Black People : Proper English VS Accents

Maybe it was something else

jamesfrmphilly said:
i have worked with numerous Asians and Russians who could not be understood at all.
they had absolutely no trouble advancing on the job.
they could not speak and they could not do the job well, yet they advanced.

black people stayed in place.

do you feel that i have a problem with the English language?
do you think i speak Ebonics in the office?

i've seen many people with no skills advance before me.

Could it be related to the anger issues? like the white student that you punched out, in another thread? This would affect advancement! So would attitude.

Accents do carry over into the office, as for your speech pattern I have no idea, but have known people that would refuse to talk to people in other areas of the country because they could not understand them. :uhh:

havilandks said:
Could it be related to the anger issues? like the white student that you punched out, in another thread? This would affect advancement! So would attitude.
you're saying i was denied advancement because i was angry?

how white of you.

do you think i started out in life angry?
do you suppose i became angry when i saw white and Asian incompetents advancing over me?

the plain fact is that black people are denied advancement no matter how they talk, no matter what their attitude and no matter how good they are on the job.
that was my experience in the corporate world.
tends to make one angry.

if you have a real serious problem grasping that concept what in the world are you doing on this forum?
perhaps you would be more comfortable on a white conservative forum?
don't let me keep you here.

jamesfrmphilly said:

how white of you.

do you suppose i became angry when i saw white and Asian incompetents advancing over me?

the plain fact is that black people are denied advancement no matter how they talk, no matter what their attitude and no matter how good they are on the job.
tends to make one angry.

if you have a real serious problem grasping that concept what in the world are you doing on this forum?
don't let me keep you here.

That's why blacks need to establish their own businesses and become economically independent. :)

NO I did not

jamesfrmphilly said:

how white of you.

tends to make one angry.

don't let me keep you here

No did not say that! but did propose the idea as a possibility, If my boss knew my dislike for him/her would affect my posibilities no matter how good I am.

Did you change jobs, when they were promoted over you, or just blame it on the fact that you were black, and keep on truckin?

What was your corporate world? just wondering, not really any of my business.

How come when somebody disagrees with an opinion of the anoinited few they must be an oreo or white neocon etc. Heck of a way to have a discussion?

I was taught that a discussion presented two or more sides of a question. Not an idea and agreement.

but like the rebuttal. how white of you , join a white conservative site. yep this point of view will bring us together. :uhh: :fight:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back