Black Spirituality Religion : PROF. JAMES SMALLS VODUN AND HAITI

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by RAPTOR, Feb 1, 2012.

1. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097

2. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    *bump*

3. RAPTOR

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    "Gener-al"? [a.k.a. SlickBeast]
    C'mon mane!

I respect your skills as a military strategist and all but:

How, after being victorious in that "first phase" of the haitian revolution (middle clip - 4:04) , you agree that
    the former slaves, your troops, go back to the plantation to be exploited by whites all over again?
    Did such a notion have to do with your upbringing in an "urban setting" as a "house negro" (middle clip - 4:41)?

-RAPTOR a.k.a. "Kunta" a.k.a. "Toby":D

4. bingiedred

bingiedred Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +242
    Wow, Prof. Smalls just summed up why I don't post that much on Destee. There will be no progress for black people unless we are under the same spiritual umbrella of African spirituality. All of our efforts will be in vain as long as we make attempts of liberation as a divided people. This is the root of our problems in the world today; our spiritual division. Those that would oppress us know that the way to bring us down is to eradicate what holds us together and therefore the war against people of color became a spiritual war. Instead of beating us over the head with a physical weapons it is now done with pseudo spiritual philosophies. I know this topic has been harped on to death but I'm not sorry to say that this is the only answer for us as a people. Its a shame that this thread only got 58 views at the time of this writing. Thanks Raptor.

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Brother, most likely the lack of views has to do with one word in the title and we know what that is. I agree with you and whenever I speak in regards to this spiritual divide either a specific faith based group detracts or folks just not interested because discussion alone challenges the religious box they are in.

The failure of our community stems from leadership which utilizes politics to answer, not solve, sacred/spiritual matters, therefore, no progress, because we have confused our ancient secular systems with the religious, thus lacking true knowledge of our ancient sacred structures and institutions. They are not even a mystery to us because they have become lost and forgotten.

6. bingiedred

Ratings:
    +242
    Its too bad that their fear of such words that will keep them polarized and wallowing in their ignorance, plunging us further into the abyss.

7. Nakeone

Nakeone Well-Known Member MEMBER

Technician
    Ratings:
    +158
    It gives me so much hope when i see brothers like Professor James Smalls really examine the roots of our disorientation and then the big let down comes when our people hear this and that eerie stone silence fills the room of our culture. ****. But i'll just try to take this information and try to better myself. Great video! I don't want to unite with our people until this issue has been addressed and discussed.

8. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I hear you as well which is why I stated a few days ago that I am re-thinking the viability of organizing along political lines, when our spiritual systems, collectively and individually, are so out of balance. In fact, I decided today to follow through on establishing an "institution" focusing on health education, fitness and wellness.

Here is the thing that I see. Vodoun. This takes us back to the Dogon and Twa (Congo, Cameroun). The has been a concerted effort to exterminate not only the ROOT Twa (Congo, Cameroun, Rwanda, etc) but their descendants as well (Haiti, New Orleans). These situations are not by accident but high level design. The blacks in Libya, the Tawargha, same thing. They are related to the same Dogon/Twa ROOT who migrated to Mali, the same who are are direct Ancestors, some who came to the Americas before Columbus, others who were kidnapped after the fall of the Malian and Songhai empires,as well as the fall of Angola.

I got a few more contributions to make here before I take another hiatus. Keep your head up my brother.

P.E.A.C.E. (Positive Engagement Achieving Conscious Enlightenment)

9. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

I finally listened to all three videos. Thanks for this. It had me up all night thinking and listening to Haitian music. I don't have much else to say. He just confirmed much of my own thinking. As he states, Vodun is a culture, a way of life. I think we need to stop referring to it and other traditions as ATR's because they are not religious systems. But let me be quiet I actually do have much to say, but I need to do a better job of devotion to my ancestors.

Peace!

10. bingiedred

Ratings:
    +242
    Co-sign. The videos were deep and significant. The european already has had his way with the vilification of the word/culture/lifestyle, so much in that, as you said earlier, it will keep others from even viewing the clips. Perhaps 'The Root of African Culture' would have been a more appropriate title. But the european has also taught most of us to shun anything having to do with those words also. But it is what it is.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. professor james smalls religion all lies

2. prof. James Smalls on Africa spirituality teachings