Black Relationships : Pro-black & Interracial relationship... do they mix?

panafrica said:
My goal is a self-sufficient black community, where blacks are their primary employers, educators, and providers. Where all basic needs can be provided within the black community by black people. Where all resources are for the benefit of black people. My goal is for the black race to not just continue, but to grow & prosper. My goal is to eliminate the effect of white supremacy on the black community. My goal is for every child in this community to have a mother and father in their home...and for both of them to be black. My goal is for every country in the world to have a strong, culturally sound black community (similar to orthodox Jewish communities); and for a United Africa (politically stable, using its resources for the benefit of Africa, and with its ties to Europe & the West severed) to be the center of blacks worldwide....those are my goals!
i share those goals.
so within that context how does telling me i am not "pro black" advanced the agenda?

jamesfrmphilly said:
i share those goals.
so within that context how does telling me i am not "pro black" advanced the agenda?

IR relationships are not a pro-Black act but someone can be otherwise pro-Black (just like a Black couple isn't necessarily pro-Black)

"i agree, however i did not realize that we had different goals and objectives.
my goal is the unification and uplifting of black people.
what is yours?"

Will your White grandchildren share these goals? If not, who will continue carrying them out? There needs to be Black people to untie and uplift in the first place
"true, but the fact is that most black people in America are with other black people.
so what becomes of your point?
why argue about what very few people do?

all you do is polarize and separate black people.
you do the devils work for him."

That's like saying you don't have to do something because somebody else will take care of it but what if EVERYone or most people had that attitude, even if realistically that attitude will always be the minority? The 'devil' who wants to polarize and seperate Black people may very well have had some Black ancestors who felt someone else will have all Black children or their White descendents would carry on their mission if they married IR. Now he/she can undo everything they've (their minority Black ancestors) done. Just playing 'devils' advocate even though I would never go IR and do not think that is a pro-Black act personally.

jamesfrmphilly said:
i share those goals.

You can not truly share these goals if you are in bed with the people who would give their dying breath to deny them. Working towards a self-sufficient Black community means that the white owned grocery store will replaced with a black one....that the Korean owned beauty store will become a Black owned beauty store....that the Indian owned gas station will have Black owners....that the Arabic owned retail store will now be Black. What do you think the reaction of these people will be when the black community is no longer fair game for them to exploit? They will fight it! And those black people who are in bed with them, will more than likely support their "better halves" (the father/mother of their children) like most people in this situation would do! When it boils down to it, that is where your true loyalty lies.

panafrica said:
You can not truly share these goals if you are in bed with the people who would give their dying breath to deny them. Working towards a self-sufficient Black community means that the white owned grocery store will replaced with a black one....that the Korean owned beauty store will become a Black owned beauty store....that the Indian owned gas station will have Black owners....that the Arabic owned retail store will now be Black. What do you think the reaction of these people will be when the black community is no longer fair game for them to exploit? They will fight it! And those black people who are in bed with them, will more than likely support their "better halves" (the father/mother of their children) like most people in this situation would do! When it boils down to it, that is where your true loyalty lies.

If a black man owned a beauty shop or restaurant in a black community but had a non-black wife, I would support him because he is a black entrepreneur. So I could understand him 'fighting' because he wouldn't want to give up his business! Other economical situations with non-blacks profitting I would prefer not to see because blacks should take advantage of those opportunities.

In fact, for one of my school projects I did an interview with a Korean woman whose husband (black) tried to start a business selling parlor games... one of his goals if his busines grew was to provide employment opportunities in the black community, especially to black men. He also wanted to help let them know the 'secret' to hopefully starting a business themselves... unfortunately he was never able to do that because he got killed, but his story is still admirable. And as far as I know his daughter identifies solely as black... she is too young to marry and have kids with anybody as of yet, but since she identifies as solely black, she has as much chance of marrying a black man as those with full-black parents. She acts no differently than any other black person.

There are also blacks in IR or those that don't agree with your premise pro black = marrying a black spouse that support these ideals despite it going against the demographic of their spouse.

Anyway... people are free to take whatever definition they want of pro-black, but they are not free to insinuate others that disagree with them are anti-black or tommish, because this is the direction the 'majority' opinion seems to be taking. There is a difference in saying this is how I feel versus saying all those that don't hold this opinion are not pro-black, which translates to anti-black, tom, etc.

panafrica said:
You can not truly share these goals if you are in bed with the people who would give their dying breath to deny them..
how do you know what other people are thinking?
you seem to have this ability to see into the hearts of people who you have never met. how do you do that?
how do you know who will give their dieing breathe for what?

you are in no position to tell other people what they truly believe. no one is.

i judge people by their actions.
i have seen enough negativity out of "pro black" negroes to realize that the main problem we face right now is getting ourselves together.
we need to purge the negativity from our own hearts and then move forward together.

IR Unions are a tiny percent of all black couples.
why are we even talking about it?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back