Jails / Prisons : PRISON OUTREACH ~ Providing services

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by $$RICH$$, Mar 22, 2007.

1. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Providing Services for Incarcerated Inmates Prison Pen Pal through Destee.com community

By corresponding with a prison pen pal, you not only make someone's day, but you may also help reduce the rate of inmate recidivism. Your "snail mail" letters to these prisoners helps increase inmate moral and promote human rights and rehabilitation. So many brothers and sisters in need of hope and a friend to share we can now provide inner power to these forgotten souls with upliftment.

HAVE A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER IN PRISON?

Often the answer is yes , many of us who are hard hit by the system of unjustice and watch our love one's / friends and people we know from the community become a sististic in the prison system , Good news is we now striking back with mental forces to uplift our forgotten one's who is currently incarcerated in a state or federal prison alike . Brothers of Destee.com family & community now setting up a program to reach out to these worthy souls by pen paling a letter of encouragement as we base a list of family / friends / political prisoner and black people we know through this outreach, with some of the great resources we have today to not only uplift many of these prisoner but as well teach , we strongly ask that our sisters join in and take part to outreach thousand of women who are in captivity beyond the walls of destruction.

Here are some of the wrongly unjust accused political prisoner who are seeking freedom and rights as a human being of mankind.

Dr. Mutulu Shakur # 83205-012
    PO Box PMB - D Unit 105
    Altanta GA 30315
    Dr. Mutulu Shakur, a lifelong activist in the New Afrikan (Black) Independence Movement and a Doctor of Acupuncture, is one of those people. Because of his dedication to the Black liberation struggle-a struggle for human rights-he is currently being held prisoner by the U.S. government at Marion, a federal prison located in Marion, Illinois. In 1987, Shakur was sentenced to 60 years imprisonment for an alleged conspiracy by the Black Liberation Army/New Afrikan Freedom Fighters against the U.S. government. Because of his political action, Dr. Shakur was marked a criminal and arrested. Since that time, there has been immeasurable and inhumane abuse inflicted upon Shakur from behind prison walls, unwitnessed by the public eye. AND STILL HE'S NOT BROKEN

Some of our political prisoners who seek freedom / hope and love !

Shaka Shakur # 28443
    DOC #76759-CCR L/F #13
    Louisiana State Penitentiary
    ASH-4
    Angola LA 70712

Hugh Williams # AF 2932
    SCI Graterford
    Box 244
    Graterford, PA 19426-0244

Albert Woodfox # 72148
    CCR Upper B Cell 13
    Angola LA 70712

Herman "Hooks" Wallace
    DOC #76759-CCR L/F #13
    ASH-4
    Angola LA 70712
    The Angola case of Woodfox and Wallace who is part of the Black Panthers movement as they form a party to help weaker black inmates from prison rape and struggle these two still seeking freedom as the government system retain them most prisoners in Angola this farm system likely will die there .

Ali Khalid Abdullah #148130
    Mound Correctional Facility
    17601 Mound Rd
    Detroit, MI 48212
    Ali Khalid Abdullah is a New Afrikan (Black) man whose political beliefs are those of an anarchist. He is the founder of the political organization Political Prisoners of War Coalition (PPWC) which he established in 1994/95 while sitting at the Charles Egeler Correctional Facility in Jackson, Michigan USAli is in prison for the charge of "Assault with Intent to Rob while Armed". He was convicted to 10 to 20 years for his involvement in trying to shut down a major drug dealer because one of the drug dealer's drug sellers sexually molested an 11-year-oold girl as payment for the drug bill owed by the girl's mother. As a result of finding this out, Ali and three of his comrades went to take people's justice out on the drug dealer and his companion by going after their phony business where volumes of drugs were distributed and large stashes of money were held and transferred. For his actions the courts felt he acted a vigilante for taking the law into his own hands - the hands of The People where is belonged- rather than allowing the state to do nothing. Since Ali has been incarcerated he has continued to fight for the people. He has continued to struggle for liberation and justice for all people. However, as a result of his political activities Ali has met much repression from prison authorities. This has raged from being constantly transferred from facility to facility, mail rejected and tampered with, property damaged by corrections officials and an attempt on his life by other prisoners. This was based on a bogus story put out by prison officials, hoping this would stop Ali's political attacks of them. Ali has been up for parole since 1996 with a recent parole hearing in February 2000 and each time they have denied him parole for unsubstantiated reasons.

Debbie Sims Africa # 006307
    SCI Cambridge Springs
    451 Fullerton Ave
    Cambridge Springs, PA 16403

Janet Holloway Africa # 006308
    SCI Cambridge Springs
    451 Fullerton Ave
    Cambridge Springs, PA 16403
    Two sisters who is politically imprison unjustify and part of the John Africa M O V E organization.

Imam Jamil Al-Amin (s/n H. Rap Brown # 1104651
    Georgia State Prison
    100 Highway 147
    Reidsville, GA 39499-9701
    Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin in the Clutches of an Unforgiving System . Revolutionary Worker #1049, April 9, 2000 Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin, a Muslim cleric and well-known activist from the 1960s, was captured by an army of FBI agents and police officials in rural Lowndes Country, Alabama on March 20. He was run down by police dogs in an Alabama meadow like a fugitive slave. Al-Amin has now been charged with killing an Atlanta sheriff's deputy and wounding another. Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard is expected to demand the death penalty. At a federal court appearance in Alabama, Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin declared that he is innocent of these charges. As he was taken out of court in leg-irons, under armed guard, he said, "It's a government conspiracy."

Herman Bell # 79C-0262
    Sullivan C.F.
    Box 116
    Riverside Drive
    Fallsburg, NY 12733-0116

Marshal Eddie Conway # 116469
    Box 534
    Jessup MD 20794
    37 Years is Too Long!
    (Quote)
    We want freedom for all black men held in federal, state, county and city prisons and jails. We believe that all black people should be released from the many jails and prisons because they have not received a fair and impartial trial.

Marshall "Eddie" Conway was arrested while he was at work at the US Post Office on April 26, 1970. Within an hour of the shooting, two suspects were arrested near the scene, both with affiliations to Baltimore's Black Panther Party.The FBI surveillance of Mr. Conway and the Black Panther Party in Baltimore had begun even before these events, and were part of Mr. Conway's FBI files, secured by him through the Freedom of Information Act. The FBI's letter to Baltimore's Postal Inspector dated 10/22/69 provided notification that Mr. Conway, a Postal employee, was a member of the Black Panther Party. An additional memo in the file was from the Baltimore FBI, dated 11/28/69, and stated that 1) the Panthers were under constant surveillance and investigation, Mr. Conway was never linked by any physical evidence to the crimes for which he was tried. There were no fingerprints, and no physical evidence linking him to either the crime scene or the weapons. Mr. Conway maintained his innocence at the trial, and continues to do so. A unjust conviction.

James "Doc" Holiday # 86555-012
    Marion USP
    PO Box 2000, Route 5
    Marion, IL 62959

Khalfani X. Khaldun # 874304
    s/n Leonard McQuay
    Wabash Valley Correctional Facility
    PO Box 1111 A2 - 201 S.H.U. A/S
    Carlisle, IN 47838

Richard Mafundi Lake # 79972
    Holman CF
    Holman 3700
    Atmore, AL 36503-3700

Jeffrey "Free" Luers #13797671
    OSP
    2605 State Street
    Salem, OR 97310

Thomas Manning # 10373-016
    United States Penitentiary - Hazelton
    Box 2000
    Bruceton Mills, West Virginia 26525

Eric McDavid
    X-2972521 4E231A
    Sacramento County Main Jail
    651 "I" Street
    Sacramento, CA 95814

Freddie Hilton (Kamau Sadiki) # 115688
    Augusta State Medical Prison, Bldg 13A-2 E7
    3001 Gordon Highway
    Grovetown, GA 30812-3809

The disproportionate representation of black's n amerikkka's criminal justice system is well documented. we comprise 13% of the national population, but 30% of people arrested, 41% of people in jail, & 49% of those in prison. 9% of all black adults are under some form of correctional supervision (jail, prison, probation or parole), compared to 2% of white's. 1 n 3 black men b/t 20 & 29 was either in jail, prison, or on parole or probation n 1995. 1 n 10 black men n their 20's & early 30's is n prison or jail.

State Black Population Black Prison Pop.

Georgia 29% 64%

Ohio 12% 52%

Iowa 2% 24%

Minnesota 3% 37%

Wisconsin 6% 48%

Illinois 15% 65%

Missouri 11% 45%

Arkansas 16% 52%

Louisiana 33% 76%

Mississippi 36% 75%

Alabama 26% 65%

Tennessee 16% 53%

Kentucky 7% 36%

Indiana 8% 42%

Michigan 14% 55%

South Carolina 30% 69%

North Carolina 22% 64%

Virginia 20% 68%

Pennsylvania 10% 56%

New York 15% 51%

Delaware 19% 63%

Maryland 28% 77%

Connecticut 9% 47%

New Jersey 13% 64%

Rhode Island 4% 30%

we r proposing to begin a dialogue about various steps & levels of involvement that those of us who r not presently incarcerated might consider as positive steps toward reducing these #'s and the devastating consequences it's having on our culture & general progress toward nationbuilding. this will b totally inclusive - open to every1 - & all positive ideas r welcome.
    We need to make a change and start by warming hope into the system that has so many of our poeple in prisons nation wide become a healer , a helping hand and voice to the brothers & sisters who are left to rotten and die in these walls of unjustice let's now save a soul through this Outreach helping hand.

Researched by:
    Brothers \\\\\\\\

Alkebulan & $$RICH$$

2. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    If you know of someone who are in this system and alonely we strongly ask that you
    provide there info to be reached family / friends whoever , blacks have over populated
    these prisons nation wide , we have to now talk and listen to our youth / preach and
    guide them , let them know hope is out there .

research inmates in your city / state and pen them with upliftment and love

3. mrron

mrron Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Brother Rich, these stats are quite alarming. I read official reports all the time on crime, and it always depresses me that it reflects so unfavorably upon the black community. Talking about the numbers and comparing them to whites and other groups doesn't help the black community solve it's problems. Why are we so concerned about rather are not whites get arrested or not? The white community is still safer than ours, at least on the surface. I really don't know what happens behind closed doors. My community is about 35% black and the other's are mostly white. I live in Delaware near Wilmington. The city is more than fifty percent black with a black mayor and police chief. The crime rate in the black community is 'off the hook". I had six breakin's of rental properties last year. I didn't call the police because I didn't want another black kid arrested. But the problem is still there. I have one grandson age 16 in jail on a gun charge. He was a straight A student, got mad because someone shot at him. Broke into a house and stole a gun to get even, he was caught running down the street with the gun in his hand, he ran right into a police officer. I have a 14 year old grandson who is a good student, but is in a program to divert him from trouble, because he is headed in that direction.

I have a son in law who has spent three terms in prison for drug dealing. I also have a son who spent time for the same reason. None of these people ever told me that they were innocent or that they should not have had to spend time in jail. They all take the blame and responsibility for their act, and have reconciled their behavior. What I am saying is that these kids need help, and the stats prove it. It proves racial desparities also. But is the solution not to arrest them after they've committed serious crimes? We need to really stop blaming the system and take a more serious look at the problem. They can arrest 100% more white men, but we will still have a serious crime problem to deal with, if we don't start handling these young black men.

4. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Brother that is everlasting true , RING DA ALARMMM!!!!
    we have to be a major role in reaching our youth today , talking yet listening
    to these kids showing them ways beyond destruction but facts is we
    have so much to blame on the system that has falsely captured thousand
    of blacks in there justice system wrongly accursed , even those who are
    and maybe guilty is still our people and need consol / love and upliftment
    and this what we will provide them in hope or maybe see a better man once
    free'd from the cell of poverty we all in a deep struggle to reach our children
    those who you speak on that is traped in the system of prison do provide
    info so we can reach out to them with maybe a better tomorrow thank u
    for sharing and enlighting the truth of reality these things we all see and
    endure from city to city , state to state of townships and world wide .

5. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Outstanding!

Brothers Alkebulan and $$Rich$$, I humbly salute you both for taking the time, compiling the stats and getting this initiative started.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Whatever I can do to contribute I'm ready and willing to commit.

PEACE

6. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Robert "Seth" Hayes is a political prisoner supported by Sumoud and members of Autonomy & Solidarity. Seth, a former member of the Black Panther Party and Black Liberation Army has been incarcerated for over 30 years.This brother suffer from lack of medical care and treated with no disreguards. He is currently being held in Wende Correctional Facility, in Alden, New York. He can be reached at the following address: Robert “Seth” Hayes #74A2280, Wende Corr. Facility P.O. Box 1187 (3622 Wende Road) Alden, New York 14004-1187, USA

Veronza Bowers, Jr. #35316-136
    FCI Medium C-1
    P.O. Box 1032
    Coleman, FL 35521-1032

7. Alkebulan

Alkebulan Well-Known Member MEMBER

slacker
    Ratings:
    +8
    brother mrron, thanx 4 ur post & airing ur views on this touchy subject. i disagree slightly w som of ur conclusions, but agree, on the whole w ur post.

"Talking about the numbers and comparing them to whites and other groups doesn't help the black community solve it's problems."

the purpose of the comparison is 1 of scale & relations. isolated numbers hv no meaning n a vacuum, taken by themselves. as i'm sure u kno, #'s r merely a symbol. f i subsitute numerical symbols, which r inherently quantitative (b/c we hv agreed that they will b), w letter symbols & use these letters n the following example:

i hv "T" cantelopes & my friend has "F" cantelopes

which person has closest to the average number of cantelopes? w/o a scale, it's impossible to answer. no 1, least of all $Rich$ or myself, is holding out yt's as an example, 2b followed, of anything. n fact, there is only ONE stat presented n our post (f n fact, that was what u were referencing by ur comment) which refers to yt's at all. it's inclusion merely highlights 1 ex of the wide chasim n the rates of i/a between these groups when it comes to dealing w the so-called criminal justice system - something i think u allude to later in ur post:

"It proves racial desparities also."

i believe the comparitive stats b/t blk's & yt's demonstrate, f nothing else, differences n the way the legal system performs, whether justified or not, when it comes to dealing w black ppl n general, & blk males n particular. i believe that does ndeed hv a value 2 the blk community.

"Why are we so concerned about rather are not whites get arrested or not?"

speaking only 4 myself, i'm concerned about whether ANY group of ppl, or individuals whose behavior negatively impact the blk community is held accountable 4 their actions, whether they b blk or yt. & since i believe that the behaviors of yt's both collectively & individually serves 2 b overwhelmingly truculent, genocidal, & exploitative/sexploitative, althou primarily carried out behind closed doors & under the covers, yes, i am concerned about yt's getting arrested. that being said, i remain much mor concerned & motivated n2 action on behalf of blks who get arrested, or when they don't but should b.

i wish to applaud u on several fronts:

1. u displayed admirable restraint n not calling the police when ur property was vandilized/ broken into. i'm not sure f thats the best long term position, but i realise that this is a personal decision.

2. revealing som of ur relatives misadventures w the so-called criminal justice system. i regret ur grandson is n jail, but i am glad he was apprehended merely @ the possesion stage, b4 he had the chance to dig a deeper hole.

no 1 i kno of w any intelligence wld argue that arresting ppl after they committ crimes is the ideal way to stem criminal behavior. un4tunately, while the actions, & their debilitating effects, r ez 2 observe & condem, the causes of this behavior, & mor importantly, programs that effectively intervene, hv turned out to b elusive, underfunded, & problematic 2 implement w a frequency & sufficiency to have mor than a cursory impact.

that doesn't mean those cought up n the system get a free pass n the meantime, nor r we suggesting they r all innocent victims or political prisoners. the thrust our prisoner outreach program @ this time is to help, not xcuse, n any way we can to allieviate som of the more onerous aspects of being isolated from the rest of our community. unless they r to b banished 4ever, ultimately, many, f not most, will b returning 2 a blk community sometime, somewhere.

again, thanx 4 ur input on this topic.

8. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    where are all you Brothers at ????????

we standing strong yet broken come share in the disscussion every voice counts !

9. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    Sundiata Acoli (s/n Clark Squire)

Political Prisoners, POW's (Prisoners of War),
    Prisoners of Consciousness and others who are imprisoned unjustly.

[​IMG]
    Sundiata Acoli (s/n Clark Squire) # 39794-066
    PO Box 3000
    USP Allenwood
    White Deer, PA 17887
    http://sundiata.afrikan.net/

Sundiata Acoli, a New Afrikan political prisoner of war, mathematician, and computer analyst, was born January 14, 1937, in Decatur, Texas, and raised in Vernon, Texas. He graduated from Prairie View A & M College of Texas in 1956 with a B.S. in mathematics and for the next 13 years worked for various computer-oriented firms, mostly in the New York area.
    During the summer of 1964 he did voter registration work in Mississippi. In 1968 he joined the Harlem Black Panther Party and did community work around issues of schools, housing, jobs, child care, drugs, and police brutality.
    In 1969 he and 13 others were arrested in the Panther 21 conspiracy case. He was held in jail without bail and on trial for two years before being acquitted, along with all other defendants, by a jury deliberating less than two hours.
    Upon release, FBI intimidation of potential employers shut off all employment possibilities in the computer profession and stepped-up COINTELPRO harassment, surveillance, and provocations soon drove him underground.
    In May 1973, while driving the New Jersey Turnpike, he and his comrades were ambushed by N.J. state troopers. One companion, Zayd Shakur, was killed, another companion, Assata Shakur, was wounded and captured. One state trooper was killed and another wounded, and Sundiata was captured days later.
    After a highly sensationalized and prejudicial trial he was convicted of the death of the state trooper and was sentenced to Trenton State Prison (TSP) for life plus 30 years consecutive.
    Upon entering TSP he was subsequently confined to a new and specially created Management Control Unit (MCU) solely because of his political background. He remained in MCU almost five years, ... let out of the cell only ten minutes a day for showers and two hours twice a week for recreation.
    In September 1979, the International Jurist interviewed Sundiata and subsequently declared him a political prisoner. A few days later prison officials secretly transferred him during the middle of the night to the federal prison system and put him en route to the infamous federal concentration camp at Marion, Illinois, although he had no federal charges or sentences. Marion is one of the highest security prisons in the U.S., also one of the harshest, and there Sundiata was locked down 23 hours a day .... In July 1987 he was transferred to the federal penitentiary at Leavenworth, Kansas.
    In the fall of 1992, Sundiata became eligible for parole. He was not permitted to attend his own parole hearing and was only allowed to participate via telephone from USP Leavenworth. Despite an excellent prison work, academic and disciplinary record, despite numerous job offers in the computer profession, and despite thousands of letters on his behalf, Sundiata was denied parole. Instead, at the conclusion of a 20 minute telephone hearing, he was given a 20-year hit, the longest hit in New Jersey history, which dictates that he must do at least 12 more years before coming up for parole again.
    The Parole Board's stated reason for the 20-year hit was Sundiata's membership in the Black Panther Party and the Black Liberation Army prior to his arrest, the receipt of hundreds of "Free Sundiata" form letters that characterized him as a New Afrikan Prisoner of War, and the feeling that the punitive aspects of his sentence had not been satisfied and that rehabilitation was not sufficiently achieved. The real reason for the 20-year hit is to attempt to force Sundiata to renounce his political beliefs and to proclaim to the world that he was wrong to struggle for the liberation of his people.

http://sundiata.afrikan.net/

10. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290