Black People Politics : President's message to the Grassroots, sound like Republican rhetoric?

it's not what he said, it's that it went unchallanged....

i am sick of this "bootstrap" crap. it is only said to black people.
wall street got a bailout. black people get a neo con diatribe.

this is the most BS out of obamas mouth since he got elected.

however, my main gripe is not that he said it. it is that no one challenged him.
it seems to be the standard that black people get the "tough love" BS and we love it.
that is no more than maschocism at work to me.

black people love to be beat on it seems.

is that a prerequisite for a leader or for a new member to post in this group?

but since you asked someone who is not a leader nor claims to be one but just an ordinary Black man in Brooklyn who has a concern for his people, start with the Nguzo Saba, and when you finish all 7 let me know

Every since too many blacks also fell into that 'us vs them' trap, i. e. started defending the likes of Mike Tyson--O. J. Simpson--even gave Clarence Thomas a 'free pass' because of that 'no good black female' aka Anita Hill who 'did him wrong', ad naseum, even those of us who know better have had to pick and choose our comments and criticisms carefully and cautiously...

Add to that this:

When I asked the posters of a particular message board connnected with a particular website the good sister used to be a part of?

I got ONE reply when it came to what he had to say about Obama too!

A obvious hint:

The city related forum's name starts with a 'C'...

As I also stated at the time?

Yes...

I did and do merely considered Mr. Obama the lesser of the two evlls being presented...

But...

Imagine if McCain had've won!

And who would've been a heartbeat away from becoming the next President!!

Now that's really scary!!!

Otherwise what else you shared with us here I will weigh the pros and cons of too...

FYI...

A man whose father was a well to do Kenyan educated in England and associated with MI6 to topple the freedom fighter prime minister Jomo Kenyatta,
a man whose mother was of a aristocratic and elitist bloodline and an official of the Ford foundation in of all places Indonesia in the 70s, when folks who looked like him in East Timor were being massacred.
stood infront of a predominantly Black audience and said he came from humble begginings,
and that Black folks should pull themselves up by their bootstraps

denying the institutional racism , and prevalence of White Supremacy in every institution of this nation that effects and impacts the Black family in this nation, and saying nohing about the damage to Cynthia McKinney, or Troy Davis, or the regetrification going on all over the nation to the Black community

This is interesting because he made and kept promises to the Castro hating white expats from Cuba in Miami, and made and kept promises to the Zionist lobby group AIPAC,
but made no promises before the election in public or on record to the Black community

Chuck:

In all due candor and honest as well as mutual respect, also do forgive me if I neither have the patience nor the time etc. to sift thru another one of Obama's long speeches, so you will have to back up your claims etc. by the way of verifiable (printed/written) sources...

On the other hand, you too will be judged both in relationship to your deeds as well as your words...

Do keep that in mind as well...

FYI...

FYI...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back