Black People : Pro-black & Interracial relationship... do they mix?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by cocobutterskyn, Jun 27, 2003.

1. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +221
    Is it possible to be involved in an interracial relationship and be pro-black... or do they contradict?

feelin' it souldeep
    Coco :heart:

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hopfeuly people who fit this description will provide us with some insight coco!!

Peace :)

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    nice topic i lone to hear what answer is posed !

4. ConspiracyDog

ConspiracyDog Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I would say that the person that is in that type of relationship would be at odds with his/her self, on one hand the assimilator and on the other pro-black, the question then becomes to who do you hold your alliance? your white mate or your own blackness. this is just my opinion lol

5. weinfeld

weinfeld Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I live in Germany and am married to a German since 1980.My being married to her doesn´t cause me to hate,or be indifferent to Black people or our "causes",and I couldn´t if i wanted to.We think that the racism and prejudice we experience is unique to American,but Africans and people of color go thru almost the exact same things we do in Germany,France,Holland,Denmark to name a few.The only difference is that for every bigot that gets loud in these countries,there is an equal number of people that will get just as loud and say"this (racism) is not the answer to our problems.

6. uzoka

uzoka Well-Known Member MEMBER

writer
    Ratings:
    +8
    My two cents...lets whites do their own thing and let us do ours.
    In regards to business, yeah sure....blacks and white can work together for the benefit of their communities and even socially, have a laugh should they click outside the realm of work but romantically, stick with your own IMO....otherwise you create for yourself a conflict of interest.

Your allegiance should always be, must always be unequivocally to your African people.

Thanks...peace and love

7. SOULDEEP3

SOULDEEP3 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    UNLESS YOU PROVE IT WRONG EVERYDAY OF YOUR LIFE, like HARRY BELAFONTE,& RICHARD PRYOR{2 Unapologetic WARRIORS of OUR STRUGGLE}have done ESPECIALLY in their PRIME....then YOU ARE DEFINITELY A LIVING CONTRADICTION in MY opinion.

8. weinfeld

weinfeld Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    To Soul deep3:
    are you implying that I´m "suspect" because I married white?? That I can´t be as "commited"??Even if I was to "turn",I´ve had plenty of opportunities to "prove" myself with idiots who tried to walk over me because of my skin color.Although I´ve always tried to live my life in a way where I wouldnt give Black people a bad name,especially brothers,I think I´ve done a good job of proving myself.Try and walk over me once,and that´s enough.Not a "tough guy",not a punk either.

On another note,there are plenty of people here in Europe interested in Black history and culture because of our music and the few films seen(Rosewood,The Color Purple etc).But I try to stay informed for ME!

9. Deepa

Deepa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Reproduction and life sharing with the people who are part of a system that was and is used to oppress our people overtly and covertly isn't Pro-Black.

Maybe Pro-Fraud or Pro-Confusion or even Pro-Mentally Ill, but not Pro-Black.

10. SayWord

SayWord Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    A girl I use to date, her mother was white. Her father is a man of a historically black Fraternity. Alpha Phi Alpha. He still fights for he cause and from my knowledge he isn' in any kind of conflict with himself. I can't say that I would or would not date a white woman. But the girl I use to date was inbetween. A part of both cultures. Would I be untrue to myself if I stayed with her.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pro black men white women destee destee.com

2. pro black men white women destee