Registered Feature : Profile Page Posting - Premium Members Can Do More!

Discussion in 'Premium Features' started by Destee, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Posting to profile pages is now a Premium Member feature.

I am having to tell more and more Members not to use profile pages to leave links, promote their sites, spam us, etc., yet the option is there. None of you have done anything wrong, other than use what was available.

I am very particular about what shows up on our home page and profile posts do that now. Rather than continuing to fuss at you for doing what I've made available, I'll just make it a Premium Member feature. This will require less moderating while giving Premium Members more, both of which are great things.

This move is basically a spam prevention measure, as most spammers are not going to pay to spam.

Those who pay at destee, do it because they care, because it is in their heart to do.

Premium Members can post links to their profile page, as well as the following :

1. View profile posts
    2. Like profile posts
    3. Manage profile posts on own profile
    4. Post new profile posts
    5. Comment on profile posts
    6. Delete profile posts by self
    7. Edit profile posts by self

Regular Members can only do numbers 1 and 2 above.

Remember ... everyone is welcome to post to profile pages ... just Become a Premium Member.

I am particular about how our home looks, so Premium Members don't make me krazee(er), please.

As you can see as well, this is a new forum ... Premium Features ... and I will be creating threads for all the Premium Features currently available. Give me time to get this done though, yall know my plate is full, but this is the desire of my heart. To make it easy for everyone to see how our Premium Membership offerings have grown from nothing, to more. Thank you all for working and sharing with me all these many years.

If you have any questions just ask.

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

• Like Like x 5
    • Enjoyed Enjoyed x 1
    • List
  2. rapchild

rapchild Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ghana
    Ratings:
    +209
    I gotcha Queen D.

God bless the Queen!

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I've been able to adjust this so Members who have 25 posts on the forum can now post to profile pages.

What is different now, that allows me to try this is that only Premium Members can post links to profile pages.

That was the reason I took this from all Members, because I got tired of seeing folk using us to promote other endeavors, sites, etc., and never giving anything back to destee.com. This isn't a full proof way to resolve this issue as folk can post the names of their sites, endeavors, etc., without Becoming a Premium Member, but if I see it, I'll address it. Hopefully it won't be too often, forcing me to revert back to the more drastic way of managing this issue.

If you want to promote other endeavors here you should at least be willing to support us and not just use us.

Having said all of that, Members with 25 forum posts can post to profile pages again!

Below is the breakdown of Profile Post features and requirements.

Registered Members can :

1. Can post new profile posts (25 forum posts needed)
    2. Can like profile posts (25 posts are not needed)
    3. Can comment on profile posts (25 forum posts needed)
    4. Can edit their own profile posts (25 forum posts needed)
    5. Can delete their own profile posts (25 forum posts needed)

Premium Members can :

1. Can post new profile posts
    2. Can like profile posts
    3. Can comment on profile posts
    4. Can edit their own profile posts
    5. Can delete their own profile posts
    6. Can delete posts by others (on their own profile page)
    7. Can post links in profile pages

The fact that profile posts show up on the home page of destee.com makes me all the more vigilant in insuring that our home page is not spammed with links, advertisements, promotions, etc. Even Premium Members cannot be abusive in this regard.

If you have any questions let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee