks, African-Americans. Each time proudly going to war to fight for our country, only to return to discrimination and countless other racial conditions.

Why do African-Americans continue to stand with/support and die for a Nation that refuses to treat them with respect and equality?

Do you believe this is about us(African-Americans)?

CCBSKYN :confused:

Because for me...

Born and raised in America.. I have no other country so if you cannot call America your home.. Then what can you call your home? I've realized since this incident how greatful i am just to be an American. We lack for nothing and are allowed to gain what so ever we choose. Many of us fail to take control of what is offered to us and others fall do to the negativity being put out by so many of our "fellow" Americans. Coco: You are right.. we do need to work on our country. But right now.. we must protect our country...so that our people can have a home to come back to..

You know its funny though.. Its kind of like asking a woman who gets her behind beat by her husband every night.. why is she going to stand up for him during the day only to go home and get her behind beat by him during the night. Our mentals.. are deadly yet weak...

Good Question..

Maybe it is an allegiance, to the African Americans who have fought before us, in Vietnam, World War 2, or even as far back as the Famous Buffalo Soldiers, I can't say. But each war has claim the life of a family member of mine. My uncle never recovered when he came back from the Vietnam war and was found dead from a drug overdose in 1978. My cousin still wakes up with nightmares and finds it hard to speak of the atrocities that he witness with out becoming emotional. I have 3 sons and I dread the talk of war, because I don't want my sons life at risk,(now some may say that it is to protect our country from foreign invasion and it is the patriotic duty) I am a mother and I don't think that far ahead ,only the possibility of losing my sons. There are some parents whom already fight to protect thier sons from a war right in their own neighborhood,and that is already some folks reality.

Pray for peace and understanding.....

Epiphany
:heart:

Hi Coco,

I think many African Americans are dealing with this, wanting to stand Proud and Tall, American and Patriotric. Wanting to believe that America loves us, that we are united and being embraced as her own. Unfortunately, history (past & present) makes it hard for us to believe that.

I liken it to an abused child (though I was not an abused child and am only guessing here), similar to Shaneak's analogy above. But the abused child loves its parent, wants to respect, obey, be nurtured, protected, wants to believe ... yet the child recoils every time the parent reaches for it ... afraid they're going to be beat again.

I read an article featuring the words of Fredrick Douglas that spoke to this very issue. Based on that article, things are no different now than then. I tried to find it before I started posting, but couldn't. I'll keep looking and perhaps I'll run into it soon. If so I'll share it.

I don't think this incident is about us, but we can't help but consider us ...

Destee

American Struggle?

I've been objecting to signing up for what many feel is a patriotic duty, "to their country", since highschool. This aint nothing new under the sun.

Just because I choose "not to", DOESNT make me un-patriotic. Just because my sentiments and opinions are more enhanced than pending then GLOBAL RACIAL PROFILING of bomb first, ask questions later, DOESNT make me un-AMERICAN.

I will even go further to say that QUESTIONING the actions of a status quo/consensus, who to some degree has been misinformed on the events of the day and have caught PROPAGANDA fever,

DOESNT make me less of a AMERICAN.

It makes me more of a AMERICAN.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back