Black People : Problems Between Pastor Ray Hagins and Ashra Kwesi

Hurting people hurt people

I totally agree with Brownhornet, Hagans went to far in telling people not to support Ashra Kwesi anymore. He is doing the same thing that Ashra has done. Also, black people don't need leaders, they need workers and this situation taking place between Kwesi and Hagans further proves that. Black people as a whole need not to be puting their faith in individuals to get them over to the promised land, we see what good that has done us. Kwesi and Hagans are not perfect and they should not be representing how thousands of black people should go about doing things in an effort to see the promised land.

I have met Kwesi in person, he and his wife. I have talked over the phone with Kwesi and his wife on several different occasions. Kwesi and I discussed his videos and how people make copies of his videos without his permission, even when he as stated in his videos for people to not do that. I have even loaned a few friends some of the videos I had of Kwesi's lectures and my friends have told me that they are going to copy my video. Right away I have told them no, that they could not do that. I have had one good friend argue with me and tell me that I was doing to much, that he didn't see no harm in copying the video. After a good debate with him, he finally understood why he could not and should not copy the video, and he left it alone with trying to convince me to allow him to copy my Kwesi Lectures.

I can't tell you how many of Kwesi videos and DVD's are being sold at your local flee market, and they are copies, not the ones sold by Kwesi and his wife. In my opinion, they should make money for what they have dedicated their lives to.

I have seen Kwesi in person twice, one time I saw him, his hair was brown with some slight silver. The next time I saw him, about 5 years later, his hair was full blown silver and he just really looked tired and stressed out. I am not making up any excuses for Kwesi but I think he should have the right to say how his videos can be used. I don't think he had the right to tell Hagans that he could not make a video but what he said to Hagans could have been some kind of messed up after thought based on his stress...

Hagans and Kwesi are both men so neither of them want to appear as Kissing arse. What Hagans should have did 9 years ago, was go and see Kwesi in person to hash things out. Instead, he totally forget about it and let things go because his pride would not allow him to go to Kwesi particualrly after Kwesi wrongfully accused him of disrespecting his wife and then told him that he didn't have his permission to film. Kwesi knows that he was wrong as well, but his pride won't let him admit to that either....

This is why the black community don't need leaders, they need workers for a common cause.

Kwesi and Hagans are not perfect and from the looks of it, neither one of them knows what it means to lead large masses of people.

Astrologer4U

Thanks for the insite A4U..

It looks like Tyler Perry aint the only one gettin bootlegged. And if that is the case, then that may have been a factor in Kwesi's actions. He may also feel threatened by Hagans.

I agree totally that we don't need leaders. We need a mass movement for a common cause. I respect Kwesi & Hagans work. It they have beef with Each Other... then that is between them. Why would I (or any other conscious person) let that destroy me?

You can't put that much faith into one person. We are still looking for a "Messiah".

Like Fine said, there is enough room for both. Take their info for what it is worth... and know THYSELF

Thanks for the insite A4U..

It looks like Tyler Perry aint the only one gettin bootlegged. And if that is the case, then that may have been a factor in Kwesi's actions. He may also feel threatened by Hagans.

Exactly, I agree, I think although he wanted to embrace Hagans, he did feel threatened by him as well. It an't easy preaching and practicing unity, when one is also a victim of disunity. With Hagans and Kwesi being victims to disunity, although they are promoting unity, I think they tend to forget that they are still victims, of disunity. We as a people haven't even seen the promised land, so you know we haven't gotten there yet.

I agree totally that we don't need leaders. We need a mass movement for a common cause. I respect Kwesi & Hagans work. It they have beef with Each Other... then that is between them. Why would I (or any other conscious person) let that destroy me?

I don't know much about Hagans but I checked him out on Youtube and I dig what he is about. However, I ain't feeling him thinking that he has the authority over masses of black people to tell them to not support another brotha. It is clear that Hagans and Kwesi are not perfect entity's, however, they are working towards a perfect cause. I hope someday they can put all this video nonsense to the side.

I am just curious, Do you know if Hagans had been making his own videos prior to the Kemet trip he went on with Kwesi?

You can't put that much faith into one person. We are still looking for a "Messiah".

Like Fine said, there is enough room for both. Take their info for what it is worth... and know THYSELF

Right on...

Astrologer4U

I am just curious, Do you know if Hagans had been making his own videos prior to the Kemet trip he went on with Kwesi?

That is a good and relevant Question!! To tell the troof, I don't know.

I have been familiar with Ray Hagins for about 4 years now. I'm not sure when he got started as far as making videos. So.... if that was his first video, and that PUT HIM ON THE MAP (so to speak), then I can see where Kwesi could feel that Hagins used his venue to now move in on his territory (bread and butter).

Hagins has a tour of Egypt now also. And he is better known by some than Kwesi.

Maybe Dat Got sumthin to do wit it!

That is a good and relevant Question!! To tell the troof, I don't know.

I have been familiar with Ray Hagins for about 4 years now. I'm not sure when he got started as far as making videos. So.... if that was his first video, and that PUT HIM ON THE MAP (so to speak), then I can see where Kwesi could feel that Hagins used his venue to now move in on his territory (bread and butter).

Hagins has a tour of Egypt now also. And he is better known by some than Kwesi.

Maybe Dat Got sumthin to do wit it!

That's exactly what I was thinking...

Astrologer4U

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back