Black People : Professor Dyson defends using the N-word...do you agree with him?

ugh!

Hotep ShemsiEnTehuti...

Thank You for the post and the question...
As I listened, I felt a blow to the gut with the free use of the N word. I, like you, disagree with it's use in relation to US in any way, shape or form.
He could very well have used the term "African" and "Africans" vs the N word and that would BE my suggestion ro potential solution to him and others who search for an appropriate word to express OUR collective experience(s).

Thanks again for sharing and allowing me to share. ...

While I appreciate his "breaking it down," I don't appreciate the use of it. You see, he can say that for himself. Also, he indicated his very own Definitions for "niggg@ and n!ggger," who supports my point.

1/2 the folks who use the N-word would only be able to understand less than 1/2 of his logic behind the use of the word.

KD

I listened to the whole speech and agree with most of what he said. It is unfortunate that he opened the door for the media to take the focus off his message and place it on a word in his message. The message itself was powerful enough that they had to find something.

I understand that he was not necessarily calling us by that term but using satire to convey how we are perceived and treated by global white supremacy. However, he failed to make that clear and left himself open to criticism.

I think its obvious hes NOT defending the use of the word, he is using it as a substitute for "oppressed".

I like other posters hate its use regardless of context, but I see what he was doing and I think its a bit of a stretch to say he was "defending its use".

But to answer the question, no I dont like his use of it regardless of the fact hes using it to make a point I agree with.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back