Black Relationships : Pro-black & Interracial relationship... do they mix?

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Deepvoice said:
Pan, anybody who is African American would say that something is fishy going on with AIDS. The Bubonic Plague that hit Europe in the 16th century has nothing on this disease. They say that it killed at least a 1/3rd of the population in Europe and some say as much as 1/2 of the population. AIDS will more than likely take more, if not all in the course of a hundred years even. They say by the year 2020 that one hundred million people will be infected if the rate of infections continue and the vast majority of this will happen in Africa....What I'm obviously saying is that being pro-black shouldn't be based upon who you decide to sleep with. I once heard someone say that Cheikh Anta Diop had a non-black wife, it might have been a biography, but was he pro-black, or a Pan-Africanist? Interracial relationships is not the biggest hinderance to the pro-black movement, but you probably already know that. I just don't like the way you're trying to paint being for black people in a "box." You're trying to dictate what is and what isn't, which is wrong.
DeepVoice:

If you study the 36 pages of this thread, you'll see that I am far from the only person who feels the most important aspect of pro-blackness is the continuation of the race (manifested in black people having black children). Just because you don't feel that interracial relationships is the "biggest" hinderance to the pro-black movement, doesn't mean that it isn't a hinderance. As I stated before, the black community doesn't have to accept anything which isn't beneficial to its prosperity, continuance, and growth. The black community is not obligated to accept people in interracial relationships. The only persons obligated to accept them is their parents!

In your last two post, tou have actually highlighted many of the dangers currently facing black people. In areas where blacks are in the majority, Africa & the Caribbean, they are facing disease (man made) and wars, which are killing millions. In areas where blacks are in the minority, they face systematic efforts to destroy their culture...disrupt their families...dwindle their numbers...and mix them with other races (usually the majority population). Even though this is well known (I'm certainly not making it up) amazingly there are black people who don't think the black community worldwide is in danger or under attack. No we'll be around forever...nothing to worry about...close your eyes black people...every thangs gonna be alright!

P.S. You are young Deepvoice so all I really have to say to you is watch and learn. Other people however have no excuse.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
panafrica said:
James you seem to think that black folks have to accept everything that comes their way (regardless of its possible negative consequences) in the name of "peace": Homosexuality...that's okay. Interracial mixing...we're all the same when the lights go off. Single Parent homes...black kids don't need no daddy! Thug/Criminal behavior....it's all good! The truth is, the black community doesn't have to accept anything which isn't beneficial to its prosperity, continuance, and growth. Indeed the black community is not obligated to accept people in Interracial relationships.
for the record while i do accept IR and homosexuality i have never accepted the thug life and i do not advocate single parent homes.

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
jamesfrmphilly said:
for the record while i do accept IR and homosexuality i have never accepted the thug life and i do not advocate single parent homes.
I know you don't brother James. However why don't you? I'd image you don't because you view thug life and single parent homes as detrimental to the black community...well some view IRs and homosexuality as detrimental too!

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
panafrica said:
I know you don't brother James. However why don't you? I'd image you don't because you view thug life and single parent homes as detrimental to the black community...well some view IRs and homosexuality as detrimental too!
where i live the overwhelming majority of black people are in black heterosexual relationships.
are you saying that 98% is not good enough?
we need to keep pushing for that 100%?
are you saying that you will not rest as long as there is one IR left in the country?

at what point is it moot for you?

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
jamesfrmphilly said:
where i live the overwhelming majority of black people are in black heterosexual relationships.
are you saying that 98% is not good enough?
we need to keep pushing for that 100%?
are you saying that you will not rest as long as there is one IR left in the country?

at what point is it moot for you?
That is where you live...I assure you that Philly doesn't represent the entire US...in fact just drive 45 minutes south on I-95 and it would be a whole different story. However do I feel it is my duty to end all IRs? No I don't, and with that question you've obviously been missing my entire point. Not just my entire point, but the entire purpose of this thread. The question is very specific: Pro-black & Interracial relationships...do they mix? The question is not: Should IRs exist? My opinion (and the opinion of many) is that blacks who are in IRs are working towards intergration, not black self-determination. The are working towards integration because they are having children who aren't black (which is about as integrated as one can possibly be). Therefore those who truly want black self-determination do not need to include them in those plans (don't try to build with those who have seperate agendas).

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: