Jails / Prisons : Prison: Black Crips defend white Aryan Brotherhood

dustyelbow

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 25, 2005
Black inmates defend Aryan Brotherhood in Santa Ana trial
GILLIAN FLACCUS
Associated Press

SANTA ANA, Calif. - Two black prison gang members testified Wednesday that the notorious Aryan Brotherhood was too small and weak to attack a rival black gang behind bars and incite a race war that left two inmates dead.

The testimony of the witnesses, members of the Crips and Black Guerrilla Family, came in the final days of a sweeping federal racketeering trial against the white supremacist gang.

The case, believed to be one of the largest death penalty cases in U.S. history, alleges that imprisoned Aryan Brotherhood ringleaders orchestrated 32 murders and attempted murders over a 30-year period. Of the 40 people originally arrested, up to 16 could face the death penalty in several trials.

At the heart of the government's case is a 1997 race riot at a prison in Lewisburg, Pa., that resulted in the deaths of two members of the DC Blacks prison gang. Prosecutors allege the hits were ordered by way of a secret message sent by two Aryan Brotherhood members currently on trial - Barry "The Baron" Mills and T.D. "The Hulk" Bingham - from another prison.

On Wednesday, an imprisoned member of the Black Guerrilla Family gang testified that the Aryan Brotherhood was severely outnumbered in the federal prison system by the DC Blacks.

Witness James "Doc" Holiday said there were at most 10 Aryan Brotherhood members at his prison, while the DC Blacks were "the majority."

Holiday said DC Blacks had a type of violent mentality that didn't exist among other prison gangs. He said the racial strife was largely instigated by the black gang, with the Aryan Brotherhood defending itself.

When tensions started to rise among black and white inmates in 1996 and 1997, Mills tried to ease the problem rather than inflame it, Holiday said.

"I know him and I know that he wouldn't initiate something like that because he knows the consequences," Holiday said of the racial problems.

"Only the young and the foolish and the uninitiated would start something like that in prison," said Holiday, who is serving two life terms for drug violations.

Earlier in the day, another inmate and member of the Crips testified that the white supremacist gang was vastly outnumbered by the DC Blacks and had to act in self-defense.

"I care how it comes out because I know these people," said Mick Daughtery, who's been in prison nearly 30 years on drug convictions. "But I'm not biased."

The government alleges Bingham passed a secret message that read "War with DC Blacks, TD" to Aryan Brotherhood members at the Lewisburg prison in 1997 after racial strife broke out at a prison in Marion, Ill.

A series of government witnesses have testified that they helped pass the contents of the message written in invisible ink made from urine.

The defense has argued that the message was a warning to Aryan Brotherhood members at other prisons about escalating racial tensions, and that it was misinterpreted by those who received it.

Holiday testified that the troubles at Marion began when a member of the DC Blacks assaulted a white inmate with a radio because he wanted to be transferred to another prison. Things escalated, he said, when DC Blacks attacked white inmates in the prison yard.

The trial began in mid-March and entered its final days this week. Defense attorneys for Bingham, Mills and another defendant, Edgar "The Snail" Hevle, have rested their cases.

The trial was recessed until July 6, when an attorney for the fourth defendant, Christopher Gibson, will begin his defense. Closing arguments are expected to begin July 11.

Brother DustyElbow ... getting folk to abide by rule #2 has been quite challenging. I believe it's just the nature of the Internet, folk are so accustomed to sharing everything.

In spite of the difficulty, we (the Moderators and i) are going to try and stay on top of this moe betta.

Please ... don't include the whole story, if you don't have permission for it to be here, and always leave a link to it.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

dustyelbow said:
Black inmates defend Aryan Brotherhood in Santa Ana trial
GILLIAN FLACCUS
Associated Press

SANTA ANA, Calif. - Two black prison gang members testified Wednesday that the notorious Aryan Brotherhood was too small and weak to attack a rival black gang behind bars and incite a race war that left two inmates dead.

The testimony of the witnesses, members of the Crips and Black Guerrilla Family, came in the final days of a sweeping federal racketeering trial against the white supremacist gang.

The case, believed to be one of the largest death penalty cases in U.S. history, alleges that imprisoned Aryan Brotherhood ringleaders orchestrated 32 murders and attempted murders over a 30-year period. Of the 40 people originally arrested, up to 16 could face the death penalty in several trials.

At the heart of the government's case is a 1997 race riot at a prison in Lewisburg, Pa., that resulted in the deaths of two members of the DC Blacks prison gang. Prosecutors allege the hits were ordered by way of a secret message sent by two Aryan Brotherhood members currently on trial - Barry "The Baron" Mills and T.D. "The Hulk" Bingham - from another prison.

On Wednesday, an imprisoned member of the Black Guerrilla Family gang testified that the Aryan Brotherhood was severely outnumbered in the federal prison system by the DC Blacks.

Witness James "Doc" Holiday said there were at most 10 Aryan Brotherhood members at his prison, while the DC Blacks were "the majority."

Holiday said DC Blacks had a type of violent mentality that didn't exist among other prison gangs. He said the racial strife was largely instigated by the black gang, with the Aryan Brotherhood defending itself.

When tensions started to rise among black and white inmates in 1996 and 1997, Mills tried to ease the problem rather than inflame it, Holiday said.

"I know him and I know that he wouldn't initiate something like that because he knows the consequences," Holiday said of the racial problems.

"Only the young and the foolish and the uninitiated would start something like that in prison," said Holiday, who is serving two life terms for drug violations.

Earlier in the day, another inmate and member of the Crips testified that the white supremacist gang was vastly outnumbered by the DC Blacks and had to act in self-defense.

"I care how it comes out because I know these people," said Mick Daughtery, who's been in prison nearly 30 years on drug convictions. "But I'm not biased."

The government alleges Bingham passed a secret message that read "War with DC Blacks, TD" to Aryan Brotherhood members at the Lewisburg prison in 1997 after racial strife broke out at a prison in Marion, Ill.

A series of government witnesses have testified that they helped pass the contents of the message written in invisible ink made from urine.

The defense has argued that the message was a warning to Aryan Brotherhood members at other prisons about escalating racial tensions, and that it was misinterpreted by those who received it.

Holiday testified that the troubles at Marion began when a member of the DC Blacks assaulted a white inmate with a radio because he wanted to be transferred to another prison. Things escalated, he said, when DC Blacks attacked white inmates in the prison yard.

The trial began in mid-March and entered its final days this week. Defense attorneys for Bingham, Mills and another defendant, Edgar "The Snail" Hevle, have rested their cases.

The trial was recessed until July 6, when an attorney for the fourth defendant, Christopher Gibson, will begin his defense. Closing arguments are expected to begin July 11.

If this article is about the situation in Cali's prison system its making a serious error. Its no longer a "Black/White" matter as the Hispanic gang population has multiplied. The Aryans have typically been more associated with the Hispanic gangs but this began to change as the mexican mafia-affiliated 18th St and MS 13 cut into the aryan's heroin trade. I spoke to this before, the shift of the Black gangs been affiliated with Hispanic gangs and now being closer to the aryans.

I noticed the article speaks of folks in Illinois so that is why I question its source. Who are these "DC Blacks". That does not sound like a CRIPS set to me...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back