Amun-Ra : Prostate Cancer!

Amun-Ra

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
On A Very Serious Note!

Guys get yourself to a doctor and get yourself checked for prostate cancer. Prostate cancer is one of the leading diseases resulting in the death of black men in this country. Get your PSA test and rectal examination. Yes, it is uncomfortable, but it is better than suffering a premature death. If that is not enough, it will also affect your sexual performance.

Three weeks ago, I went in for a routine physical and blood work. The good news was everything seemed to in order, except--my PSA test went from 0 to 5, which is an unexplained jump, that indicative that I was in the early stages of prostate cancer. After three weeks of worrying, I had a biopsy and waited for the results. This past Friday, I received the news from my doctor--NO CANCER! Of course, I was elated, but I had to think about those who are not so lucky.

Black men should start being screened for prostate cancer when they reach 40 years old. If there is a history of it in your family, you need to start as early as 35. My cousin's husband died of prostate cancer at 45! This is not a disease to fool around with. However, usually it is a slow growing cancer and with proper treatment it can be eliminated if caught early which is why we need to have those PSA tests.

By the way, I go in next week for my routine colonoscopy. It is literally a pain in the ***, but it is the only way for me to make sure that I don't have colon cancer. My mother died from it and I began taking the tests ASAP. So far, I have had no problems, but I remain vigilant. If you don't the symptoms of these diseases that are potential killers to black males, get down to your local health clinic or doctor and get some reading information. If you are embarrassed--go to the library--but go!

I am fortunate, but there are many who may not be so lucky. Do yourself and your loved ones a favor--get a check up!

Ra

:heart:

New Info!

LONDON (Reuters) - Frequent masturbation, particularly in the 20s, helps prevent prostate cancer (news - web sites) later in life, according to new research.

Australian scientists have shown that the more men masturbate between the ages of 20 and 50, the less likely they are to develop the disease that kills more than half a million men each year.

They suspect that frequent ejaculation has a protective effect against the cancer because it prevents dangerous carcinogens from building up in the gland.

"The more you flush the ducts out, the less there is to hang around and damage the cells that line them," Graham Giles, of the Cancer Council Victoria in Melbourne, told New Scientist magazine on Wednesday.

In a survey of 1,079 prostate cancer patients and 1,259 healthy men, Giles and his team discovered that men who ejaculated more than five times a week in their 20s were a third less likely to develop an aggressive form of the disease.

The findings contradict previous studies which suggested that having a variety of partners or frequent sexual activity could increase the risk of prostate cancer by 40 percent.

Louis Gossett Jr. diagnosed with prostate cancer
(AP) – 15 hours ago
LOS ANGELES — Oscar-winning actor Louis Gossett Jr. says he is being treated for prostate cancer.

In the announcement Tuesday, Gossett says the disease was caught early and he expects to make a full recovery.

The 73-year-old actor says he is going public about the disease because there is not enough emphasis in the African-American community on fighting it with preventive examinations and early treatment.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hPC6GV-ki778hElgAOMiIH8wqWlgD9DOSPI80

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back