Black Poetry : Protective Poverty?

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Orisons, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Orisons

Orisons Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +599
    “Protective Poverty”?

My helicopter is never ever going to inexplicably crash, tragically fall out of the sky,
    Exploding into a fireball incinerating my pilot and I and any unfortunates too nearby,
    Isn’t the reason obvious, don’t my clothes, shoes, cars lack of designer toys/jewellery
    Highlight/graphically display the FACT I’m FREE, I’m in PROTECTIVE POVERTY?

Hordes of externally beautiful predatory women don’t stalk me as standard all over town,
    Equate acquiring me to winning 20 times the lottery rollover, just there to be taken down
    As the living embodiment/superlative source of affluent living, absolute financial security,
    Isn’t my zero assets status/the ultimate rubbish filter/a + of PROTECTIVE POVERTY?

Family, friends and associates cans be consistently problematic, Life’s usual trials/difficulties
    Grow geometrically when fuelled by jealous resentment of good fortune, fiscal inequalities;
    Which definitely isn’t my problem/being more blessed than I ever realised than/most;
    There’s no way of buying health, taking wealth/material goods with you when you give up the ghost

Aren’t the luxury cars, properties the social rat race/grief integral with truly huge sums of money.
    Another huge burden/stress evaded by the truly underrated/grace of PROTECTIVE POVERTY?

Isn't anyone who genuinely believes they are not programmed
    graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

2. Rashad

Rashad Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +10
    I once thought that money was the root of all evil and it is, however not having money is as well.
    either way poverty has a way of reminding us that it still exists both physical and spiritual, no matter how much we acquire in life...interesting piece and I always njoy reading poems that make me think about things!

3. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    protective poverty? okay...but i'll take that burden everyday.

Isn't anyone who genuinely believes they are not programmed
    graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

then...what would be the belief of those who are not programmed?

NICE PEACE