Black People Politics : President Obama to Tom Joyner: ‘It’s not enough just to have a black president’

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by jamesfrmphilly, Aug 28, 2013.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    [​IMG]

“When it comes to the economy, when it comes to inequality, when it comes to wealth, when it comes to the challenges that inner cities experience, he (MLK) would say that we have not made as much progress as the civil and social progress that we’ve made, and that it’s not enough just to have a black President,” Obama told Joyner.

http://thegrio.com/2013/08/27/presi...ts-not-enough-just-to-have-a-black-president/

2. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    While I see no reason to stop pushing Obama to effect solutions to our plight - after all, he ASKED for the job - I will go easier seeing as he is personally aware of and has admitted what we have been saying for a while - having a black president is not enough.

3. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    I guess that this is newsworthy because it is the President . . ..

Kwame Ture pointed out how in struggle there are no rests. I don't know how true that is; yet I do know that "Black President" is not a rest point, just a marker for more and more struggle.

4. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Not for nothing but when did White folks ever say having a White president is not enough?

Black folks 50 years ago made demands on a White racist warmonger of a president, that assisted in the assassination of the previous one just so he could get into office,
    made demands and got them met.

So far after 4 years and a recent March on Washington, no Black leader or organization has made demands on a Black president yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Black Tycoon

Black Tycoon Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1

At this point blacks should start making demands on other blacks. I think it's safe to say politics and governent is not what's going to improve the lives if blacks.