Black Relationships : Pro-black & Interracial relationship... do they mix?

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
I maintain my respect for Thurgood Marshall. Been loving him to long to stop now.

Can somebody tell me what did Harry Belafonte do during the CRM? I know he used his voice as a celebrity, gave huge donations, and was in the company of MLK and others.

Always open to learning.

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
I have IR marriages in my family. What I see is that the Blackness is watered down. Both person are neutralized. In this case the black male has no Black only views. It's strange to observe. This same person use to express his Blackness. Now he promotes this everybody's equal pov like we didn't know him before he married white.

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
I maintain my respect for Thurgood Marshall. Been loving him to long to stop now.

Can somebody tell me what did Harry Belafonte do during the CRM? I know he used his voice as a celebrity, gave huge donations, and was in the company of MLK and others.

Always open to learning.
He was blacklisted because he chose to follow king, and during that time; he used his money to help the movement. He used his money, contacts, and influence to bail out protesters that were arrested. He paid for the Freedom Rides, and much more.

http://www.biography.com/people/harry-belafonte-12103211#first-successes-

Peace!

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
I have read the short version of Belafonte's history. Staying on topic, in my opinion, Belafonte inclusion in the CRM represents that of a upper middle class+ celebrity Black man in a IR marriage.

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009
Okay. I stand corrected.
Should've made it clear I was quoting,
(rather paraphrasing), spike lee's x.

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/MovieSpeeches/moviespeechmalcolmxpressconference.html
Here we go. I may have been inaccurate with
where X made the following remarks, however the premise
is still that same nonetheless:

A Declaration of Independence
Malcolm X

March 12, 1964

(excerpt)

"....The Muslim Mosque, Inc., will remain wide open for ideas and financial aid from all quarters. Whites can help us, but they can’t join us. There can be no black-white unity until there is first some black unity. There can be no workers’ solidarity until there is first some racial solidarity. We cannot think of uniting with others, until after we have first united among ourselves. We cannot think of being acceptable to others until we have first proven acceptable to ourselves. One can’t unite bananas with scattered leaves.

http://teachingamericanhistory.org/library/document/a-declaration-of-independence/

Countdown to our 22nd Year ...

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
Hi Beloved! I've added Twitter and Facebook to destee.com - hoping it helps me pay closer attention to them both ... *sigh* ... we shall see ... :D ... :love:
Destee wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
MY $$RICH$$NESSSSSS!!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay:
butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love: