Black Spirituality Religion : Professor James Smalls: Indigenous African Religions

Okay i turned up the volume and watched some more and I'm glad I did. There's alot of good information here.

yoraba re-established the original contract with nature- what it is you were born to do. Ancestors established religion to bind with nature. The best minds are at war with african peoples even when they mean well een in there best minds. all the wealth tht the muslims control in Africa we should be the most powerful people on this world. We need to move from the zombie stage to the living stage but our best minds are scared of Africa.

Cuban form of yorba religion Lucami-
Lucumi is a Yoruba dialect spoken by practitioners of the Santería religion in Cuba. It is also known as Yoruba and Santeria.[1] Lucumi is a liturgical language used in Santeria's prayers, chants and songs.

Yes. I watched part of the clip. I was just wondering if this was for people who are not aware of indigenous Gods in Africa? The audio isn't good and the video is a little bit grainy. I read a little bit about it during college and a year or so ago on these boards there was a posting about some African Gods being put in comic book form. And now I see that there's a move being made to crowdfund it into a film in Britain.

http://www.sinuousmag.com/2013/02/oya-orisha-film/

Not until last fall, had I ever seen African Orishas, Gods and Goddesses of the Yorùbá religion, portrayed beyond illustration. And what’s known about them has spread primarily through oral tradition.
Similarly, the deities and their supernatural gifts, powers and responsibilities have never been visualized in film, but that’s about to change.
Oya: Rise of the Orisha is an upcoming sci-fi/action/martial arts film that will bring some of these figures to life as modern-day superheroes in Britain.
Sci-fi? Hmmm....
Hope they do diligence to these symbolic entities.

Sci-fi? Hmmm....
Hope they do diligence to these symbolic entities.

Do you have a written transcript of the information described in the youtube videos or know where it can be found? I'm interested in learning more about where the different tribes went to when the white Arabs began invading from the North. I had no idea at all that High Priests from Egypt settled in Benin as a result of the invasions. But it's good to hear that some people in Africa still preserve oral traditions and can recite thousands of years worth of history.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back