Black People Politics : President Obama denounces Donald Sterling's "incredibly offensive racist remarks" from Malaysia

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Politics,

"The United States continues to wrestle with the legacy of race and slavery and segregation, that's still there, the vestiges of discrimination, ....We've made enormous strides, but you're going to continue to see this percolate up every so often," he added. "And I think that we just have to be clear and steady in denouncing it, teaching our children differently, but also remaining hopeful that part of why statements like this stand out some much is because there has been this shift in how we view our ourselves."

President Obama denounces Donald Sterling's "incredibly offensive racist remarks" from Malaysia

President Barack Obama denounced the "alleged" comments by Donald Sterling, the owner of the Clippers basketball team, as being "incredibly offensive racist statements" and placed them in the context of "a continuing legacy of slavery and segregation that Americans must confront." reports Obama: Donald Sterling Comments 'Incredibly Offensive.'

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/...edibly-offensive-racist-remarks-from-Malaysia

:toast:

I'm glad that he spoke on this. There has been many things in the news I thought he would comment on and hasn't.

Thanks for contributing to the Thread, ellen covington. Please, enjoy your stay with us too, glad you made it in:) fb is a truly a trip ...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back