Jails / Prisons : Prison and Black Manhood: Truths, Lies and Myths

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by oldsoul, Dec 12, 2004.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    Prison and Black Manhood: Truths, Lies and Myths

Between 1972 and 1982, OldSoul was imprisoned in the following:
    U.S. Penitentiary Leavenworth, Kansas
    U.S. Penitentiary Marion, Illinois
    U.S. Federal Prison Terre Haute, Indiana
    Federal Correctional Institution Milan, Michigan
    Federal Metropolitan Correctional Center (MCC) Chicago, Illinois
    Cook County Jail Chicago, Illinois

Because of what I feel is a mis-placed glorification of jail and prison, and the belief that going to jail gives one ‘gangster’, ‘playa’ or ‘badass’ credentials, I will be doing a series of presentations on ‘Prison and Black Manhood: Truths, Lies and Myths’, exclusively at BLACKVOICECHAT.COM as part of the Consciousness Raising On-Line Class on Sundays, 3PM EST. The incarceration and subsequent ‘institutionalization’ of Black males is one of the most devastating programs to Black People in the USA and the Black World, yet hundreds of thousands of young Black males have been tricked into thinking its ‘cool’ to go there; they'd rather go to prison than go to church. Find out the whys and hows of this and more, beginning Sunday, December 12, 2004, 3PM EST, at BLACKVOICECHAT.COM.

2. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    More residents than the average man. When I was growing up the teens would brag about going to Boonesville.. I thought it was a summer camp, and asked my mother why couldn't I go. I found out what it was and no longer wanted to loose my freedom. They made it sound so glamorous. They actually looked forward to going back.

If the institutions took away the TV's and college education, and all the other things they get in prison and made it into what it was intended to be. A place with no future. Many would not want to go.

A criminal, runs because he knows what he just did was illegal and wrong.
    So even the most cruel drug dealer knows and hasn't lost his sense of right and wrong, yet wrong is easier to choose from. It is easier to do wrong and be bad. Then our government is corrupt and those commiting the crimes see this. The worst criminal is in charge of the system. Neccesary evil, is what they call it.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    so many has visit and return to the prison system , I've visit the max and how they live
    what they do inside the walls of captivity .
    If a lot of these hard core bad boyz go cross the south of ILL to Marion Max they will see
    it's no show or clamx fun when you have to fear for your life every second

I know places like the (MCC) is like being at home with activities and living making a stay
    more easy but what they don't know is the strike they have for life on there backs
    to go and be jailed is like a sale of your soul .One place i hate to reside, the myth & lies
    of false stories toll is not true at all i'll try to make this class for sure ........peace

4. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    Wonderful class Prison and Black Manhood: Truths, Lies and Myths
    this past Sunday was only part 1. Brother Oldsoul holds a class every Sunday at 3pm EST family Raising Consciousness On-Line Class do come join us.....www.blackvoicechat.com

Peace
    Angel​

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Every Black person in America needs to hear this lesson!

6. RunawaySlave

RunawaySlave Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Old Soul I feel your pain and thank you for sharing your experiences hate I missed the discussion, was it recorded? Maybe you can provide a text version for those of us unable to enter the chatroom.

panafrica there are millions of Black People in the dungeons of baby-london that live in it everyday, so thats stretching it a bit to say "Every Black person in America needs to hear this lesson!"

7. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    Yes, Runawayslave
    There will be a recording played in the The BLACK House, times will be posted in the chat forum area. If you have problems entering in chat please post in the chat forum area http://www.destee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124
    and Destee or I will try and help you.

For those who dont know the Black family produces The Black Family News from their home, The BLACK House, in the Black community. Right here at destee.com in blackvoicechat.com Wednesdays @ 9 pm ET at The Black House.

Come in meet REAL BLACK and his wife, BEAUTIFUL ANN, along with their two adult children, a son, WAY2 and a daughter, PRETTY ANN. www.destee.com/chat

Peace
    Angel

8. RunawaySlave

RunawaySlave Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Speaking of Prisons

Old Soul I was reading about the One Prisoner, One Contact program spearheaded by Fred Hampton Jr. and the Prisoners of Conscience Committee, what they are doing is writing the hundreds of Political Prisoners in baby-london like Mumia, Jamil, and many others with the goal being to let them know they aren’t forgotten and to give thanks for the sacrifices many of them made and are making thru a letter writing campaign of Real Love it would be great if you and anyone interested got on board and joined this effort.

Msblkangel Destee tried to help me sometime back, I believe its our walmart computer thx for your help anyway.

9. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Old Soul is speaking about the Prison System in the US, although I'm sure all Black People can take from his message

10. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    DELETED BY AUTHOR