Black Relationships : Pro-black & Interracial relationship... do they mix?

i am willing to accept help from most anyone........

Being proBlack to me is being #Blackfirst in actions and intent, it means that we're consistently measuring what certain actions or deeds will be positive to the community as a whole not just our own benefits. I can marry a white millionaire that does a lot to help my Black people, however I would be disingenuous to jump on a soapbox to say I'm proBlack if my intimate circle doesn't reflect that. It would also be disrespectful to not only Black people , but my non Black partner to shout do as I say not as I do.

The bottomline is, you would have zero credibility as spokesperson for Coke if you publicly drink diet 7UP.

His first wife!

By deductive reasoning, Vivian "Buster" Burey was Black, though she looked white or mixed:

In 1930, Thurgood Marshall graduated from Lincoln University, a prestigious black college in Pennsylvania. While at Lincoln, Marshall married Vivian Burey. He wanted to go to law school at the University of Maryland in Baltimore, but African Americans were not allowed. So Marshall commuted by train to all-black Howard University, an hour away in Washington D.C.. There, Marshall met a man who would change his life: law professor Charles Hamilton Houston.
http://americanradioworks.publicradio.org/features/marshall/transcript.html

More images of Vivian:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Viv...oTCN-G3tbspscCFUOhgAodiVIPrQ&biw=1024&bih=681

please explain...:10500:
Because folks see "pro-black" in varying degrees, it is important for that individual
to define what it means to them. For in this particular discussion it helps to bring
clarity as it pertains to the issue of being in an ir and being pro-black.

As for as not being pro-black yet helping black people. One example: Lets take
actor commedian, tommy davidson. He was adopted by a white woman. In
an interview his mother said she made sure tommy knew his history and of
the challenges he some day have to face as a black male. She ain't pro-black.

Another example: White abolitionist. They weren't pro-black, though they
did not dig the enslavement of black people, and many [abolitionist] did
not necessarily endorse integration or ir.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back