Black Relationships : Pro-black & Interracial relationship... do they mix?

weinfeld....to be BLUNT with you, I AM NOT FEELING INTERRACIAL MARRIAGES,MEANING BLACK & WHITE...nevertheless,I RESPECT ALL WHO RESPECT ME,because at the end of the day,people are people,& everybody has to{or SHOULD} live their own lives based on their own decisions. As for your question,about your being "suspect" because you married a daughter of our GLOBAL oppressor , ask YOURSELF that same question. What I don't overstand about IRs{Black & White} is this--- what do the two stand to gain from each other by marriage? Even if her FAMILY LOVES THE GROUND YOU WALK ON, the SYSTEM of WHITE SUPREMACY IS STILL ALIVE & UP TO MAINTAINING IT'S STATUS QUO: Giving whites heaven & giving Blacks hell. MY SOUL WOULD NEVER ALLOW IT{marrying a Caucasian};where I'm from SPIRITUALLY,it's against NATURAL LAW.

& as we go on,can somebody PLEASE tell me what the hell is IMHO & IMO?

You fall in love with who you fall in love with. Race really shouldn't be a factor when it comes down to who you want to marry. For all you know, you're giving up on a potential soul mate based on the color of their skin. Maybe that isn't the popular thing to say, but rejecting someone because of their skin color is wrong. Everyone should get a fair shake.

Black Americans come at the idea of interracial relationships with differing shades on... we have a history of neglect by others and ourselves... You should try to be with the person you love.
But, I do think that some people look for love from Whites (and I am not just talking Blacks here) because they think that it is better--not for love...you can call those kinds of people whatever you want--they live in a bubble, and don't deserve respect.
No, if you are black and love someone of another race or ethnicity, esp. White, if you are secure in who you are; know where you came from; and give love to your community it should not have any kind of undue effects on your psyche... and on the other hand, I ask you, seriously, What kind of a Black person would marry, date, or sleep with a White person who hates Black people, i.e., you?
I think too, our feeling about this type of relationship too, bothers many Black Americans because sometimes the offspring of these kinds of bonds are so messed up and are racist against Black people too--hell they have a whole racist grouping of them on the internet--and cannot phatom why racism is an Looksism thing--they blame Black people because they are not seen as white; they hate the skin that they live in...so what can you say? You tell them then call yourself white! But, then they try and Whites think they are crazy and Blacks too--so it is the fault of Blacks???
I personally don't care, and am an advocate of them not being put into our catagory--they are a disease...we are trying to heal ourselves from all the hate that has been used to get us down for centuries... THAT IS SOME OF THEM, I AM NOT TALKING ALL...
THEY ARE AN INFESTATION THAT SHOULD BE PART OF THE WHITE COMMUNITY.
My father and mother both have other parts.... we so mixed, we are mixed up--but proud Black people.

Well....That is a good question. Everyone is different. We get into problems when we try to catorgorize people based on a few superficial observations. Having been there, done that and wrestled with it, I know how confusing it can be. But...for the record....the confusion comes from what OTHERS think/say about you rather than a conflict within onesself. My girlfriend was white and I was still pro-black and she was right on board with me....but...OTHER PEOPLE SAW IT AS A CONFLICT OF INTEREST. So...we had problems. I knew who I was ...was/am more educated and wise about racial matters than most (especially in college when i dated her). Yet, the fact that I dated a white women lost me respect of black people right from the jump. My messages from within were muted by the outward appearances. This has to do with our own racism/prejudices not theirs. So...it appears that unless you have gained some measure of respect from other reasons (sports/entertainment etc.) like Harry Belafonte, that what you have to say about the plight of black people in america will be judged first... on who you are with ...not what you are doing or have to say. So..to answer the question: Yes! one can be married to a white person and be pro black..BUT society (mostly black people) won't let them be! So...like me... many of us deny relationships with whites (even though my soul mate is black) because our cause means more to us...and it is sad that we have to make a choice, but this is where we are as a people. We still have a lot of growing to do!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back