Science and Technology : pro tools vrs sonar?

FiveAlive said:
James, it's not true that if you had a G5 this convo would be unnecessary, your question would still remain--what program to use with the computer. I was also getting at the question of whether you're using a PC or a Mac. I've never used music apps on a PC, so again, I'll defer to Manasiac on opinions of what works best on a PC.
i was thinking that if i had MAC money i would probably be laying on a beach somewhere sucking on a drink. (not Aruba, though)

i use akai mpc, reason, sound forge, fruity loops, and pro tools m-box.

i would suggest the m-box from digi james. it is a cheeper version of pro tools 01/02 sytems (starting at $1300) Mbox is about $450 comes with hardware and protools le software. and some great plug ins.

Mansiac the mpc not only a sampler, its a sequencer,drum machine and sythesizer. there are no sounds in it but you can sample anything, and freak it so it sounds totally different. you can cut an entire album on an mpc, off of pure samples. or you can use it in unison with key boards, software ect.

james if you use reason, f-loops, sound forge , or cubase id suggest a midi keyboard. the oxygen series are good.

for final mix down pro tools is the way to go.

i have some free samples of these programs if you want to try them. not sure how long it would take to down load in an e mail.
check www.musiciansfriend.com

peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back