Black Spirituality Religion : Proof Jesus Was Married?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Kemetstry, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    Historian says piece of papyrus refers to Jesus' wife
    Discovery likely to reignite debate over Mary Magdalene and women's role in Christianity

News about the gospel of jesus; wife

bing.com/news

A historian of early Christianity at Harvard Divinity School has identified a papyrus fragment in Coptic that she says contains the first known statement saying explicitly that Jesus was married. The fragment also refers to a female disciple.
    By Laurie Goodstein
    [​IMG]

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — A historian of early Christianity at Harvard Divinity School has identified a scrap of papyrus that she says was written in Coptic in the fourth century and contains a phrase never seen in any piece of scripture: "Jesus said to them, 'My wife …'"
    The faded papyrus fragment is smaller than a business card, with eight lines on one side, in black ink legible under a magnifying glass. Just below the line about Jesus having a wife, the papyrus includes a second provocative clause that purportedly says, “she will be able to be my disciple.”
    The finding is being made public in Rome on Tuesday at an international meeting of Coptic scholars by the historian Karen L. King, who has published several books about new Gospel discoveries and is the first woman to hold the nation’s oldest endowed chair, the Hollis professor of divinity.

The provenance of the papyrus fragment is a mystery, and its owner has asked to remain anonymous. Until Tuesday, King had shown the fragment to only a small circle of experts in papyrology and Coptic linguistics, who concluded that it is most likely not a forgery. But she and her collaborators say they are eager for more scholars to weigh in and perhaps upend their conclusions.
    Even with many questions unsettled, the discovery could reignite the debate over whether Jesus was married, whether Mary Magdalene was his wife and whether he had a female disciple. These debates date to the early centuries of Christianity, scholars say. But they are relevant today, when global Christianity is roiling over the place of women in ministry and the boundaries of marriage.
    The discussion is particularly animated in the Roman Catholic Church, where despite calls for change, the Vatican has reiterated the teaching that the priesthood cannot be opened to women and married men because of the model set by Jesus.

King gave an interview and showed the papyrus fragment, encased in glass, to reporters from The New York Times, The Boston Globe and Harvard Magazine in her garret office in the tower at Harvard Divinity School last Thursday. She left the next day for Rome to deliver her paper on the find on Tuesday at the International Congress of Coptic Studies.

She repeatedly cautioned that this fragment should not be taken as proof that Jesus, the historical person, was actually married. The text was probably written centuries after Jesus lived, and all other early, historically reliable Christian literature is silent on the question, she said.
    But the discovery is exciting, King said, because it is the first known statement from antiquity that refers to Jesus speaking of a wife. It provides further evidence that there was an active discussion among early Christians about whether Jesus was celibate or married, and which path his followers should choose.
    “This fragment suggests that some early Christians had a tradition that Jesus was married,” King said. “There was, we already know, a controversy in the second century over whether Jesus was married, caught up with a debate about whether Christians should marry and have sex.”
    [​IMG]
    Rose Lincoln / Harvard
    Karen L. King, a professor at Harvard Divinity School, holds a case containing the scrap of papyrus on which Jesus is quoted as referring to "my wife."
    King first learned about what she calls “The Gospel of Jesus' Wife” when she received an e-mail in 2010 from a private collector who asked her to translate it. King, 58, specializes in Coptic literature, and has written books on the Gospel of Judas, the Gospel of Mary of Magdala, Gnosticism and women in antiquity.

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

When i stated this fact years ago they wanted to crucify me! When i pointed it out in the by-bill about the marriage in Ca'na was his and that's why all of his disciples were there, as well as his mother, the christians here at that time cursed me! When i told them that it is judaic tradition for the mother to be concerned with all of the affairs of the wedding which is why Mary (the mother of jesus) was concerned about the wine and when she told jesus there was no more, he basically said well that's your problem, the christians laughed at me.....lol

I think somewhere back then that i named his children as well. Especially Simon Bar (the son of) Jesus who was a sourceror and he is the one who walked with paul. Paul never met or walked with the one ya'll claim to be god in the flesh.

So i find it very funny that this is being brought to light all of a sudden because white people are now saying, but when your non-religious brother (s) and sister (s) were saying it, the christians here were looking at some of us like we were the devil.....

Thus, another sign of the curse of slave making religions.

3. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    hmm their "evidence" looks like something I wrote on the back of a napkin while keeping score at a local bar fight lol. On a serious note Ive always believed that "Jesus" if in fact he did exist and was indeed a hebrew would have by custom HAD to have been married. It is far unlikely that a hebrew man of his age had not been married yet, he would have certainly been shunned by the locals and talked about even in the bible. But since Christians were in the business of wiping out ALL evidence of the mother goddess and the sacred feminine (like all religions of the time) I can see how this small detail was left out. Also what about the lineage of the Merovigians who claimed to have descended from him? France certainly has lots of artifacts, strange symbols, buildings and art that seems to coincide with the time period and the religious early christian cult that was obsessed with the "holy grail" "the sacred feminine" the chalice the stone or "womb" and Mary Magdaline. Its all very interesting...

4. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    Naw,

They were looking at "some" like they were the "conscious-type".

5. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,782
    Gerald Massey, Walter Williams and Gerald Smith told me all I needed to know about this ficticious creature and his mother who were created at the Council of Nicea in Europe.

The Origin of Christianity
    by Walter Williams
    Chapter V, page 54

"...Today, this contrived spiritless creature called Serapis is worshipped throughout the world and is called Jesus the Christ, or Jesus, Son of Mary, the Savior and Redeemer of Mankind..."

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... In all fairness Kemetstry, smh, tell the whole story:

King stresses that the new discovery "does not provide evidence that the historical Jesus was married."
    http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...ions-wife-000319173--abc-news-topstories.html

Peace In,

7. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

The point is that it doesn't matter what these white folk are saying, the story is in the by-bill for all to see! They removed some of the story because it leaves a lot out, but there's still enough there to see that the one referred to as jesus and mary magdelene got married in Can'aa. I mean, for those interested in the truth anyway. If i'm not mistaken, i think they even stayed a couple of days at a relative of Mary Magdslene's house after the wedding.

More evidence is at the tomb when the mary's showed up to take jesus' naked body. Only the mother and WIFE are allowed to see the naked body which is why mary magdelene was also present to wrap his body, but found the tomb empty, then the angel appeared and told them to not be afraid and showed them where jesus had been laying.

Matthew 28:1-10

New International Version (NIV)

28 After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.
    2 There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4 The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
    5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”

8. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

9. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486