Black Relationships : Pro-black & Interracial relationship... do they mix?

The only person that seem....seem..., to fit that profile was john brown.
:toast:(for knowing John Brown)

No, you have others...

I have to admit, not many blacks kno who John Brown is. I've asked both white and black....that is the school system for ya.

Peace!

if_this_world_were_mine_male.jpg
if_this_world_were_mine_female.jpg

These are just two of the black paintings I have. They are hung above the couch on each side. I view it as both of us working together to raise our kinds and pass along our perspective knowledge, me to my son, and her's to our daughter. I know Yt feels uneasy when they come into my house...but that's life. Look how much time we spend looking at things that don't represent us.

Peace!

I have been meaning to respond to you all day. I believe we are of course culprits in the disarray of our communities, it would be easy to lay all the blame on white supremacy , but we are the ones who choose to let certain behaviors remain unchecked in our community.

I think first and foremost we need to check every negative things that are said or implied to our youth...especially the negative things regarding or SSA physicality i.e. skin shade, hair texture etc. We need to be very proactive in telling them about the social conditioning that they are constantly bombarded with no matter how harmless people try to convince you it is, all of these micro aggressions are part of a cumulative cycle of programming and propaganda.

We need to bring shame back as well....make sure you limit the serial baby mama and daddies in world, that crap is not cute and we need to start turning the tide on that tsunami. We need to stress to our children that the best thing is getting themselves situated first, then find a committed partner to make a life with not some person for whom reproduction is a game or no more important than chewing gum. We have to return to family values and decency.

Yes, I agree with this wholeheartedly.

I have been meaning to respond to you all day. I believe we are of course culprits in the disarray of our communities, it would be easy to lay all the blame on white supremacy , but we are the ones who choose to let certain behaviors remain unchecked in our community.

I think first and foremost we need to check every negative things that are said or implied to our youth...especially the negative things regarding or SSA physicality i.e. skin shade, hair texture etc. We need to be very proactive in telling them about the social conditioning that they are constantly bombarded with no matter how harmless people try to convince you it is, all of these micro aggressions are part of a cumulative cycle of programming and propaganda.

We need to bring shame back as well....make sure you limit the serial baby mama and daddies in world, that crap is not cute and we need to start turning the tide on that tsunami. We need to stress to our children that the best thing is getting themselves situated first, then find a committed partner to make a life with not some person for whom
reproduction is a game or no more important than chewing gum. We have to return to family values and decency.
I couldn't agree more with on your response especially the bolded portion. I am sure it would have eliminated much of this madness in our community. Sagging pants, numerous baby daddys, abusive behavior, strippers...etc.

I totally agree with you. In regards to how the media has virtually deemed non mixed SSA women as person non grata to be able to portray us....we need to protest. I'm PO'd that white women's mixed daughters are whom the white casting agents are casting as Black women. It really irks me that the struggles of Marian Anderson, Cicely Tyson, Dorothy Dandridge, etc., are mostly benefiting white/ non Black women's children.

-Currently on Extant the two Black women Halle Berry and the android are white women's children. ....and so are the background ones.

-All three girls on My Wife and Kids had white mothers.

-Jasmine Guy, Persia White and Kat Graham all of whom have white mothers played a dynasty of Black Witches on the Vampire Diaries. I love all three ladies....BUT COME ON!!!!

Zendaya, Shemar, Boris, Alicia, Jidenna, Mel B aka Scary Spice, Gugu Mbatha Rawe, Paula Patton, Tinashe , Melissa Harris Perry, J Cole, Jesse Williams, Jordan Sparks, Claudia Jordan, etc, etc,

I refuse to watch Selma because it really bothers me that the iconic roles of Coretta Scott King and Rosa Parks were played by white women's daughters and the lead is married to a white woman.

Basically most Black roles are being played by non Black women's children. It's got to be the biggest joke that white supremacy is making sure that marginally talented white people's children are being foisted on us as Black Excellence.

I have no problem with mixed people being represented in the same amount they are present in our communities, but they are very, very, very much over represented in the media which is detrimental to us to have our young people be told that Black greatness is due to white or other parentage.

It's funny that black males that were calling Black women jealous haters for speaking out again our white washing in the media are now noticing that LeBrons and Shaqs are becoming rare in a sea of Stephen Curry, Kris Humphries, Blake Griffin, Yannick Noah's son and all the children of the white women they worshipped.

Yes indeed! I am a huge NBA fan and I noticed this years ago as well. Beige people everywhere. It's almost like dual AA parents is being phased out. I recall when my son and daughter went to their first school outside a military community and the came home and said, " mom I think we are the only black people in our class." The others were IR white mom and black dad. My nephew I often say, You have a black mom and a black dad yet you seem to think beauty only comes in beige. How did that happen?" He even told my sister don't tell auntie about my new fiance'. LOL That poor girl was terrified to meet me and she still is . Now they are married with a son who is going to be taught the same thing. It's sad. The actors and actresses thing is crazy too. You can't look like me for the most part and be successful.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back