South Africa : President Jacob Zuma blames Christianity for South Africa’s problems

What right mind, the man made the statement and then backpeddled

He is a politician and should have nationalized the gold and diamonds, as true Zulu taking money out of the Vatican and Isreal's hands, and out of the hands of the Anglican church

He will probably be wearing a Santa Claus suit this Sunday

Oh please, all he can do is offer strong words and opinions. Dont think for a minute that just because he is president of S. Africa that he has any more power than Obama has in the states. The minute he even thinks about nationalizing the natural resources of Africa's wealth and putting it in the hands of Africa, he will have outlived his usefulness and dealt with accordingly. That country is still controlled by a central bank and I think you know what that means. Just another black face on european power. But at least he talks tough and maybe will spark the right mind to start the revolution unlike Obama.

Oh please, all he can do is offer strong words and opinions. Dont think for a minute that just because he is president of S. Africa that he has any more power than Obama has in the states. The minute he even thinks about nationalizing the natural resources of Africa's wealth and putting it in the hands of Africa, he will have outlived his usefulness and dealt with accordingly. That country is still controlled by a central bank and I think you know what that means. Just another black face on european power. But at least he talks tough and maybe will spark the right mind to start the revolution unlike Obama.
huh???

Remarks on the Second Coming

Zuma also drew censure from religious and secular groups alike when he declared that the ANC would rule South Africa until the return of Jesus Christ, and that its continued governance was just what God wanted:

God expects us to rule this country because we are the only organisation which was blessed by pastors when it was formed. It is even blessed in Heaven. That is why we will rule until Jesus comes back. We should not allow anyone to govern our city when we are ruling the country.[116][117]
Zuma later defended his remarks by describing them as a "political expression": "Talking about Jesus is not abusing his name; it's actually saying historically, 'This is what the ANC is all about.' It's just a political expression that we are strong and will be strong for a long time. I want to apologise if this reality sits uncomfortably with others."[118] He added that he had been baptised and knew Jesus: "I fear God [.... I]t's not because I'm despising God, not at all."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Zuma

huh???

Remarks on the Second Coming

Zuma also drew censure from religious and secular groups alike when he declared that the ANC would rule South Africa until the return of Jesus Christ, and that its continued governance was just what God wanted:

God expects us to rule this country because we are the only organisation which was blessed by pastors when it was formed. It is even blessed in Heaven. That is why we will rule until Jesus comes back. We should not allow anyone to govern our city when we are ruling the country.[116][117]
Zuma later defended his remarks by describing them as a "political expression": "Talking about Jesus is not abusing his name; it's actually saying historically, 'This is what the ANC is all about.' It's just a political expression that we are strong and will be strong for a long time. I want to apologise if this reality sits uncomfortably with others."[118] He added that he had been baptised and knew Jesus: "I fear God [.... I]t's not because I'm despising God, not at all."

In other words, he means forever, because he is a Zulu, and that tradition does not acknowledge Christ as anything more than a fairy tale. But dont get it twisted, he still knows what side his bread is buttered on just like Obama.

In other words, he means forever, because he is a Zulu, and that tradition does not acknowledge Christ as anything more than a fairy tale. But dont get it twisted, he still knows what side his bread is buttered on just like Obama.
guess you did not read the red part

He added that he had been baptised and knew Jesus:
"I fear God [.... I]t's not because I'm despising God, not at all."
or his backl\peddlng of his original statement in the first post!

Mr Zuma’s office later issued a statement saying that his comments had been reported in a “misleading manner”

I know what Nyabhingis in Brooklyn call that kind of thing and it cannot be repeated on this discussion board

and if it ain't Zulus and Xkosa in those churches those Black folks are who?

guess you did not read the red part

or his backl\peddlng of his original statement in the first post!

I know what Nyabhingis in Brooklyn call that kind of thing and it cannot be repeated on this discussion board

and if it ain't Zulus and Xkosa in those churches those Black folks are who?

Maybe I didn't read the first post because I saw the article yesterday on yahoo news and I thought it was the same thing.

I live here (S.A.), most of the Zulu's I have talked to don't even take Christianity seriously. They still keep their traditional ways, consult with sangomas, perform rituals all while going to church occasionally for the community aspect of it. Zuma has multiple wives because it is his ancestral tradition that he adheres to, not Christianity. I have personally consulted with a Sangoma that told me he sings in the church choir. Needless to say, I never consulted with him again. The blacks out here that are the most serious about Christianity are the Jehova Witnesses.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back