Black Men : Proud of my fellow Black Fathers

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by NyneElementz, Nov 8, 2014.

1. NyneElementz

NyneElementz Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +356
    Brothers, I celebrate you.

I know you've heard for a long time that 72% statistic published by the CDC, the one that says that 72% of children are being born to unwed mothers. Celebrities have been using that to "inspire" black men to be better fathers, blindly believing the idea that we're generally deadbeats.

Well...the same 2013 CDC report that this statistic is on ALSO reports that BLACK MEN, over every other race, LEADS in fatherhood involvement with their children, whether living with their children or not. It was brought to my attention by a brother named Scotty Reid on Facebook.

I knew that from seeing so many black men where I am acting like engaged fathers, in Atlanta acting like engaged fathers, and in Houston, TX, that there could not be a small number of black men who were actively involved in the lives of their children. It seems that mainstream media and mainstream black media has our image twisted. While we do have relationship problems, ranging up in the 72% or higher range in various listed involvement activities with our children when investigated by the CDC, it is recorded, officially, that we are more than sperm donors.

I'm sure these facts will never be placed on mainstream media of any kind, but I wanted to bring these facts to you. To those of you who are active fathers in the lives of your children, thank you for joining me among the throngs of responsible black men, silently proving our haters wrong.

• Love It Love It x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Thank you for this thread that recognize the bruthas that are being fathers. You generally hear about the bad ones, but rarely if ever about the good ones. And you are correct, this is just one positive stat about the black race the media will no make known.

Peace!

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Big ups to this as I revisit it and bring it back where facts lay untold and unspoken
    there are many great father's who working as hard in the upspring of their child/ren
    and being father's to those on the street we are growing but has yet a long way still
    in the battle of fatherhooding our youth and young men / sons and children aboard.

Let us keep growing brothers !

4. edward67

edward67 Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +13
    I would like to take this time out to thank you for recognizing us as the strong, dedicated, fathers we are. However, what just took place on the Univ. of Missouri campus shows me one thing: We (in numbers) are powerful!!!