destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Challenging Assumptions

so i don't want to assume in thinking we "see" the same problems so i wantedto get a base foundation of where brother Excel was coming from based on my perspective

because i'm trying to solve problems too. so i ask questions of Mr. excel

to see if we are trying to solve the same thing

so i had some base questions not a big deal

i'm not trying to put him on the spot by asking questions

if someone makes a post why should there not be a need for questions

we are all learning here i know i am

Brother DSS ... haven't you and Brother Excel10K already had a heated public exchange? One that you felt compelled to apologize for? I really don't remember if Brother Excel10K was a part of that or not, but if so, why continue to engage him ... especially with the evidence before you ... of how it might possibly end up.

I don't know ... i'm feeling a bit protective of Brother Excel10K right about now ... because he's done nothing wrong, and it seems everyone is jumping on him, challenging him, making him the target ... and i tend to gravitate toward the underdog ... every time.

But if i've got it all wrong, if he was not the Member you were fussing with before, if you sincerely want to bridge the gap between the two of you, correct assumptions, etc. ... please ... forgive me and carry on.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

i think you don't give any credit to anyone

Brother DSS ... haven't you and Brother Excel10K already had a heated public exchange? One that you felt compelled to apologize for? I really don't remember if Brother Excel10K was a part of that or not, but if so, why continue to engage him ... especially with the evidence before you ... of how it might possibly end up.

I don't know ... i'm feeling a bit protective of Brother Excel10K right about now ... because he's done nothing wrong, and it seems everyone is jumping on him, challenging him, making him the target ... and i tend to gravitate toward the underdog ... every time.

But if i've got it all wrong, if he was not the Member you were fussing with before, if you sincerely want to bridge the gap between the two of you, correct assumptions, etc. ... please ... forgive me and carry on.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

i'm at peace with Mr. excel our last exchange shows that i just have questions

we've (excel and i) already passed that there is no gap in the bridge
only maybe philosophy. he is a man with a view i'm asking questions

Mr. Excel is no underdog Destee
he has said so himself ok Destee relax at least relax on me and allow the man to answer some simple questions yes or no

i want to fix what ails Black People and if i can join forces in something
i feel worth while i'm ready to put up

i trying to find if Mr. Excel has such a force i'm interested in

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

i would be a little more selective as to who you feel is the under dog.
XL's premise is that black people have a character defect. he states that repeatedly.
that is why he gets replys. a lot of us here raise to the defense of black people.

if you are going to step in i would think the fair thing to do is to understand what the situation actually is.

this cat puts down black people.

my line of questioning is too see if i can build i'm trying to build yet you claim i'm giving him a hard when i'm NOT

you say dislike, i told Mr. excel i love him as a brother don't make me quote myself i have nothing against Mr. excel.

THIS IS WHAT I'VE EXPRESSED TO MR. EXCEL

you can't have it both ways you can't have someone posting making claims
and then we get reprimanded for asking that poster for proof of those claims

if someone writes something and we respond to what they wrote (which wasn't building, encouraging, or uplifting) but the same old beat down on black people rhetoric and we come to the defense of black people to say Black People we a proud people
why are we at fault?

Brother DSS ... what claim did Brother Excel10K make in his opening post, that you take issue with?

You are not the only one asking Brother Excel10K to bring substantive material to the table ... other Members have asked him the same ... while taking his topics off center, attacking him personally, accusing him of being disruptive, focusing on one or two lines or personal revelations he's shared, giving juvenile responses, etc.

Now you are saying, it seems, that in order to build with another Brother, you have to know you all are on the same page. That's foolishness Brother DSS. None of us are on the same exact page. None of us have the same experiences. That is the challenge before us, to work together despite our differences!

The fact that we are all here together, building together, is evidence enough that we have SOMETHING in common ... enough to build on ... share ... grow ... respect each other's positions and life choices ... all of this ... while moving our people forward ... as best we can ... TOGETHER.

Your questions were asking him about his personal positions on a multitude of other things ... and no matter the answers to those questions ... be they yes or no, up or down, in or out ... we are still left with the challenge of working together.

Based on that logic ... in my humble opinion ... it makes them moot, for no matter the answers, we must move forward, together.

So why spend time on the things that really make no difference?

What can we build together ... right here and right now ?

With you being you, believing as you do ... him being him, believing as he does ... and me being me, believing as i do?

What can we do with that?

Love You!

Destee

hey why are you cheering?

Destee,
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Excellent points, Destee, simply excellent!

you brought frankenstein here

hahahahahahahhhahahahahahahaha

just having fun on behalf of Mr. Excel

listen i told the brother i love him
http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=557583&postcount=385

i included "malignant condition" because of what the brother
was typing of which i was NOT the only that took offense to what he typed

but the fact remains i love Black People Mr. Excel is Black

therefore I love him as a Black Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back