Black People : Profanity

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by legit-writer, Mar 3, 2012.

1. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I am curious. Who in history came to the conclusion that the words that are considered profanity are such? Why can't be be treated as any other word we use or say? I need real answers please. Thanks in advance.

2. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989

Theory:

Throughout history there have been class divisions. Primary divisions have been the elite vs. the vulgar (common men). The elite; the nobles live, eat, educate, dress, work, speak differently than the vulgar.

Certain words or thoughts became taboo over time whether for "moral" or political reasons. These words and thoughts were censured by kings and priests.

3. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    You know, I have never had any curiosity on this subject yet I can cuss like a sailor at times. Funny now that I think about it. I started looking into and researching these origins after the question was posed in this topic and what I have come across is interesting. Whether what I have looked into is the absolute truth of origins is debatable, but it was a thought provoking question that you have posed that I looked into as a frequent offender of "taboo" linguistics at times. I won't post anything here for obvious reasons, so all I can say is do a Google search on specifics if you already have not done so.

4. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
  5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I think profanity words was divided from moral humanity words by great Kings and religious high priests
    where they felt not fit for there kingdoms /temples that seem to be used in hurmful ways, throughout time
    more words created by going around other words gave cursing/profanity new standards that was outlawed
    which shift into a political arena where law makes felt words was not humanly fit into our society as good
    but evil/bad and harmful ......

This a very good question, but with the many slaves taught to live under the Christianity of slave-masters
    they took on there meanings and cast out words throughout history til this day where we are taught words
    are bad/ harmful and shameful, but used to express self of relief or acts of release.

I have no true answer , but like billions of others has accept the tren of such words not fit to be spoken
    to and toward another humankind.