Black Relationships : Pro-black & Interracial relationship... do they mix?

Black Phoenix

Jul 30, 2015
Please list outspoken pro Jewish activists with non Jewish partners...or any other people who get up on soapboxes to speak on the greatness of their people but has an "other" as a partner. When someone marries one of those cats that is not Jewish, they always convert. So in your eyes these "hypocrites" have done nothing towards the progression or upliftment of our people, is that what you are saying or are you arguing just to argue?
Still deflecting, I see, since you are unable to prove your point. Let me indulge you and answer your off topic obfuscation:

They always convert? Really? Gwyneth Paltrow's WASP mother didn't convert when she married Gwyneth's Jewish father or else Gwyneth would not be converting to Judaism because by rabbinical law she would automatically be Jewish if her mother had converted. Btw, Steven Spielberg is her godfather and I'm pretty sure his wife, Kate Capshaw, never converted.

For the record, Israelis lost their %$#@ in 2014 because Netanyahu's son was a dating non Jewish Norwegian woman:

Dismay in Israel as son of hard-line leader Netanyahu is revealed to be dating non-Jewish Norwegian blonde

"The son of Benjamin Netanyahu has caused outrage in Israel after it has been revealed that he is dating a Norwegian girl – who is not Jewish.

Yair Netanyahu, 23, has allegedly been seeing blonde communications student Sandra Leikanger, 25, since last summer and even visited her home country."

"The story quickly spread to the newspaper gossip pages in Israel, and resulted in a backlash from orthodox Jewish organisations in the country.

On Monday, the leader of the ultra-Orthodox Shas party said he believed the relationship actually caused Netanyahu and his wife great ‘heartache.’

Arieh Deri told a local radio station the relationship was no mere personal matter because Netanyahu is a ‘symbol of the Jewish people.’"

I know friends of mine who invest tens of millions and more, hundreds of millions to fight assimilation in the world,’ Deri told the Kol Barama station. ‘If God forbid it's true, woe to us.

Other groups called on Netanyahu to put a stop to the relationship. Even the prime minister's brother in law, Hagai Ben-Artzi, took to the airwaves to speak out against it.

Yair should know that if he does such a thing, if he doesn't break off the relationship, then ... he is spitting on the graves of his grandmother and grandfather who loved him so much and raised him,’ Ben-Artzi told Kikar Shabbat, an ultra-Orthodox news site
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2547997/Dismay-Israel-son-hard-line-leader-Netanyahu-revealed-dating-non-Jewish-Norwegian-blonde.html

The Jews don't mess around when it comes to the pro-Jewish/ Israeli stance....if we had a 1/2 of their commitment and fortitude to the advancement and supremacy of their own people we'd actually be on the same level as most of the rest of the world.

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009
Please list outspoken pro Jewish activists with non Jewish partners...or any other people who get up on soapboxes to speak on the greatness of their people but has an "other" as a partner. When someone marries one of those cats that is not Jewish, they always convert. So in your eyes these "hypocrites" have done nothing towards the progression or upliftment of our people, is that what you are saying or are you arguing just to argue?
To that degree, we have to be clear on what jewish groups we are talking about. For your, more "orthodox"
jew do not endorse marrying a "non-jew":

Rebecca Marie Johnson

Apr 21, 2015
I was talking to a friend of mine about this very issue.

Being in an interracial relationship, she wonders if showing the "other side" helps make her fit the definition of pro-black.

In my opinion, if you cannot show what is in my avatar, you are not pro-black. But you are pro enough to still be my favorite writer/marketer. And her work will continue to be profiled on my network of sites.

The reason why is because what affects the love shown in an interracial relationship tends to hurt us 1,000 times more.

Anyway, black should always come first.... and this is defined by having TWO BLACK PARENTS...

1. Skin Tone: Carmel to Dark Chocolate
2. Hair Texture: Kinky
3. Thicker Lips & Nose

Those with these features tend to be downgraded in the media.

They are also not shown as couples... Hollywood would rather make OUR love interests Hispanic.

Granted, if an interracial story shows the REAL of some of these situations, I don't necessarily mind a few of these portrayals.

But our people are foolish if they think you can integrate without someone protesting.

I hope this doesn't offend our mixed brothers and sisters... I do enjoy when there is so much pride in their black side.

But I'm talking about media portrayal right now. Any daughter of mine will never look like Halle Berry. So, maybe we need to start showing what she will look like...

Black Phoenix

Jul 30, 2015
I have to wonder however who promotes this standard more? White media or African Americans for submitting to their standard? White media promotes their standard of beauty across the board. I simply don't see it adopted as much by others than I do in my own community. How do we change that when so many AA find it to be more appealing. How do we change that mindset? I know for me when I see things promoted by either AA or white media that does not glorify me or place my blackness on a pedestel I try not to purchase their product. Sort of reminds me of the point made about that shark attack vidi. After I thought about a response I could sort of see the point to some extent of a responder. At any rate back to my thought, that is a difficult task at times because the white influence is everywhere. Their stamp of approval is on everything. But for the things I see we do have control over yet still attach that Eurocentric standard to it, I don't spend a dime on it. They do tear us down but that is because many of us don't speak up. Just tonight and incident popped off here at work. Race related. All because of a white person assuming some stuff about a AA staff member. I was so proud of the position taken by another staff member who at first glance you would not think she was AA. I tell ya it gave me chills because she let them know just how she felt even when the AA nurse did not speak up. And I was like, "If we all did an on the spot correction like that, it might just change things." Beautiful to see. I got off subject for a minute..lol..
I have been meaning to respond to you all day. I believe we are of course culprits in the disarray of our communities, it would be easy to lay all the blame on white supremacy , but we are the ones who choose to let certain behaviors remain unchecked in our community.

I think first and foremost we need to check every negative things that are said or implied to our youth...especially the negative things regarding or SSA physicality i.e. skin shade, hair texture etc. We need to be very proactive in telling them about the social conditioning that they are constantly bombarded with no matter how harmless people try to convince you it is, all of these micro aggressions are part of a cumulative cycle of programming and propaganda.

We need to bring shame back as well....make sure you limit the serial baby mama and daddies in world, that crap is not cute and we need to start turning the tide on that tsunami. We need to stress to our children that the best thing is getting themselves situated first, then find a committed partner to make a life with not some person for whom reproduction is a game or no more important than chewing gum. We have to return to family values and decency.

Black Phoenix

Jul 30, 2015
I was talking to a friend of mine about this very issue.

Being in an interracial relationship, she wonders if showing the "other side" helps make her fit the definition of pro-black.

In my opinion, if you cannot show what is in my avatar, you are not pro-black. But you are pro enough to still be my favorite writer/marketer. And her work will continue to be profiled on my network of sites.

The reason why is because what affects the love shown in an interracial relationship tends to hurt us 1,000 times more.

Anyway, black should always come first.... and this is defined by having TWO BLACK PARENTS...

1. Skin Tone: Carmel to Dark Chocolate
2. Hair Texture: Kinky
3. Thicker Lips & Nose

Those with these features tend to be downgraded in the media.

They are also not shown as couples... Hollywood would rather make OUR love interests Hispanic.

Granted, if an interracial story shows the REAL of some of these situations, I don't necessarily mind a few of these portrayals.

But our people are foolish if they think you can integrate without someone protesting.

I hope this doesn't offend our mixed brothers and sisters... I do enjoy when there is so much pride in their black side.

But I'm talking about media portrayal right now. Any daughter of mine will never look like Halle Berry. So, maybe we need to start showing what she will look like...
I totally agree with you. In regards to how the media has virtually deemed non mixed SSA women as person non grata to be able to portray us....we need to protest. I'm PO'd that white women's mixed daughters are whom the white casting agents are casting as Black women. It really irks me that the struggles of Marian Anderson, Cicely Tyson, Dorothy Dandridge, etc., are mostly benefiting white/ non Black women's children.

-Currently on Extant the two Black women Halle Berry and the android are white women's children. ....and so are the background ones.

-All three girls on My Wife and Kids had white mothers.

-Jasmine Guy, Persia White and Kat Graham all of whom have white mothers played a dynasty of Black Witches on the Vampire Diaries. I love all three ladies....BUT COME ON!!!!

Zendaya, Shemar, Boris, Alicia, Jidenna, Mel B aka Scary Spice, Gugu Mbatha Rawe, Paula Patton, Tinashe , Melissa Harris Perry, J Cole, Jesse Williams, Jordan Sparks, Claudia Jordan, etc, etc,

I refuse to watch Selma because it really bothers me that the iconic roles of Coretta Scott King and Rosa Parks were played by white women's daughters and the lead is married to a white woman.

Basically most Black roles are being played by non Black women's children. It's got to be the biggest joke that white supremacy is making sure that marginally talented white people's children are being foisted on us as Black Excellence.

I have no problem with mixed people being represented in the same amount they are present in our communities, but they are very, very, very much over represented in the media which is detrimental to us to have our young people be told that Black greatness is due to white or other parentage.

It's funny that black males that were calling Black women jealous haters for speaking out again our white washing in the media are now noticing that LeBrons and Shaqs are becoming rare in a sea of Stephen Curry, Kris Humphries, Blake Griffin, Yannick Noah's son and all the children of the white women they worshipped.

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
So Maya Angelou's first husband was Greek, does that mean she was not pro-black enough. Harry Belafonte has married several pale persons does that mean he is not pro-black. Just who comes up with these harebrained ideas?
Eventhough I understand you, the problem is in the prefix "Pro". Now if they called themselves pro-black, then they would be in error by marring someone outside of the race. But I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is the label people gave them. And if so, they are in the right. I can't preach that the black man needs to be with the black woman if I'm hooking up with every race accept black.
Now does it take away from their good deeds, of course not. One thing is totally independent of the other.

Peace!

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
Occupation
Civil Eng.
I think quite a few people are confusing Black pride with being pro Black, which to me means uplifting our people by positively showing unity by being Blackcentric in all things possible.....which means a Black man by my side.
Exactly!!! My queen is black, pride 1, and pride 2 (my kids...lol) are black, the paintings in my house are of black folks, my wallpapper is black Egyptians. My concept of beauty is the black woman...period.

Nuff said.

Peace!

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Because folks see "pro-black" in varying degrees, it is important for that individual
to define what it means to them. For in this particular discussion it helps to bring
clarity as it pertains to the issue of being in an ir and being pro-black.

As for as not being pro-black yet helping black people. One example: Lets take
actor commedian, tommy davidson. He was adopted by a white woman. In
an interview his mother said she made sure tommy knew his history and of
the challenges he some day have to face as a black male. She ain't pro-black.

Another example: White abolitionist. They weren't pro-black, though they
did not dig the enslavement of black people, and many [abolitionist] did
not necessarily endorse integration or ir.
Ok, based on this, why did they kick out the head Of the NAACP in Spokane Wa? She would have easily passed for being black. And this goes along with the question jamesfrmphilly , asked. Cam a white be pro black?

Peace!

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: