Black Spirituality Religion : Protestant and catholic debate on Mary

Ok I got you. Also my bad if you felt my comments were sarcasm. It was all typed with love. Tough love maybe but love. Not to be a smartaxx. My bad on that.

Tough love is an expression used when someone treats another person harshly or sternly with the intent to help them in the long run...In most uses, there must be some actual love or feeling of affection behind the harsh or stern treatment to be defined as tough love...
.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tough_love

sar·casm

[sahr-kaz-uh
thinsp.png
m
] Show IPA

noun
harsh or bitter derision or irony.​
a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark:​

Perhaps you don't understand what "sarcasm" is....Obviously, though, you can recognize it from others.... but not from yourself. :thinking:

Those previous examples I quoted from you were "sarcastic."---It's not about what I "felt" them to be/perceived....Yes, you were being a "smartaxx." You meant it just as you stated it.

That's not "tough love."---And, frankly, I don't need any "tough love" when it comes to my spiritual beliefs. You can not change my mind. Nothing you say will deter me from my unwavering belief in the Bible and Christ as my Savior. ---So, your comments TO me or AT me concerning my religion is not "tough love." ---You are not "helping" me in any way with your p.o.v.---Again, you have the right to your views, just as I do; but, please, do not deceive yourself into thinking that you can "tough love" me into leaving my spiritual path or change my mind. :lol:

So, at this juncture, you and I will just have to go our separate ways....YOU have your "SCRIPTED" SOUL and I have my "SCRIPTED" Holy Word of God, the Bible. (lol)

Catholic and Orthodox Views of Mary

The veneration of Mary is an essential belief of the Catholic Church. Mary is also venerated by Eastern Orthodox Church and Anglo-Catholicism. This veneration could take the form of prayer for intercession with her Son, Jesus. Many Protestants, however, believe that the veneration of Mary is counter to what the Bible teaches. [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] For years, when it comes to Mary, Catholics and Protestants have been quite contrary. However, there are growing signs that differences over Mary are becoming less apparent. Many Protestant leaders are reevaluating and saying a greater emphasis on Mary needs to be considered. [8]
Mary's passage into Heaven is celebrated by Roman Catholics as The Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (March 25 and August 15). This Feast is a Public Holiday in many countries. In 1950, Pope Pius XII formally declared to be dogma the belief in the corporeal assumption of Mary, which is known as the Assumption of Mary.

Scripture and tradition agree in ascribing to Mary the greatest personal sanctity; She is conceived without the stain of original sin; She shows the greatest humility and patience in her daily life (Luke 1:38, 48); She exhibits an heroic patience under the most trying circumstances (Luke 2:7, 35, 48; John 19:25-27)... within the first fifty years after the death of St. John the veneration of Mary is proved to have flourished in the Church of Rome. [9]
The Orthodox Church expresses reverence toward the Blessed Virgin by the many feast days commemorating the various events in her life. In prayers the Virgin Mary is called Theotokos, which in Greek means the Mother of God, since the One Who was born from her was at the time of conception and always will be the true God.[10]

“Henceforth all generations will call me blessed.” Mary, Luke 1:48.

Protestant View of Mary

While Protestants respect the life of Mary, some Protestants believe that the veneration of Mary is counter to what the Bible teaches. [11] [12][13] [14] For some Anglican Christians Mary has an special position within God's purpose of salvation. (Catholics, Orthodox, and Anglicans, make a clear distinction between veneration (which is also due to the other saints) and adoration which is due to God alone).

The Website ReligionFacts states:
....most Protestants have shown a great deal of honor and respect for Mary. Martin Luther said Mary is "the highest woman," that "we can never honour her enough," that "the veneration of Mary is inscribed in the very depths of the human heart" and that we should "wish that everyone know and respect her." John Calvin said, "It cannot be denied that God in choosing and destining Mary to be the Mother of his Son, granted her the highest honor." Zwingli said, "I esteem immensely the Mother of God," and, "The more the honor and love of Christ increases among men, so much the esteem and honor given to Mary should grow." [15]

http://www.conservapedia.com/Mary_(mother_of_Jesus)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back