Black People : Problems Between Pastor Ray Hagins and Ashra Kwesi

KWABENA -- Thx for generating this topic which began 03/11/2009. I regret that I haven't responded b4 now. I happen to know an educator who personally knows Dr. Hagins. When this person laid down the 'facts' to me I then generated a topic in "Black Spirituality". Although I was beat down by omowalejabali, I continue to see the relevence of people knowing the truth about Dr. Hagins who is a bonified opportunist to the core...!

I appreciate your knowledge and insight, always!

1Love

KWABENA -- Thx for generating this topic which began 03/11/2009. I regret that I haven't responded b4 now. I happen to know an educator who personally knows Dr. Hagins. When this person laid down the 'facts' to me I then generated a topic in "Black Spirituality". Although I was beat down by omowalejabali, I continue to see the relevence of people knowing the truth about Dr. Hagins who is a bonified opportunist to the core...!

I appreciate your knowledge and insight, always!

1Love

peace

No doubt. I really struggle to see why so many others can't seem to see that. Even if i didn't know of the beef between he and brother Kwesi that he brought to the forefront, i would still see him as suspect because his messages still have religious undertones to them, imho. He even still refers to his messages as 'his ministries'. :confused:

There are so many things that he mis speaks about that it would've been better if he just remained a student, instead of trying to feed others a meal that he obviously hasn't cooked or tasted.....

It's funny also to note that most of his 'followers' and defenders are christians.

You are right and exact, my Brother.

Some habits are diffcult to let go, the religiousity of a former Methodist Preacher being one of them. He (eg. Dr. Hagins) will never be free of this crutch. He has what Dr. Clarke coined 'split thinking silliness'. He knows the source of the bible (eg. or so he says) yet he cannot let go of the bible.

IMHO, this is his biggest superstitiuous flaw and Master Teacher he is not!

peace

No doubt. I really struggle to see why so many others can't seem to see that. Even if i didn't know of the beef between he and brother Kwesi that he brought to the forefront, i would still see him as suspect because his messages still have religious undertones to them, imho. He even still refers to his messages as 'his ministries'. :confused:

There are so many things that he mis speaks about that it would've been better if he just remained a student, instead of trying to feed others a meal that he obviously hasn't cooked or tasted.....

It's funny also to note that most of his 'followers' and defenders are christians.

Ray Hagins the Conscious Pop-Up! -- Facts speak for themselves...but don't take my word, do the research!

Hagins was first a police detective in the City of Baltimore, MD, when he began to serve as a Christian Pastor. For whatever reason he miraculously turned from being a "Christian" to being "Conscious". (IMHO, a leopard does not change its spots.) If he is in fact a government operative, the truth will reveal itself in time.

Anyway, after becoming "conscious" --he quickly popped up and befriended the Honorable Dr. Ashra Kwesi, who was once a student of Dr. Ben Jochanan. Unknowingly, Dr. Kwesi initiated Hagins into Kemet Knowledge and his new name became Sa Ra Ankhotep Kheru Setep En Ra. Dr. Kwesi instructed Hagin not to use his new found title as a marketing tool. Hagins ignored Dr. Kwesi. Dr. Kwesi discovered what Hagins did and thus, began the debate. Eye am not surprised, this is an "ancient ritual" amongst my people --that spans back to Marcus Garvey. By "ancient ritual" Eye mean the act of black people penetrating black organizations in order to report back the Massa.

By his own actions, Hagins creates a disturbing, negative presence that did not exist before he met Dr. Kwesi. This is his first red flag.

:popcorn:

Peace my Beloved Sistah Fine and glad to see you still around! It's been a while :)

Not that I disagree with what you're saying, but your aforementioned 'research' doesn't tie in Hagin's roots in New Jersey, nor does it bring up his testimony where he was confronted by "Horus" and did his work which led to his path toward 'consciousness.' Unlike a decade ago (geez i'm old!!! :10900:), i'm far more unbiased and all for deep-dive investigations into people and things - furthermore i'm less aligned with people, so if it's true he has a sketchy past that will come to light (as brought up in a previous post), that's fine and well. Meanwhile, i'd hope exposing Hagins at least credits his own narrative of who he is and where he came from, and the work he's done to building WBLR.

Full disclosure - i'm more familiar with Dr. Hagins than I am Dr. Kwesi. I have my own suspicions of both men (the former is one reason we even have this thread I created a long time ago); I know enough about both of them to definitely not take a side, although I can rightly agree Fine that Hagins didn't help himself in issuing that statement to the Fam. Then again, I think I felt that way shortly after he even released it and before all the reaction came. Again this doesn't mean I will align with Kwesi because he's got his problems as well. I do agree with you though - this was somewhat of a red flag looking back on it.

Anyhow good to hear from you Sistah!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back