Black Christians : Promiscuity

Discussion in 'Christian Study Group' started by Angela22, May 14, 2014.

1. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    What are your views on it(promiscuity), within the Christian faith? How does one believe they should handle it if they're having trouble with it, or know someone who's having trouble with it?

Also, is it believed that males are naturally more promiscuous than females, or the other way around?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    define yo terms....what do it mean to you might be different from what it mean to me

3. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Promiscuity, to me, would be casual sex with multiple partners within short time spans.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    :SuN020:well, that lets me off the hook cause i never did no short time spans......i stayed in it til i fin it

5. I'm Becoming Me

I'm Becoming Me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Lover & Fighter...
    Ratings:
    +1,219
    I think the entire notion that somehow being a Christian (and depending on who you ask that will have a different meaning)should make you any less human or incapable of the very things can just come naturally to our nature as human-beings is just insane.

I don't think having the label of Christian saves anyone from their humanity.

Some people are just naturally more sexually active and are more prone to sexual addictions than others, both males and females. I think sex is just one of the ways humans reach out to connect (and one of the easiest and quickest ways) to another human-being in an attempt to fill voids of emptiness, etc..

So..like anyone else, a Christian will have to dig deep within to figure out why they are using sex as a drug.

6. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,127

Because guys are promiscuous with themselves. Or is it this same female from Virginia city? LMAO Guys fool around with other females. Thus, it could be argued that either all these guys are getting sloppy tenths or there are plenty of females participating.

Hormones force both sexes to confront their drives. Some cant handle it

7. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,127

1. define short time span

2. I thought the strict construction definition was any sex outside of marriage?

8. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    haha, should have known you'd say something like that. :lol:

9. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    I understand your points. Thanks for sharing.

I, myself, don't think there's anything "human"about promiscuity, and have never been one for saying something is part of our humanity just because it's done often and enjoyed by many.

I do believe one would have to dig deep to find out why, though. But I also believe being Christian means you've set yourself at a higher standard and know that, to the contrary of what's believed by many(that we'd see less trouble with these things), we'd actually see more trouble since we're putting in an actual effort to stay away. Satan's always on the prowl for who's not with him, instead of those who already are.

10. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

Just because there are plenty females doesn't mean the numbers are close with males and females.

Say there are two guys who've slept with the same 7 females within the same time span. Those women sleeping with only TWO guys is not the same as each guy sleeping with SEVEN different women.

Plus, I ask because I know not every male and female are heterosexual, so I wanted to take that into account. I was talking with a lesbian female recently, and she told me gay men sleep around WAY more than lesbians. I started to wonder if guys were just naturally prone to wanting to sleep around more than women, whether gay, straight, bi, or whatever.

And how can you talk!? You're always defending guys sleeping around, and not you want to pretend like it's all even? Can't have it both ways!!:mad:
    1. Not a long time span. :lol:

2. Well, you're saying you consider someone who's had sex with only 3 people over a course of 10 years promiscuous? I thought sex outside of marriage was simply fornication?