Omowale Jabali : Problems with the Egyptian Book of the Dead

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
I know that there will be those who will come to correct me in this thread, starting with the title. I am more than familiar with who these individuals are and the 'language' they use so please excuse me for using the language of the oppressor. It is my opinion that a large part of the process of destroying white supremacy is dependent on mastery of the oppressors language and using that same language as a tool to destroy the oppressor. As an educator for 20 years in the public school system I also know for FACT that we are to a large part presently losing this war against white supremacy because we are functionally illiterate in the oppressor's school system. The oppressor has gotten the upper hand as a result of us losing the art of writing our own history (as argued by Dr. Chancellor Williams) and at the same time the white man has studied very carefully Our Story, falsified it, and repackaged and mass-marketed it back too us and now we are mostly mass consumers of a pre-fabricated history and culture which also has been labeled and defined by the very same oppressor.

With this said, my concern is with the lack of written 'history' concerning the Black ancient civilizations as recorded by BLACK PEOPLE IN ANTIQUITY.

In the subject of ancient Egypt or "Kam-Au", common reference is usually made to the "Pert" or what has been called the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

Question: When was the Papyrus of Ani written?

If it is true that it was written in 1240 B.C. this presents us with not only some monumental problems, but some very difficult tasks.

This date corresponds to the 19th Dynasty of King Ramesses II. Obviously this is a relatively late period. It is also well after the so-called Hebrew Exodus. Much later than Pharaoh Akhenaten's Amarna Revolution.

However, this is the text that is used to "unanimously" identify "Kam-Au" as the "Land of the Blacks".

The problem here is that there is no way possible that Nile Valley Civilaization in 1240 B.C. could have been considered the "land of the Blacks" ONLY.

There were large numers of "Asiatics" who had migrated into the Nile Valley since approximately 1600 B.C. and perhaps earlier in smaller nomadic groups.

Therefore, one of the problems has to do with it's authorship itself. Who wrote the Papyrus of Ani and when? Was this text one of a series of ther texts? What other "books" were written during the same time period and what is the source of their authorship?

And at last I ask again, where EXACTLY is ther a reference to Kemet or "Kemau" that is "unanimously" recognized by black, white and arab "scholars" and exactly WHO are these "scholars" PRIOR to the Age of Colonization and modern "egyptology"??

nibs said:
i looked through the texts in budge's first steps in egyptian hieroglyphics, couldn't find a reference to kemet (qemt) before ramses.

maybe i can take a second look at some point. how many texts are there where you can see the glyphs and transliterations, in addition to the translation?

I am not sure concerning how many texts are there where you can see the glyphs and transliterations. The more I research this area it seems possible that some of the texts were either written or translated in a later period under the Kush-ite rulers who wrote some of the texts in Meroitic script which remains undecipherable.

If you have not been able to find a reference to kemet (qemt) before ramses most likely it is because if was NOT a common reference which is the position I have maintained for weeks.

If you're using Budge, there are references to "kemet" but not by that name.

Check this source for a hint:
http://nefertamu.tripod.com/books.html

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back