Black Spirituality Religion : Priest Says Hell Is Fake And Religion Is About Control

I'll gladly be the one to say that quite a few of them are. Quite a few of them inspire some horrible things. Albinos, children, and women are attacked physically in very brutal ways in some areas.

Unfortunately when you've got a forum that will venerate anything African integrity gets pushed to the way side.

Back on the subject of the thread, there's a growing suspicion that there may be a good deal of Christian clergy members who have been de-converted by their craft. A while back there was an interesting instance of an anthropologist / linguist who was charged with producing a vernacular bible for a tribe in South America. His name is Daniel E. Everett:

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1859528,00.html
90 Minute Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXegoZrxcVk (In 4 Parts)

You'll have to forgive me if I've misunderstood your comments regarding ATRs. I didn't finish college so sometimes my reading comprehension can be a little off lol. Is it your contention that some Traditional African religions have/are inspired its adherents to commit the aforementioned attrocities?

Peace.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Very good Each1teach1, however, along these lines, there has been big conversation concerning Egyptian Afterlife and consequences of immortality.

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/fall-of-melanated-people.55658/page-5#post-566505

Up to the conclusion reached, we had discussed Wallis Budge's hieroglyphics, the Am-Tuat, the Shekhem Ur Shekhem, the Duat/Amenta and many other resources and materials relative to life after death and the consequences/activities thereof.

Peace In,

I do agree with that, there are consequences. Why because as we all know everything has its opposite and to every action there is a reaction...even if that reaction doesnt take place in the here and now or not even 400 years from now...there will be a reaction even if we are not around to witness it. The question at hand is what are those consequences? In what capacity will they take place, when and how? From what I can gather based on my own NDE and reincarnation research, it appears that our wrongs will have to be worked out through life review, judgement and karmic cycles and reincarnation. Now that sounds like alot to take in considering we know some people who have done some seriously heavy stuff in their life time, and I really dont want to believe that Hitler, slave traders, slave masters and war lords, murderers and rapist walked off scott free But honestly who knows? I would hate to think that they did. In fact I dont believe that they did, but do I have proof? I just go by what I can perceive as truth. I honestly believe (because I cannot know, until I die or have contact with someone who has) that when we die with our hearts in the right place we all see our loved ones, have a life review and cross over to the great beyond. Those who die with heavy hearts in the wrong place do not cross over, they remain stuck between worlds with all their fear and anger just like they had when they were alive, they continue to be the same way and therefor create their own hell they can probably ask God to forgive them but they choose not to or are afraid, they also may have to ask forgiveness from others they have harmed and hope they will but if not, purgatory? Who knows...the best I can say is that we all should be evaluating our lives daily and treating others the way we want to be treated so we dont have to die with a heavy heart and bring our own judgement down on our heads.

One thing that I think people tend not to realize is that we are spirits who have bodies not the other way around. This world is not our home and nor is it a real one. We ALL come from the other side, and when we agree to come here we have done so with a plan knowing all the lessons we need to learn. I think that when we get here we often forget and get caught up in all the emotional stuff and often when we do return home some are trying to do so with their earthly mind and body which is actually our lower selves. The lower self carries guilt misunderstanding hatred etc this lower self can prevent us from moving on especially if weve done wrong.

I do agree with that, there are consequences. Why because as we all know everything has its opposite and to every action there is a reaction...even if that reaction doesnt take place in the here and now or not even 400 years from now...there will be a reaction even if we are not around to witness it. The question at hand is what are those consequences? In what capacity will they take place, when and how? From what I can gather based on my own NDE and reincarnation research, it appears that our wrongs will have to be worked out through life review, judgement and karmic cycles and reincarnation. Now that sounds like alot to take in considering we know some people who have done some seriously heavy stuff in their life time, and I really dont want to believe that Hitler, slave traders, slave masters and war lords, murderers and rapist walked off scott free But honestly who knows? I would hate to think that they did. In fact I dont believe that they did, but do I have proof? I just go by what I can perceive as truth. I honestly believe (because I cannot know, until I die or have contact with someone who has) that when we die with our hearts in the right place we all see our loved ones, have a life review and cross over to the great beyond. Those who die with heavy hearts in the wrong place do not cross over, they remain stuck between worlds with all their fear and anger just like they had when they were alive, they continue to be the same way and therefor create their own hell they can probably ask God to forgive them but they choose not to or are afraid, they also may have to ask forgiveness from others they have harmed and hope they will but if not, purgatory? Who knows...the best I can say is that we all should be evaluating our lives daily and treating others the way we want to be treated so we dont have to die with a heavy heart and bring our own judgement down on our heads.

One thing that I think people tend not to realize is that we are spirits who have bodies not the other way around. This world is not our home and nor is it a real one. We ALL come from the other side, and when we agree to come here we have done so with a plan knowing all the lessons we need to learn. I think that when we get here we often forget and get caught up in all the emotional stuff and often when we do return home some are trying to do so with their earthly mind and body which is actually our lower selves. The lower self carries guilt misunderstanding hatred etc this lower self can prevent us from moving on especially if weve done wrong.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Great reflections Each1teach1, I really enjoyed reading these profound thoughts. And the question at hand, as you put it, pinpoints the issue; yet, at the same time, we honestly don't know the answer, but can agree on consequences. Like you...lol, I certainly hope Hitler and the others don't get off scott free for their heavy stuff, in terms of atrocities.

Peace In,

You'll have to forgive me if I've misunderstood your comments regarding ATRs. I didn't finish college so sometimes my reading comprehension can be a little off lol. Is it your contention that some Traditional African religions have/are inspired its adherents to commit the aforementioned attrocities?

Peace.

Yep. Example: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/29/10000-albinos-in-hiding-a_n_372976.html

There are traditional religions / beliefs that are responsible for problems in Africa too.

I should've been clearer, since the focus of the thread is Christianity.

Yep. Example: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/29/10000-albinos-in-hiding-a_n_372976.html

There are traditional religions / beliefs that are responsible for problems in Africa too.

I should've been clearer, since the focus of the thread is Christianity.

Thanks for responding

Im going to make this short because I don't want to hijack the thread. Unfortunately i dont know enough about traditional religion in Tanzania. However, a distinction must be made as to whether or not the atrocities are carried out under the tacit approval and direction of their respective oracles or...superstition.

In odu ifa eji ogbe albinos are held in high esteem and favored by Orisa nla himself. I can think of no African oral spiritual tradition encouraging the harm of human beings.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back