Black Spirituality Religion : PROF. JAMES SMALLS VODUN AND HAITI

Brother, most likely the lack of views has to do with one word in the title and we know what that is. I agree with you and whenever I speak in regards to this spiritual divide either a specific faith based group detracts or folks just not interested because discussion alone challenges the religious box they are in.

The failure of our community stems fro leadership which utilizes politics to answer, not solve, sacred/spiritual matters therefore no progress because then we have confused our ancient secular systems with the religious, thus lacking true knowledge of our ancient sacred structures and institutions. They are not even a mystery to us because they have become lost and forgotten.
Its too bad that their fear of such words that will keep them polarized and wallowing in their ignorance, plunging us further into the abyss.

It gives me so much hope when i see brothers like Professor James Smalls really examine the roots of our disorientation and then the big let down comes when our people hear this and that eerie stone silence fills the room of our culture. ****. But i'll just try to take this information and try to better myself. Great video! I don't want to unite with our people until this issue has been addressed and discussed.

It gives me so much hope when i see brothers like Professor James Smalls really examine the roots of our disorientation and then the big let down comes when our people hear this and that eerie stone silence fills the room of our culture. ****. But i'll just try to take this information and try to better myself. Great video! I don't want to unite with our people until this issue has been addressed and discussed.

I hear you as well which is why I stated a few days ago that I am re-thinking the viability of organizing along political lines, when our spiritual systems, collectively and individually, are so out of balance. In fact, I decided today to follow through on establishing an "institution" focusing on health education, fitness and wellness.

Here is the thing that I see. Vodoun. This takes us back to the Dogon and Twa (Congo, Cameroun). The has been a concerted effort to exterminate not only the ROOT Twa (Congo, Cameroun, Rwanda, etc) but their descendants as well (Haiti, New Orleans). These situations are not by accident but high level design. The blacks in Libya, the Tawargha, same thing. They are related to the same Dogon/Twa ROOT who migrated to Mali, the same who are are direct Ancestors, some who came to the Americas before Columbus, others who were kidnapped after the fall of the Malian and Songhai empires,as well as the fall of Angola.

I got a few more contributions to make here before I take another hiatus. Keep your head up my brother.

P.E.A.C.E. (Positive Engagement Achieving Conscious Enlightenment)

I finally listened to all three videos. Thanks for this. It had me up all night thinking and listening to Haitian music. I don't have much else to say. He just confirmed much of my own thinking. As he states, Vodun is a culture, a way of life. I think we need to stop referring to it and other traditions as ATR's because they are not religious systems. But let me be quiet I actually do have much to say, but I need to do a better job of devotion to my ancestors.

Peace!

I finally listened to all three videos. Thanks for this. It had me up all night thinking and listening to Haitian music. I don't have much else to say. He just confirmed much of my own thinking. As he states, Vodun is a culture, a way of life. I think we need to stop referring to it and other traditions as ATR's because they are not religious systems. But let me be quiet I actually do have much to say, but I need to do a better job of devotion to my ancestors.

Peace!
Co-sign. The videos were deep and significant. The european already has had his way with the vilification of the word/culture/lifestyle, so much in that, as you said earlier, it will keep others from even viewing the clips. Perhaps 'The Root of African Culture' would have been a more appropriate title. But the european has also taught most of us to shun anything having to do with those words also. But it is what it is.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back