Black Spirituality Religion : Pride can lead to envy.

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by KingSango, Oct 12, 2013.

1. KingSango

KingSango Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +389
    Its very hard sometimes uniting with Black people, so many of us are afflicted with pride and envy, pride can lead to envy but envy is the worst. It is right to love ourselves but pride is a sin, we can be so proud in our beings we see not our shortcomings. No human being is without flaws and the most beautiful people have at least one flaw somewhere. Halle Berry to me was very beautiful but she was very skinny, she got a little baby phat now but she is older now as well.

I pray all the time and give praise to the Orisha not myself, I pray to Obatala and I pray to bless Him. I pray to Ile Ife, the Holy City, I pray for the Renaissance of Africa, I know my people suffer worldwide and I pray comfort for them.

I don't envy no other human being, I am content with what I have because happiness only comes from being content. I would be happy if I had a million dollars so I am happy like a have a million dollars because happiness is more important than a million dollars. So I don't envy millionaires, I don't envy men who have beautiful wives because beautiful wives are not the source of happiness.

So what I am trying to say is, be not prideful, proud people do some evil things when they feel someone of lesser statue usurps them fairly at something. Pride leads to envy, envious people aren't happy people, comparing one's self constantly to others is a burden on the soul, why carry such weight?

May love and peace guide you.

2. KingSango

KingSango Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +389
    Greetings, thank you for your liking my comments, I live to give each of you the power to overcome and be victorious in your endeavors. One should not envy ones brothers but uplift them in the spirit of brotherhood if they will accept. I remember Don Juan speaking to Carlos Castaneda, he told him the native men of Mexico all of them were warriors, each wanted to free their people but knew the one who would dare stand up would be chopped down by the others out of envy. We so badly want freedom, justice and equality but the minute one of us stands up he will be the target of so much envy. This ugly sin of Envy is why so many are afraid to live their potential, they are afraid of success because being more successful than others will cause them to betray you. I know most of my life I have experienced this fate, envied and betrayed by those I love the most. Yes, some of us are like locusts we only want to wrap up the other and then feed on his or her life so we can feel proud about taking someone down.

We are at war with a great foe, I'm afraid if we don't stand behind great vision we will lose our blessings and forever be the slaves of our enemies. The Mayan prophecy speaks to this great choice we must make at this change of worlds. We must choose freedom and unite now under one common banner or remain the slaves of these wicked people forever. We must act because they are growing too powerful, they are delving deep into the mysteries of life in order to destroy us and take our place. And the envy amongst us will kill any vision we have to build a better and more peaceful world for Africa.

There's a lot of envy amongst the black community, many of our people are in league with the enemy to stop the rise of the Black Messiah who will unite all of our fighters and warriors to wage spiritual war against this demonic worldwide system of White Supremacy and Racism. Our brother Malcolm X was cut down by envious brothers, Marcus Garvey was betrayed by envious brothers, Booker T. Washington was slandered by envious brothers and Henry Garnett was attacked by envious brothers. Our struggle some of us is to control our spirits and not allow envy to boil and grow within us to where we become murderous traitors. Remember traitors are usually those not happy with their position and believe without just cause they deserve more than they are given, so they turn on those who receive more than them out of envy.

I pray some of us don't become like that and destroy our Renaissance, we can't allow envy to betray God's vision for us. So pray if you are a victim of envy, don't let the beast consume you and thereby inflict your soul with darkness in the afterlife. Peace and love.

Ashe.

3. LMagere

LMagere Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +77
    Prayer is the best way of appearing to do something for someone while doing absolutely nothing. It may be a good form of meditation though I’m not sure.

I do agree though that sometimes pride is bad but not all the time.

4. KingSango

KingSango Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +389
    If we knew how little we were responsible for in God's creation then we would agree all pride is sinful. Without God's ashe our breath would cease, our brains couldn't think and our bodies couldn't move, yes the only thing we have in our control are our choices. Praise Elegbua. Ashe.

5. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

What a ridiculous and out of place statement. Did you even read KingSango's post?

6. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    I agree with this completely.. but I would like to answer the question: "Why carry the weight?

If the "constant comparison" is to an ideal.. to a healthy ideal.. then the weight shifts from a burden to an asset.. especially if the ideal is unattainable; the ideal becomes the carrot and stick that leads us toward moral, physical, etc.. perfection.

7. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    Bingo

8. LMagere

Ratings:
    +77
    I did and if I’m not mistaken KingSango said pride can be ban and I agreed with him. He then went on to take about how he prays to what I assume are his ancestors or gods asking them to comfort the suffering. To this I gave my view on the effects of pray when it comes to helping others or solving problems which was prayer dose nothing. I was also careful not to say prayer was useless as it may be a good way of meditating. So to me my post was very relevant

In short I did read KingSango’s initial post then responded accordingly, so help me out whats so ridiculous about my statement?

9. LMagere

Ratings:
    +77
    While this post shows you truly care about the suffering of Africans, it does not really address the problems Africans face individually and as a society. Envy depending on how you react to the emotion can have a positive or negative result. So that when reading your post I come to the conclusion that you have only scratched the surface with your ideas. The solution you offer at the end is also one which I say is no solution at all.

It is unclear to me that so many of us are afraid to live their potential because they will be betrayed. They are a lot of successful Africans we know of, are proud of, and aspire to be like.

I would say the real problems for Africans are accessibility, affordability, and education. So that I’m not sure you can pray until people no longer envy you but; you can educate them about their emotions and how best to respond to them, you can give them access to the tools they need to meet their daily needs and future goals. If these Africans around you really want what you have you can show them how they too can come to afford or acquire the same.

The problems Africans have with suffering are the same problems everyone else has and are a problem for everyone. Ether you work to solve the problem for everyone, or it always remains and your Isolated efforts only fan the fires.

Who are we at war with, who is this great foe, and who are these wicked people???? How do we act when it is not clear who we are acting against?

You don’t mention who the enemy is or why they are the enemy. So that you can forgive people for being in league with the enemy as they may not know it’s the enemy.

Why do we need a Messiah??? With a messiah things fall apart the moment they die or are killed. What we need is the most people at all times with access to knowledge and ideas which are harder to put in the grave then a person is.

We do believe WITH JUST CAUSE as a people, that we are not happy with our dispositions, and deserve more than we have.
    I do agree that it is a struggle to control our emotions like envy so we need the right tools to help us.

As you pray that your renaissance be not destroyed you may have to come to grips with the fact the some black people can’t see the world as you do. We may all want to alleviate suffering but some of us see no connection to a god and have no idea what a soul is or if it exists. I would be willing to work with you but find prayer completely useless in any effort. One thing you can’t accuse most Africans of doing is praying and it is clear what the effects are, zero.

Tell me lets go and pray to solve a problem and allover sudden I have an important cold beer that needs my full attention. Tell me you have a good idea to educate and I’ll take the day off work.

Let’s say they is a god/gods and let’s say god answers prayer. How many prayers does god need to stop showing an indifference to suffering? If he/she is all knowing at the same time why does he need prayer before he can act? Is it not clear to him/her that we all do not like suffering and it is not helping?

In conclusion I agree Africans have problems and we need solutions. Envy is an emotion and blaming it for our problems only scratches the surface at best. Pray is not a solution to our problems but the act of caring and then doing the thing that helps the least if at all.

Sounds interesting what does it mean?

10. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    "Pride" is personal satisfaction or joy in something.

To "envy" another is to be jealous and "covetous."

Being "proud" and "prideful" is "haughtiness" not humility.

The Bible speaks against pride and envy and advocates humility.

1Sam.2

[3] Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed
    Pss.12

[3] The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:

Pss.17

[10] They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly.

Pss.101

[5] Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.

Pss.138

[6] Though the LORD be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afar off.

Prov.8

[13] The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Prov.13

[10] Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.

Prov.14

[3] In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall preserve them.

Prov.16

[18] Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall

Prov.29

[23] A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Exod.20

[17] Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Luke.12

[15] And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Heb.13

[5] Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.