Black Relationships : Pro-black & Interracial relationship... do they mix?

karmashines said:
... people are free to take whatever definition they want of pro-black, but they are not free to insinuate others that disagree with them are anti-black or tommish...........There is a difference in saying this is how I feel versus saying all those that don't hold this opinion are not pro-black........
that is my feeling.
i don't like other people telling me how i must think and what i must believe.
i don't care for the litmus test being applied.

feel any way you want to but please do not tell me that if i do not agree with you i there fore do not love my people.
that is just plain wrong.

i continue to wait for someone to tell me what good all this purification does for us as a group?

jamesfrmphilly said:
that is my feeling.
i don't like other people telling me how i must think and what i must believe.
i don't care for the litmus test being applied.

feel any way you want to but please do not tell me that if i do not agree with you i there fore do not love my people.
that is just plain wrong.

i continue to wait for someone to tell me what good all this purification does for us as a group?

"i continue to wait for someone to tell me what good all this purification does for us as a group?"

It doesn't matter if there are always pure Black people, it matters if there are Black people period. Nothing's stopping mixed people from having children w/ White or non-Black children and their children and so on.

jamesfrmphilly said:
i judge people by their actions.i have seen enough negativity out of "pro black" negroes to realize that the main problem we face right now is getting ourselves together. we need to purge the negativity from our own hearts and then move forward together. IR Unions are a tiny percent of all black couples. why are we even talking about it?

I also judge people by their actions. That being said....I hate to break this to you, but who a person decides to have children with is part of their actions (quite a significant part)! Marriage is not simply an agreement between two people. It is the joining of two families...it is the joining of two communities (if the husband and bride are from different communities). The benefits of this union go to both parties (both communities). The compromises and agreements made in this union go to both parties (both communities). What happens when these two communities have opposite goals? The results can be chaotic! Maybe not for the parties of the union/marriage, but they can be for the communities which have opposite goals.

Many people who recognize these contradictions reject it....and they have reason to! Indeed, brother James you seem to think that black folks have to accept everything that comes their way (regardless of its possible negative consequences) in the name of "peace": Homosexuality...that's okay. Interracial mixing...we're all the same when the lights go off. Single Parent homes...black kids don't need no daddy! Thug/Criminal behavior....it's all good! The truth is, the black community doesn't have to accept anything which isn't beneficial to its prosperity, continuance, and growth. Indeed the black community is not obligated to accept people in Interracial relationships. The only persons obligated to accept them is their parents (and in many cases the parents don't either)!

panafrica said:
I also judge people by their actions. That being said....I hate to break this to you, but who a person decides to have children with is part of their actions (quite a significant part)! Marriage is not simply an agreement between two people. It is the joining of two families...it is the joining of two communities (if the husband and bride are from different communities). The benefits of this union go to both parties (both communities). The compromises and agreements made in this union go to both parties (both communities). What happens when these two communities have opposite goals? The results can be chaotic! Maybe not for the parties of the union/marriage, but they can be for the communities which have opposite goals.

Many people who recognize these contradictions reject it....and they have reason to! Indeed, brother James you seem to think that black folks have to accept everything that comes their way (regardless of its possible negative consequences) in the name of "peace": Homosexuality...that's okay. Interracial mixing...we're all the same when the lights go off. Single Parent homes...black kids don't need no daddy! Thug/Criminal behavior....it's all good! The truth is, the black community doesn't have to accept anything which isn't beneficial to its prosperity, continuance, and growth. Indeed the black community is not obligated to accept people in Interracial relationships. The only persons obligated to accept them is their parents (and in many cases the parents don't either)!

If these black people are doing things that are going to help the black community succeed, then they are obligated to accept them. I am especially talking about those encourage financial independence in the black community (which are not pro-civil rights acts). IR and homosexuality is an individual choice, just like religion or political affiliation. You can accept a person without agreeing with their lifestyle, which nobody says you must agree with, but at the same time the person should not be dissed automatically if they are doing everything else.

For example, I don't agree with Christianity or Islam, but if a black Christian or a black Muslim do things that help the black community, (which I have seen with my own eyes especially in the case of the former since I attended black Christian churches growing up), I respect their personage and accomplishments, while not accepting their individual religion philosophies.

And thug culture does nothing to help anyone, though a distinction should be made between someone that is 'hip-hop' versus someone who is a thug. If a person who is 'hip-hop' (adhering to the style and mannerisms of that subculture), does things to uplift the black community, he should be accepted. Kayne West, one of the few black celebrities who actually had enough balls to tell the truth of Bush's response to Katrina, is an example.

Looking at the the Australian Aborigines, Native Americans, and current day Africans, I would said that interracial relationships are by far not the greatest detriment to our people. This right here just shows how "touched" we are by the Caucasian community, we are giving so much focus on outer appearances that it is sickening.

I wonder if Melvin Van Peebles would be counted on the list of pro-black? This ridiculous and I think by Caucasians being the originator of this messed it just shows who's brand we are really buying. When "white" people have disagreement about things it is more about the things that are not tangible, you know? Things that speak more about character.

A good example besides from Jews would be Polish people, whom are said to have worshipped a black Madonna. They even say that Polish people(largest community of Polish exists in Chicago) have a lot of black blood in them because of this oddity that they possess. So basically they have made Polish people a part of their lower castes because their beliefs are contradictory to White Supremacy ideas.

Point is that, when Caucasians disagree with each other it for far more important reasons. How come we can't look at character?

When we stop being in a responsive mode to that of "white" people then we will finally have some kind of uniqueness about ourselves. In a car commerical it was said, "imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery." Do we really want to do that?

AIDS is more likely to kill the dark-skinned nations of the world than is interracial dating.

I

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back