Black Spirituality Religion : Prometheus Unbound X-FILE 2: Religion

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by prometheusunbou, Apr 4, 2003.

1. prometheusunbou

prometheusunbou Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    pleas delete thx

2. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    Great questions prome....I am anxious to hear opinions on them myself.

As for me..I think anyone who tries to force their faith on other poeple is wrong, because to be honest it is mostly opinions. None of us know for certain. We are all operating on beliefs...some beliefs are more logical than others...but they are still just beliefs. My belief is...to go to war, kill, imprision, or degrade people because they don't believe as you do proves the lack of faith and/or confidence you have in what you believe.

If you KNOW the sky is blue and someone disagrees with you and you go outside and show them that the sky is blue....would you continue to spend time trying to convince them? or worse yet, oppress them because they don't see what you see?

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Topic for some interesting discussion

PU, I too am interested in seeing the discussion that takes place on this topic. IMHO, only people that are well-adjusted will not take offense and will offer perspectives that can be enlightening.

Again, I see no need for you to apologize or take down your posts when you have not been offensive in how you present your comments and you have just as much of a right to express yourself as anyone else. Truth is a matter of perspective and I agree with Dre', we're all humans trying to find our truth.

Now, let's have some healthy discussion.

:toast:

4. A007

Ratings:
    +115
    Prome---

Good questions.

As for the way Jesus treated his mother...we do not know in what tone, or context he used to communicate these 'messages' to his mother because there has been so much lost in translation. Even the Muslims concede that Jesus was perfect. Jesus did not EVER sin...which is the reason we know he was the son of God.

I don't dispute that man has used "religion" to satisfy his own ambition. The fact is that every "religion" has had people commit evil acts "in the name of theri faith". To that I say....it is just proof that the so called "religious people" we not spritual at all...the just used it as justification to do what they did to ignorant and ill equipped people.

"What is the deal with Jesus asking his own self why have you forsaken me?"

That question is funny and you know how all of us will answer that.....so I ask what is your point in asking it?

5. A007

Ratings:
    +115
    Prome---

Do you have a faith? If so what is it and what are its tenents?

6. prometheusunbou

Ratings:
    +2
    lol My point was that Jesus was a part of a trilogy kind of like sibyl only grater, so He was God but only in the flesh.

7. prometheusunbou

Ratings:
    +2

8. prometheusunbou

Ratings:
    +2
    I can get with that

9. A007

Ratings:
    +115
    I'm Looking Forward To It

"I practice Bhudisim. ill give you tenents? as sone as I can"

I have to say that I am interesting in learning more about your faith.

10. prometheusunbou

Ratings:
    +2
    Allot of people do not realize that Buddhism is of African origin.
    the truth of this was hidden. the next time you look at a Buddha statue examine the ears and hair note: that his earlobes have been stretched and hollowed, no other people on earth in his time did that except Africans, now how about that hair note: that it is very nappy. Buddha's appearance was changed to hide the truth not just from us but from whites also.

The point of Buddhism is to re--enter reality. The human mind is pure at berth, but after so many years (exp
    in the great White West) we are deluded with selfishness , hatred for others, lust, concepts of Wright and wrong, Beauty verses ugliness the list goes on. Stand in front of a window and you can see others, Drop a small amount of silver on it then you will only see the self, Well think of Buddhism as the destroyer of the window. Buddhism is a belief that has no problem telling you to test it before you buy it. these are the words of Buddha: Believe not because some old manuscripts are produced, Believe not because it is your national belief, Believe not because you were made to believe from yore Childhood but reason truth out, and after you have analyzed it then if you find it will do good to one and all believe it and live up to it.
    More to come.