Black Spirituality Religion : Priest Says Hell Is Fake And Religion Is About Control

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by ru2religious, Dec 6, 2011.

1. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    What happen when the very foundation of Christianity began to crack. Roman Catholics the creators and beginning to Christianity reveals more truth about Christianity.

Peace and Blessings

Ru2religious

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    You are so right for posting this....but the way I see it, I hope that they stay religious longer than our people....because right now they got all the weapons! Without religion, they'd really be some darn animals!!...and as quiet as it's kept, them and the Arabs are the only people I've seen who go about outright genocide, destruction and murder in the name of God! So even with religion they have been beast as recorded by history. Imagine them without it!??

They are obeying the first law of nature, "SELF PRESERVATION AS A GROUP", so when are we going to start doing the same???

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Many are moving in that direction:

[​IMG]

The fall and rise of Carlton Pearson

But things began to change in the late 1990s. Mr. Pearson, who was ordained in the conservative Church of God In Christ, the nation’s largest black Pentecostal denomination, started preaching a doctrine seemingly foreign to everything he had previously learned and believed. (Another term for the doctrine that he calls “inclusion” is “universalism.”)
    In a 2000 interview with The Dallas Morning News, he said he no longer adhered to the “holiness or hell” credo that is a bedrock teaching of the Church of God In Christ and other black Pentecostal groups. He said he’d been having second thoughts for years about whether one needed to accept Jesus in order to be saved. He added that he could support abortion in “extreme situations” and that homosexuality should be “tolerated but not celebrated.”
    Three years later, in another interview with The News, he went further. He said it was reasonable to believe that Satan could go to heaven if he would simply repent and tell God, “‘I competed with you, but I was wrong. I’m sorry.’ “
    http://www.religionnewsblog.com/13829/the-fall-and-rise-of-carlton-pearson

The Rev. Carlton Pearson talks about preaching that everyone has a place in heaven, including gay people.
    http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us...eo/us/2010/09/27/nr.pearson.homosexuality.cnn

Peace In,

4. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    so you believe ATRs are about control?

Seems like the only one concerned or talking about religion are the ones bashing religion! Kinda like the gay brother who is cool with all the brothers but talks about nothing but hating women!

Some folks really do need to

get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    who is this post for?

If I'm not mistaken isn't this the Black Spirituality/Religion section? This is not the Christian section so dropping informative information for those who are not apart of that religion or any religion for that matter can review what these people are saying about their own doctrine is not a crime nor does it break any rules. Secondly, we didn't say anything about the religion - the man who is in this video is responsible for the words that are recorded.

Third, how does gay brothas - who are coo with guys but bash women have anything in common with a non religious guy posting a religious guy words as he exploit the lies about his religion? The non-religious guy didn't do it - its the religious guy that did it.

Peace and Blessings,

Ru2religious

6. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    Get a life is right. I don't think ATR's were beaten in to our ancestor as a form of programming and mind control the way christianity was. Next time you speak remember when you mention the word "bashing", remember that our ancestors were bashed in the head, maimed, murdered, raped and lynched over this "Religion". A religion that was literally beaten in to us. And you have the nerve to sit here and type about bashing. I think your position is a totally disrespect to all those (ancestors) who have paid a tremendous toll for you to even sit here and type such nonsense. You always mention stockholm syndrome, but somehow this concept gets pass you here for some reason.

So you asked are ATRs about control. ALL RELIGIONS ARE ABOUT CONTROL! That is the purpose, only christianity was used by a savage beast as tool to enslave our ancestors. GET A LIFE IS RIGHT.

7. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
  8. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    Priest Says Hell Is Fake And Religion Is About Control

I could care less what he says about Christianity,
    I am asking you do you believe all religion is about control or do you believe that is a blanket statement?????

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......For further reading, here are additional threads on the same topic or similar:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/the-gospel-of-inclusion.52066/

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/minister-challenges-hell-loses-his-congregation.47099/

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/heaven-and-hell.48517/

Peace In,

10. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    I saw that first video some time ago. I really respect Carlton Pearson especially for his about face on hell. He was the first black minister that I heard start making sense on this subject and more people need to follow in his path. I remember him being on 60 minutes talking about the same thing some years back. He said that he really could not jist that he could be sitting in his great house with all his splendor and see black africans on tv who had everything stolen from them and caught all the hell in the world and would die and go to hell because they didnt know christ. Now if only the rest of them could come to their senses we could get some where. I honestly dont have a problem with Jesus real or not but I have a serious problem with the idea of sin, predestination and that people would die and go to hell for not believing...it really boils my blood because the real and only point of that is to control peoples every thought and move right down to their death and after life can you imagine that? And all it is is fear mongering in the worst way, it is truly the most atrocious offense to humanity if you ask me. It is the very idea of raping the soul.