Black Spirituality Religion : Prophet Muhammad's Way Of Life...

I am not a Bible scholar so I never attempt to interpret it. j'hiah or anyone else who thinks they might know, please explain what is meant by this Christian phrase that I often see written here in reference to man: ". . . fallen short of the glory of God."

Aqil, you wrote: "The pursuit of knowledge is a divine commandment for every Muslim; and to waste knowledge on those who are unworthy of it is like putting pearls, jewels and gold on the necks of swine."

I'm trying to grasp the meaning of this statement because at first glance, it sounds discriminating. Who are the unworthy referred to in this context?

NNQueen's query...

Fools, sinners, nonbelievers, evil people, etc.

P.S. You get tired after a while of nonsense...some people don't want to learn...they want to attack anything that sounds different from what they've been taught. It is one thing to show a man that he is in error, and another to put him in possession of truth...

Send them a note too...:glasses:

I did!

I respect the opinions expressed by everyone here. I don't always agree with each of your perspectives but I find the exchange of ideas stimulating and most informative. I'm learning about things that are new to me from a religious as well as historical perspective and I admire the depth of conviction that most people express. I've become a "fan" of a few of you and follow your various threads because I respect your intellect and articulation skills. I hope that we can maintain a certain amount of civility among us even though our opinions or beliefs might differ.

Aqil, thanks for the response. Your answer prompts more questions and forgive them if they appear to be naive.

When you quoted the sayings of Muhammad: "One learned man is harder on the devil than a thousand ignorant worshippers. The pursuit of knowledge is a divine commandment for every Muslim; and to waste knowledge on those who are unworthy of it is like putting pearls, jewels and gold on the necks of swine."

Does this mean in order to be perceived as a Muslim in "good standing", a person must continuously learn (learn what?) and only teach what you've learned to and associate with Muslims who are practicing that as well? Does this rule out associating with other Muslims and non-Muslims who are not practicing this command?

Can you share a bit about the culture...

According to Islam, are gender roles specified?

How is the Muslim institution of marriage described? Specifically, can a Muslim man have as many "wives" as he wants according to Islam?

Since 9/11/01, I've heard the term "jihad" referred to. What does that mean?

What are the seasonal Islam holy rituals and how are they practiced?

Whenever I've seen pictures of Mosques, I've always seen just men bowing in prayer. Do men and women Muslims pray/worship together in mosques?

What is the Muslim view of suicide? Is there any form suicide that would be considered acceptable?

When a Muslim dies, are their rituals practiced?

I've always noticed how openly expressive men and women Muslims are particularly when grieving the loss of a loved one. Black people are expressive as well. I have always found it interesting though that people of European descent always appear to be so reserved when someone dies. The most notable occasion and one always talked about as being admirable is when Jack Kennedy died and his wife sat stone-faced during his funeral. There was no public display of emotion from her during that time, that I can recall. I just find it interesting which is why I shared that.

Peace :)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back