Black People : Profanity

I am curious. Who in history came to the conclusion that the words that are considered profanity are such? Why can't be be treated as any other word we use or say? I need real answers please. Thanks in advance.

Theory:

Throughout history there have been class divisions. Primary divisions have been the elite vs. the vulgar (common men). The elite; the nobles live, eat, educate, dress, work, speak differently than the vulgar.

Certain words or thoughts became taboo over time whether for "moral" or political reasons. These words and thoughts were censured by kings and priests.

You know, I have never had any curiosity on this subject yet I can cuss like a sailor at times. Funny now that I think about it. I started looking into and researching these origins after the question was posed in this topic and what I have come across is interesting. Whether what I have looked into is the absolute truth of origins is debatable, but it was a thought provoking question that you have posed that I looked into as a frequent offender of "taboo" linguistics at times. I won't post anything here for obvious reasons, so all I can say is do a Google search on specifics if you already have not done so.

I think profanity words was divided from moral humanity words by great Kings and religious high priests
where they felt not fit for there kingdoms /temples that seem to be used in hurmful ways, throughout time
more words created by going around other words gave cursing/profanity new standards that was outlawed
which shift into a political arena where law makes felt words was not humanly fit into our society as good
but evil/bad and harmful ......

This a very good question, but with the many slaves taught to live under the Christianity of slave-masters
they took on there meanings and cast out words throughout history til this day where we are taught words
are bad/ harmful and shameful, but used to express self of relief or acts of release.

I have no true answer , but like billions of others has accept the tren of such words not fit to be spoken
to and toward another humankind.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back