Black Spirituality Religion : Protestant and catholic debate on Mary

change up? Seriously I'm asking a question. What is the problem?
I never asked you why? You are serious. No scratch that.

Yes, it is quite obvious that you are asking me "why" NOW; but in your ORIGINAL question, you did not ask "why."

I replied as I did because you were accusing me of evading your question when you did not ask that PREVIOUSLY.

However, sometimes, knowingly or unknowingly, I may hurt other people. And, yes, I do care when I do.....I will repent of it, and ask forgiveness of God and of that person.

"Why" I sometimes may do so is because I am human, endowed with all of the flaws of a human being, subject to anger and any other emotion or thought as another.

SAME QUESTION TO YOU....

Do YOU ever hurt other people, knowingly or unknowingly?

....Well, perhaps not, cuz you such a "righteous" brotha, and all.

... I've been told by people who go to church, I'm one of the most righteous people they've ever met. ...

Yes, it is quite obvious that you are asking me "why" NOW; but in your ORIGINAL question, you did not ask "why."

I replied as I did because you were accusing me of evading your question when you did not ask that PREVIOUSLY.

However, sometimes, knowingly or unknowingly, I may hurt other people. And, yes, I do care when I do.....I will repent of it, and ask forgiveness of God and of that person.

"Why" I sometimes may do so is because I am human, endowed with all of the flaws of a human being, subject to anger and any other emotion or thought as another.

SAME QUESTION TO YOU....

Do YOU ever hurt other people, knowingly or unknowingly?

....Well, perhaps not, cuz you such a "righteous" brotha, and all.
Cherryblossom seriously what is your issue? My original question DID include the "word" why.
Sometimes you hurt them, why? Are they trying to hurt you?

again with the sarcasm? How you do hurt people unknowingly? I'm careful in my actions. My purpose is not to hurt, that is not my intent. I hurt people who try to hurt me (I'm not talking name calling. I'm talking physical harm. It's called self preservation.

However, sometimes, knowingly or unknowingly, I may hurt other people. And, yes, I do care when I do.
How do you know to care when it's "unknowingly"?

Cherryblossom seriously what is your issue? My original question DID include the "word" why.

Well, not your "original" question but you did ask it later....I missed it....So, you are correct on that alone.

again with the sarcasm? How you do hurt people unknowingly? I'm careful in my actions. My purpose is not to hurt, that is not my intent. I hurt people who try to hurt me (I'm not talking name calling. I'm talking physical harm. It's called self preservation.

Come on now, YOU entered this thread loaded with sarcasm; but when I return it to you, then you wanna act like it's unwarranted, undeserved. :lol:

I don't do things to score "points". I do things because it's real. Your "faith" belittles you not me.

You would want that wouldn't you. Please don't flatter yourself.

Now it's official. I know you're buggin'. ....

Thanx, I already knew that. Tell me something I don't know.

Sometimes you hurt them, why? Are they trying to hurt you?

If you are defending yourself physically, you have the right, the duty to protect yourself. I'm not malicious by nature, but don't box me in a corner either.

I didn't "box you in a corner" either...I was stating my observations, and you returned with sarcasm.

How do you know to care when it's "unknowingly"?

Well, a better word would have been "inadvertently." ---Sometimes, people hurt other people "unknowingly," not INTENDING to.....but when I find out or if I think I hurt them, then I will address it.

Well, a better word would have been "inadvertently." ---Sometimes, people hurt other people "unknowingly," not INTENDING to.....but when I find out or if I think I hurt them, then I will address it.
Ok I got you. Also my bad if you felt my comments were sarcasm. It was all typed with love. Tough love maybe but love. Not to be a smartaxx. My bad on that.

Well, all of this depends on who you want to believe, doesn't it?...

Well, of course, it depends on which one a Christian believes. :-/

This topic is about PROTESTANT versus CATHOLIC dogma on Mary, mother of Jesus....Now, YOU, of course, are NOT a Christian. You abandoned it long ago....So, any comments you make to this subject are just your way of "having some fun" (according to you)....But, I'm gonna play witcha for a little bit, any way, just for some giggles of my own. :lol:

In the book of Mary that they took out of the Bible, Mary was born by divine means through her mother Anna. Now if I was a religious person this would make sense to me....with the reason being that, Jesus who would represent the waters or life giving waters would have to come out of a "clean glass" with mary being that glass. The reason they got rid of Mary in the scriptures was because there was no way for them to make Jesus special if his mother was already special. Also it was a part of the cultural war against the Afrakan woman to destroy her.

LOL!....Even the Catholics don't know/can't say for sure who Mary's parents were. They are just following what the Roman Catholic church has decreed through "tradition."

Saints Joachim and Anne
Parents of Our Lady
Feastday: July 26

By tradition Joachim and Anne are considered to be the names of the parents of Mary, the Mother of God. We have no historical evidence, however, of any elements of their lives, including their names. Any stories about Mary's father and mother come to us through legend and tradition.
We get the oldest story from a document called the Gospel of James, though in no way should this document be trusted to be factual, historical, or the Word of God. The legend told in this document says that after years of childlessness, an angelappeared to tell Anne and Joachim that they would have a child. Anne promised to dedicate this child to God (much the way that Samuel was dedicated by his mother Hannah -- Anne -- in 1 Kings)....http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=22

She was still considered a virgin because she supposedly never had sex....seems logical to me.

In the Bible, when the phrase "knew her" is used, it denotes consummation. The Bible does not say that the marriage of Joseph and Mary was never consummated. ---Joseph, "knew" Mary AFTER she gave birth to Jesus....So, the Catholic "Perpetual Virgin" belief is erroneous even according to their own Bible, the Douay Rheims.

Matt.1
[25] And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

This is what I'm saying....jesus telling us to do something like "be perfect even as your father in heaven is" that we are told is humanly impossible. Did he forget about that one?

It is very important to read what comes BEFORE or AFTER a Bible verse in order to understand its meaning.....This is the error by those who CHERRY-PICK a particular verse to say, "What about THIS?!" --But, the Bible must be read/understood/studied, "..line upon line, precept upon precept.."

Now, in the 5th chapter of Matthew, Jesus had been speaking to the multitudes...(this is when He gave the "Beatitudes.")----And, He is saying that it's easy to love your family and friends but we must also love our enemies and those who persecute us. ...And when we do this, THEN we are being made "perfect" like our Father in heaven.

Matthew 5:
[44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
[45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
[46] For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
[47] And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
[48] Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

This calls for examination. Since he was supposedly 33 at death if you go by the story, how old were his brothers and were they from Mart's side or Josephs side?

Whatever their ages were, they were YOUNGER than Yeshua. He was the FIRSTBORN son.

Keita, this thread topic is discussing the DIFFERENCES between Protestant and Catholic dogma about Mary, mother of Jesus/Yeshua...Much of what you are introducing here is either Roman Catholic or Eastern Orthodox dogma. (or from summa those "Questions Every Christian Should Answer" lists found all over the internet)---So, YES, the Catholic church and some Orthodox churches which hold to the "Perpetual Virgin" belief, do believe that the "BRETHREN" mentioned in the Bible are either Jesus' "COUSINS" or His "STEP-brothers" by Joseph from another wife; but that is not believed by Protestants nor supported outside of the Douay Rheims.

How many people knew that Lords Payer that you mentioned? Can we get some stats on that....I'll even take the so called religious fathers if they knew it, okay?

No, I don't have any "stats;" but you can do your own research on the "Didache." (Now, yes, the following is from Wikipedia; but this non-canonical work does give evidence that the "Lord's Prayer" was known by the early Christians/Church.

The Didache (
11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png
/ˈdɪdəkiː/; Koine Greek: Διδαχή) or The Teaching of the Twelve Apostles (Didachē means "Teaching"[1]) is a brief early Christian treatise, dated by most scholars to the late first or early 2nd century.[2] The first line of this treatise is "Teaching of the Lord to the Gentiles (or Nations) by the Twelve Apostles"

The text, parts of which constitute the oldest surviving written catechism, has three main sections dealing with Christian ethics, rituals such as baptism and Eucharist, and Church organization. It is considered the first example of the genre of the Church Orders....

...Chapter 8 suggests that fasts are not to be on Monday and Thursday "with the hypocrites" — presumably non-Christian Jews — but on Wednesday and Friday. Nor must Christians pray with their Judaic brethren, instead they shall say the Lord's Prayer three times a day. The text of the prayer is not identical to the version in the Gospel of Matthew, and it is given with the doxology "for Thine is the power and the glory for ever," whereas all but a few manuscripts of the Gospel of Matthew have this interpolation with "the kingdom and the power" etc.....

Well we do know, according to the male dominated story that Mary could not possibly sit next to Jesus in heaven, that spot was already reserved.
Jesus said He would be in the grave three days and three nights after His crucifixion. If that is so, could the thief have been with Christ in Paradise that very day?

...The New Jerusalem contains the tree of life. In the New Jerusalem, then, is the Paradise of God.

Jesus said the repentant malefactor would be with Him in this Paradise, but the New Jerusalem is not yet finished. Jesus is still preparing a place for us in it (John 14:2), for it will not be fully ready until after the Millennium (Revelation 20:1-5). Not until then will it descend to earth—and not until then will the repentant malefactor enter Paradise!

Then what did Jesus mean by saying, "Today shalt thou be with me in paradise"? Most have assumed that Jesus promised the thief that he would be with Him in paradise that very day. Nothing could be further from the truth!

Remember the thief had asked earlier, "Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom" (Luke 23:42). The plain fact is that Jesus has not yet come into His Kingdom (Luke 11:2;19:11;I Corinthians 11:26;I Thessalonians 4:13-17;I Corinthians 15:23, 49-52)!.....

....Oh, I like this....can we do some more???

I rather enjoyed it myself! :) .......Perhaps so....But, I do tire of this little "game" of yours at the moment.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back