Black People : PROUD To Be A Black Geek

anAfrican

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 1, 2005
StreetNationEarth: Seattle
Occupation
The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
whereas Black Geeks are Members of Our Black Family that are too busy doing science and technology to be spending a bunch of time talking about what other folks are doing;

whereas Black Geeks are Members of Our Black Family that help us all to better make use of this bewildering science and technology that, supposedly, makes our life better. (well, it would if it were presented as tools to do something rather than ways to make money and demonstrate "prestige".);

whereas Black Geeks are Members of Our Black Family that are keeping all the old science and tech running so folks don't have to expend a bunch of new resources to do the same danged thing they been doing on some even-more-restricted hardware that costs even more than we paid before. (even worse, this "new and improved" crap won't run with any of the tools/toys we done hooked up, forcing us to buy all that stuff new, too ... and it is just as "good" as the rest of this "new and improved" crap.);

whereas Black Geeks are Members of Our Black Family that are too busy doing hands-on science and technology to hear anybody talking about how Members of Our Black Family can't do science and technology;

whereas Black Geeks, by giving Members of Our Black Family that Sense of "HEY! Dang Skippy I Can Do This Mess Too!!" that is so important toward Re~Building the Self-Esteem of the Black Community, are Doing Our Community a Vital Service;

whereas Black Geeks are Members of Our Black Family that Know that DIY, hands-on stuff is just so danged much FUN and Vitally Useful;

and whereas after 30 years of being a Black Geek and doing science and technology, i ain't about to let no young whippersnapper tell M.E. i can't be a Black Geek in a House where i can Serve MY Own;

comes now the petitioner requesting ... nay; DEMANDING <grin - it just fits the "format", don't it? <grin> - DEMANDING that

the Black Geeks Forum be returned to it's Long Standing, Original and Beloved Name and that

there be created a Science and Technology Forum where folks may discuss the Science and Technologies that the global industry is bringing and/or, if they <kudos to 'em!> pull it off, implement Systems, Programs and/or Institutes of Science and Technology, to which we will gladly add the energies and support of the Black Geeks and that

the new threads in the Black Geeks Forum, relating to science and technology be transfered to the new Science and Technology Forum.

Thank You

(`course you know that that "demanding" bit is 80% tease, right?! :wink:)​

sk-1-keytar.jpg

Oh.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back