Jails / Prisons : Prisons and the AIDS Epidemic Are Decimating Black America...

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by Aqil, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    Black Incarceration and the AIDS Epidemic Are Twin Catastrophes That Are Decimating Black America

...12% of Black men between 20 and 34 are behind bars. This - and the AIDS epidemic - are twin catastrophes that are decimating Black America. With so many Black men behind bars, there is little hope for rebuilding the Black family structure...

www.ajc.com/opinion/content/opinion/tucker/2003/061503.html

2. DreamFunk

DreamFunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    The Blackwoman is the key....until she starts respecting herself, how can the average slave-minded Blackman respect her...

...this "Western" society stucture is NOT for us....Blackwoman is strong, and for an African people to live by the male-dominate European society structure can do nothing but cause problems...we have forgoting that we come from matriarchal societies....

About prisons and AIDS...
    ...there is an obvious bias towards the imprisonment of Blacks....Blacks make up 12%-20% of the US population....I once heard that 15% of all people arrested are Black....35% of the people convited are Black...and a WHOOPING 50% of the people sent to prision are Black.....now I smell a RAT....

....and there is a HUGE amount of evidence that supports the claim the HIV was created by the US Government....Europeans have WIPPED many peoples out of existance....and they still try to continue that trend (through "racial reclassification" and "covert-ops")....

....take a look at the Andaman tribes....they are a small group of people Africaniod people that live on a small island off the coast of India....they are headed towards extrinction...

Andaman Peoples *VERY interesting and informative site (lots of pictures)*
    Hepatitis B levels high among Indian Ocean tribes

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    very good points made here

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    DF...Many Black women do have self-respect. True, there are some that don't. I agree, a person can't get what they don't have. Also, for me, the key is that in order to get respect, you must also be able to give respect. Another point I want to make here is in the form of a question. Do Black women want the respect of an "average slave-minded Blackman?"

I agree with the first part of this in terms of us being incongruent with European culture. But I don't think that we originally come from matriarchal societies as a people, do we?

5. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Hello, DF--- sisters, like Queen says, do have respect for themselves... but we too, are starting to self-destruct... it seems to me... as I mentioned to our brother Isanusu earlier in the week, Black Women have never had a "Knight in shining Armour" and that is okay-- because many other women in society are trying to get to the place we are born into...

We have to continue to move; rather or not our brothers want to join the parade - is up to him. I love him, but I too have to survive... He is not the only one who got lynched, he is not the only one who was raped of his name, humaness, and even home (where our own forefathers and foremothers were complicit)... the Black woman was/is too... the biggest difference...Black Women are stronger, not willing to sell her birthright for a few pieces of "copper'- in todays market where are you going to get silver... love sown seeds left to muster in her womb by him...

I love you, Black Man, I am still waiting at the table for you.... for now.

6. DreamFunk

DreamFunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    Many African societies were, and still are matriarchal...Some examples are:

Ancient Kemetians (Egypt)
    Ancient Nubia (Sudan)
    Ancient Libya
    Igbos of Nigeria
    Kano (Nigeria)
    Venda (South Africa)
    Asante (West Africa)
    Tuaregs (Berbers) (North/West Africa)

Trima (Northern Sri Lanka)...these are a Dravidian speaking people...

7. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Hmmmm...thank you for responding to my question DF. I'm fascinated by this information and it looks as though you know a lot about it.

I'd really like to know more about these societies and how they functioned under a matriarchal system. Could this be a suppressed memory that African American women have and a plausible reason that could explain why some function well within this type of social structure?

You should consider starting a thread on this topic in the Sister forum.

Peace :)