Site News : Premium Members Where Are You?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Destee, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Hello Family,

Do you see this forum? Can you read these threads?

Please let us know by just saying hello ... in this thread.

Where yall bee iz 'et ?

:heart:

Destee

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    yeah ! i can't wait to start inner acting with the premium members

3. 7thPoet

7thPoet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Stress Management Therapist
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi Destee:
    I'm really new here and wanted to say hello.
    But I also wanted to ask a couple of questions and I'm not sure if this is the forum to do it in.

Well let me know if I should take this elsewhere, but there's a couple things like:
    the upper right hand corner after we post, it has
    add to destee's reputation:
    report bad post:

how do you put your location in there?
    what does add to your reputation mean?
    what are bad post?

and also, how does one place an "avatar" when they post and where can you get them. i'm really new to the internet and am not certain about a lot of this stuff so forgive me if i'm outta line...

4. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Hello 7thpoet!

Welcome to the family!

I will do my best to assist you
    with your questions.

If you look towards the top off the page you should see a blue banner with white lettering. In this banner you will see, Voice Chat, User CP, Online Classes, New Posts, Search, Quick Links, FAQ Rules, Moderators, and Log Out.

Click on the link that says user cp. Another page should open up. On the top left hand side you should see where it says control panel and underneath it will say settings and options. That is where setup your profile.

I hope this helps you, but if it does'nt please don't hesitate to ask again!

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    :wave: Hello Brother 7thPoet :wave:

So glad to have you as a Premium Member! Your financial support is so needed and appreciated! It's really wonderful when a person just joins us and is moved to help in such a great way! Thank You Again!

Thank you Sister Purple for responding to Brother 7thPoet's questions. Let me try to answer them as well.

Sister Purple mentioned that you need to go to your User CP, and i've provided a link to it for you:

User CP - once you get there you'll see down the left hand side of that page many options available to you. Specifically, if you click on Edit Profile, you'll be able to add your location as well as a few other things.

The "Bad Post" link, found in the top right hand corner of every post on this forum, is for Members to notify the Moderating Team that the contents of that post is probably violating our rules. Since we don't get a chance to see every single post, this provides a way for the Membership to help maintain the love and peace in our home and bring to our attention things that should not be here. If you click on that "Bad Post" link, a form is presented so you can "report" that possible violation to us. Feel free to use it as often as necessary.

Now you would ask about the "Reputation" feature?!! :eeek: That is a new feature added to the software and i'm really not sure how it works or what it's suppose to do! But based on the little that i know, it's a way for Members to "grade" the contributions made by other Members. For example, if you like what someone has posted, then you will give them a good reputation ... if you didn't like what they posted, you'd give them a bad reputation ... and all reputations given by all Members is averaged ... and that individual Member's repuation is displayed, based on what others think. I've played with it a little bit, but am not sure how exactly it works. I don't think anyone really uses it ... but it's a feature we have and i should be trying to see how it works! As i find out more, i'll let you know.

Brother 7thPoet, i'm always in voice chat ... almost always ... and would love to have the opportunity to speak with you there. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the quality of sound and environment found there. All you have to do is click this link ... www.destee.com/chat ... once that page loads, type in your name and click enter ... you'll see a prompt telling you that the plugin is being installed ... once that's complete you'll see a page that has our 2 rooms listed ... OPEN MIC and GENERAL CHAT ... click on either of those and come on in ... we can talk there while introducing you to another great feature our community provides.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks again for becoming a Premium Member!

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Congratulations 7thPoet in becoming a Premium Member. I know I'm biased but that's the best decision you could have made here and we genuinely appreciate your support! :jumping:

I look forward to seeing you around! :thanks:

Peace,
    Queenie :spinstar:

7. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    smh

[email protected]

~ W E L C O M E~
    to the Premi Club
    7thPoet

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

8. 7thPoet

7thPoet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Stress Management Therapist
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thank you all for your hospitality, sincerely.
    There's an energy here that compelled me to get involved immediately and I'm happy to be here.

Forgive me if I'm a little shakey because I'm came late kicking and scream to the internet, so my skills need polishing.

For instance I thought I was in voice chat this morning, but I may be doing something incorrect. Do I have to have a dedicated service line for that or will this dinosaur 56K modem work?

Other than me being a tad slow, I'm a team player and I love this team :luv:

So if you need me for anything, just let me know...sincerely

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother 7th Poet ... i didn't see you in chat ... hmmmm ... so i don't think you made it all the way in. Are you using AOL as your Internet Service Provider? If so, there are special steps you should walk through, to get into voice chat. Just in case, i'm going to list those steps below:

Steps for using our voice chat with AOL:

1. Login to AOL
    2. Minimize AOL Window
    3. Launch Explorer Outside of AOL by clicking on the icon in their task bar or going to START >> PROGRAMS >> INTERNET EXPLORER.
    4. Enter www.destee.com/chat using that newly launched browser window.
    5. Be sure to check that inactivity alert from AOL.

Now that you've got to the chat login screen, do this:

6. Type Your Username and click Enter.
    7. Wait for the plugin to load.
    8. You'll see a page with 2 rooms listed ... OPEN MIC and GENERAL.
    9. Click on OPEN MIC and you should be in the room.

If you make it all the way in, you'll see us there ... see and hear us ... and we'll see you too! :)

We're in here now ... www.destee.com/chat ... so come on in ... and yes ... you should be able to enter using your 56K modem.

Looking forward to chatting with you soon!

Destee

10. Remby

Remby Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +37
    Welcome 7th poet I love your name, and you have come to a great place.

Renee