Black Spirituality Religion : Problem With The Prophecy

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, Apr 12, 2006.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    One of the main things christians uphold as proof of the bible's divine inspiration is Jesus' prophecy about the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem. Let's look at this so-called prophexy.

It's pretty simple. The temple was destroyed by the Romans in 70 CE. How in the world could Jesus have known that? Only God could have known that so the bible must be true/ Not so fast.

The most conservative estimates cannot date the Gospels eartlier than 80 CE--ten years later!

How can you write about something that has already happened and call it a prophecy?

2. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    I really don't understand your question, but the gospels were written about 35 to 40 years after the death of christ.

3. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Do you have evidence to substantiate your assertion?

4. uplift19

uplift19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
  5. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
  6. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    They're not reasoning correctly here. If I were trying to pretend I was writing about something I had seen I wouldn't mention something that I could not have seen. The Gospels were written no earlier than 80 CE. Whoever wrote them would not have given themselves away by writing about their own contemporary events.

7. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    Nothing except what's on the 'net. A 'google' search of "when were the gospels written" turns up all kinds of articles, some read better than others.

8. uplift19

uplift19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    Yeah, but isn't it circumstantial to say for a surety the gospels were written in 80AD? I've always heard that it was at least 40 but up to hundreds of years after his death that they were written, so anything's possible.

As far as I'm concerned, the fact is that Jesus 2,000 yrs ago didn't write any of it, so who cares.

9. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    Jesus did not exist during the Roman Empire he existed during the Babylonian Empire.
    The Jerusalem Temple that was destroyed in 70AC is the Jerusalem Temple that was a mimic or hoax created by Heathens or converts in furthering the perception that they are the original people of the Old Testament.

The only Temple of GOD and built by the original people of the Old Testament that was destroyed by heathens is the one that was started by King David and completed by Solomon. This Temple was destroyed by Babylon mainly Nebuchadnezzar. Read about it in 2Kgs 24-25. This occurred around 526BC.

10. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I did not say they were written in 80. I said they weren't written any earlier than 80. Nobody can say for sure when they were written since the original manuscripts no longer exists.

Instead of going back and forth with claims as Slowly and I are doing someone could show me some literature from an earlier period that mentions the Gospels. Problem is outside of the bible and the other gospels that were circulating there is not even any mention of Jesus in writings dating earlier than 100.