Problem

Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by DeeDee87, Nov 25, 2004.

1. DeeDee87

DeeDee87 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not a open person so it's hard for me to show my feelings. I been through a lot when I was little so I push people away not wanting to get hurt. I realize I mess up a good friendship and I want to know how can I win his friendship back? I am not a open person so for me just to tell him how I feel is not one of the answers. I want to do something special because he is really a good person and the first person I ever let read my poems to. Because of him I am a better person. I need y'all advice how I can win his friendship back.

Another problems is I like this boy, but I don't think he know that. We are having open mic at our school and I was going to invite him to read a poem to him. Y'all think that is a good idea? I am scared of rejection so I just can't come out and say it. What should I do?

2. gempis

gempis Well-Known Member MEMBER

strength coach
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hey, I understand where you're comin from. If you can't tell him how you feel right now, how about saying you're sorry for the way you acted, and then inviting him to the open mic. I bet he'd go if you asked. :bball:

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Hello Sister DeeDee ... can you simply apologize for whatever it was that you did?

After apologizing, and he accepts it, can you then quickly, casually, invite him to the open mic session?

Hmmm .. let it go something like this ...

"Hi 'Friend' ... i just wanted to let you know that i'm sorry for the way i acted, what i did. I value our friendship and i don't want anything to ruin it. Will you please forgive me?"

Okay ... you wait for the response.

If they say Yes, i forgive you ... (which i'm betting they will)

You then say ...

"Oh Boy! Great! Thank You! :) Would you like to attend an open mic session with me on Friday evening? It's at my school?"

Now he's already accepted your apology and everything is kewl with yall again. So if he says No, he can't make it ... that's okay ... just be real kewl about it ... perhaps he has other plans, and really can't make it. If he says No, just say ...

"Okay, that's fine, maybe you can join me another time ... and thanks again for accepting my apology." (Insert a big ol' warm smile at this point).

Now ... in regard to you having feelings for him, ease back off of that for the moment. The friendship has obviously been injured (due to whatever you are apologizing for), so give it time to build itself back up. Be his friend for now, and if there is more in the future for the two of you, it will manifest itself.

*sigh*

for someone who aint in a relationship, i sure give great advice! :wink:

:heart:

Destee

4. DeeDee87

DeeDee87 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your advice Destee, I am going to try that. I am nerves at the same time can't wait to see him. When he see me again want him to be proud of me. I want him to be glad to see me again. That's why I am battling within trying to figure out should I go through with it and if I do I will take your advice.

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I agree with Destee sister DeeDee. Speaking as a male, if I was in the position you are describing...I would prefer a simple apology! That was there are no misunderstandings, and you two can go from there!

6. krazelyricks

krazelyricks Well-Known Member MEMBER

student
    Ratings:
    +12
    I was thinking that since you write poetry as you say, just write the poem and give it to him to his face. That way, he will know that it was especially for him. It's clear as you said, that you are not an open person that's why i suggest that you tell him not to open it in front of you. Put all of your feelings in it. Write EVERYTHING, everything that you have kept balled up and let him know what you feel. If he feels the same way then he will surely confront you about it now that he knows how you feel whether it is a negative or positive response. I'm betting that it will be a positive response because he will know how much time and thought that you put in JUST FOR HIM. I don't know if you will do good with reading in front of people if you are not open. You have to be VERY open to do that Dee. That's why I suggest that you make this private, between you and him because when you get up in front of all those people five times out of ten someone else will catch on to who you are writing the poem about. That's why I suggest you keep it strictly between you two.