Jails / Prisons : PRISON EARTH

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by Afru Shukuwr, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Afru Shukuwr

Afru Shukuwr Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Who believes that you are here on earth because of something wrong you did in heaven are somewhere else? I know some think earth is hell so if you believe there is a good God some people must have messed up to get here. I compare Earth to hell because it cant be close as good as heaven. What ever you think the perfect place would be like that would be heaven. Obviously its not the present planet we live on.
    Considering the increasing topics on the soul, afterlives, and beforelives helped me to decide on this topic. So is this seen as just Christian rhetoric to African spiritualists here and Im not a Christian or part of any religion. I know Ancient Egyptians believed in afterlife so Im wishing for some response on this. I realize I could have chose many titles for this so many types of responses are welcomed.

2. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    you have to remember that everyone has their own idea of[heaven-hell]for some just a warm place to lay one's head is heaven and to another having riches and fame mean little because they're bored so it's hell...it was the temptations who once said-you make your heaven and hell here on earth.

3. Afru Shukuwr

Ratings:
    +61
    Lets use you as an example. Do you see yourself generally in heaven right now every day of your life regardless of what you view heaven as. Are you in hell? Somewhere in between? If its in between it cant be heaven. Think of the best day of your life. Do you think there could be a state of mind 10 or a 100 times greater than that?

4. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    ok,this is MY HEAVEN...everyday that i can get out of bed,go out into the world to do what i have to do,as long as my family is healthy and can go about their lives without being threatened or frightened,as long as i can come to the place i call home and know that i will find peace within those walls,food in the pantry and music on the turntable[gotta have my tunes]then that is my HEAVEN..and for me at this stage of life that's more than enough.

5. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    um

i used to think like this then i realize

I'M IN HEAVEN BECAUSE I'M LIVING

i realized white people are not comfortable UNLESS chaos is present

thus YOU/US we feel the "hell" but my brethren

thru the pain administered by the "eurotrix" we've been fooled

we are here already

life is too be cherished but the have us in survival mode and on the grind

to stop us from seeing the truth, real "magic"

6. Afru Shukuwr

Ratings:
    +61
    Oldies and Streetsoja you are in your earthly heaven are you not? Its good to be thankful for everything. Thinking about the worst day in your life could you imagine that day being any worse or your best day being better?

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Afru Shukuwr,

My answer to your first question is no, I don’t believe that. As to your second line of reasoning, it doesn’t match my worldview, in terms of how we got here. True to your third line of reasoning. Well, and again, according to my worldview, this earth will become utopia. You are correct to say that this present state of earth is no match to heaven, utopia nor the expected new earth.

Interesting, the beforelives, please tell me something about your studies in this area, the beforelives, and how that study got you to this trend of thought. Also, explain the necessity of making sure that we know that you are not a Christian.

Ah, the afterlife, there are not many sources that discuss the afterlife, outside of the biblical accounts which express a detail summary. Hopefully, the responses you are receiving meet the expectation of the thread topic…Peace In

8. Writspirit

Writspirit Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Is to make myself the best human being I can in th
    Ratings:
    +77
    I personally think life is a mind trip. We're dreamers, dreaming life.

We act and react based upon our perception of the world around us. We can perceive it as both heaven and hell. We come into this world where we are immediately immersed into a culture, and thus take on the knowledge and social mores, and yes the paranoia and fears of that culture as well. Based on that, we have either a negative, positive or balanced viewpoint of the world.

How well we comprehend and focus on our destiny, determines how great or disappointing our paths will be.

We can choose to live consciously or unconsciously. If we choose to live consciously we take responsibility for our actions. We make choices and determinations as to how we act or react to a given situation. People often feel they have no control over their lives and many souls just drift along, unthinking and merely accepting whatever the forces around them dictate. These souls feel trapped in their own inertia and generally haven't used their full potential. Thus, they continue the cycle repeatedly via many life experiences until they learn the lessons that free them from this earth incarnation.

I trust that once we achieve the degree of knowledge that allows us freedom from returning into earth lessons. We are then free to rise to and continue the eternal experience of creating and recreating our life journeys via births and rebirths.:?:

9. Afru Shukuwr

Ratings:
    +61
    I relate to this the most out of all the responses thus far. Its not much else I can say about it.

10. Afru Shukuwr

Ratings:
    +61
    All of that is well taken Clyde Coger.
    On this earth becoming an utopia I hope you are right. I see that as a great possibility with more and more signs of it all the time. It doesnt discount heaven anywhere else though.
    The beforelife of course is referring to the time out of body that you have before your present in body life. When you die and live again your afterlife will become your before life once reincarnated. A past life would be on living with another physical life in the past.
    As for before lives my studies and thoughts reveal a different and flexible spiritual world and we long ago had much more regular contact with it while actually living at the same time where some of us were royal people that got prosecuted for some reason. And thats a hunch.
    Mentioning of not being a Christian is for new members because I dont post as much as alot of you but Ill try not to over do it.
    There are not many sources that discuss afterlife but there are many that discuss the spiritual universe and they have very close similarities compared to other material thats out there.
    Years ago I decided to check out a book called "Soul Traveler" by Albert Taylor.
    He was on Coast to Coast AM radio show with Art Bell. There has very few Black guests I think but when I looked on the back inside cover of the book I got a surprise. The author was Black.
    The topic so far is meeting my expectations. There are a couple of topics I just feel that needed to be discussed more throughly although I havent read every discussion on the site. Thank you for responding.