Black Spirituality Religion : PROF. JAMES SMALLS VODUN AND HAITI

"Gener-al"? [a.k.a. SlickBeast]
C'mon mane!

I respect your skills as a military strategist and all but:

How, after being victorious in that "first phase" of the haitian revolution (middle clip - 4:04) , you agree that
the former slaves, your troops, go back to the plantation to be exploited by whites all over again?
Did such a notion have to do with your upbringing in an "urban setting" as a "house negro" (middle clip - 4:41)?

-RAPTOR a.k.a. "Kunta" a.k.a. "Toby":D

Wow, Prof. Smalls just summed up why I don't post that much on Destee. There will be no progress for black people unless we are under the same spiritual umbrella of African spirituality. All of our efforts will be in vain as long as we make attempts of liberation as a divided people. This is the root of our problems in the world today; our spiritual division. Those that would oppress us know that the way to bring us down is to eradicate what holds us together and therefore the war against people of color became a spiritual war. Instead of beating us over the head with a physical weapons it is now done with pseudo spiritual philosophies. I know this topic has been harped on to death but I'm not sorry to say that this is the only answer for us as a people. Its a shame that this thread only got 58 views at the time of this writing. Thanks Raptor.

Wow, Prof. Smalls just summed up why I don't post that much on Destee. There will be no progress for black people unless we are under the same spiritual umbrella of African spirituality. All of our efforts will be in vain as long as we make attempts of liberation as a divided people. This is the root of our problems in the world today; our spiritual division. Those that would oppress us know that the way to bring us down is to eradicate what holds us together and therefore the war against people of color became a spiritual war. Instead of beating us over the head with a physical weapons it is now done with pseudo spiritual philosophies. I know this topic has been harped on to death but I'm not sorry to say that this is the only answer for us as a people. Its a shame that this thread only got 58 views at the time of this writing. Thanks Raptor.

Brother, most likely the lack of views has to do with one word in the title and we know what that is. I agree with you and whenever I speak in regards to this spiritual divide either a specific faith based group detracts or folks just not interested because discussion alone challenges the religious box they are in.

The failure of our community stems from leadership which utilizes politics to answer, not solve, sacred/spiritual matters, therefore, no progress, because we have confused our ancient secular systems with the religious, thus lacking true knowledge of our ancient sacred structures and institutions. They are not even a mystery to us because they have become lost and forgotten.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back