Black Relationships : Preference: Black or Latina Sister?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by TainaMacu, Feb 19, 2005.

1. TainaMacu

TainaMacu Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Why do some Brothers prefer Latina Sisters over Black Sisters?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    who cares what some brothers prefer.
    you can waste a large part of your life on stuff like this.
    go do something productive.

3. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    ^^Yet you spend endless time on another board rationalizing why Black men like white women and complaining that you can't find a worthy sister.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    you need some reading comprehension lessons, badly.
    and yet, that thread was ultimately a waste of time.
    it's proven to me by your utter lack of understanding of anything i said, so what's the use of talking.

like i said, find something productive to do with your time.
    i know i am going to.

5. molasis

molasis Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    For a really long time it bothered me that brothers would rather be with Latina, Asian or European woman than Black women. Then I had to come to the realization that everyone has the right to be attracted to something different. Just like I am attracted to taller men.

Instead find the man that adores Black women because they are out there. It may seem as though they are hard to find but they are out there.

There are bigger issues in the Black community to deal with rather than holding a grudge against our brothers for liking something different.

6. Kingpin

Kingpin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3

I have to agree completely. I dont know why so much time is wasted on who you like and dont like!!!

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Hello Sister TainaMacu ... :love:

So good to see you posting on the forum! I apologize for not responding to your email yet, but i will, so please let Brother Rocco know too ... things have just been really krazee for me lately ... but we're still together ... you will hear from me soon.

In response to your question Sister, i do have an opinion why this is.

If you'll take note of all the devastating brain washing, mind altering, Spirit killing destruction that has been done to both the Black man and Black woman (especially in America) ... generation after generation after generation ... you can better see why so many of us reject that which we come from ... that which we are. It's not just Brothers, though with White women, and every other woman inlcuding Latinas, held up as the standard for beautiful, valued, and desired ... this can only leave the Black woman on the bottom ... the least desired ... the one most often passed over.

When we see Black men choosing other women, over their own ... over the very woman they come from ... it is a sign of the great success the conditioning has done to them (us).

Sister TainuMacu ... can you imagine a people being so beat down, that they believe that nothing that looks like them, is to be valued, chosen, or wanted?

Certainly there are some folk that simply choose to be with those that are not like their own, and of course they are entitled to that. They justify their decision by saying, they're in love, it doesn't matter, or none of their own attracts them ... you know, all that kind of talk ... but i think it's a very telling sign, to see a people choose other than themselves ... and the reason for this is deeper than the usual surface conversations surrounding this topic.

I think this is a great question, as it is one of the many symptoms of the devastation put upon us. Until we can talk about it (and all things) respectfully, address the issues we're facing, and begin undoing what has been done to us ... we will continue seeing Black men and women choosing others over their own.

I believe we're living in a different time now, where Sisters and Brothers are becoming more conscious, more aware of what has been done, and willing to re-evaluate and adjust as needed. It took hundreds of years to do this to us (and it's still being done), and it may take more than a few to undo it.

I'm hopeful that the majority of us will come to ourselves, soon.

If one Sister or Brother has a question, then that question should be asked, and answered if possible. There should not be any decent, respectul topic or issue that can't be broached. That is what this community is for, and i appreciate you starting this discussion.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I've always love my black sistas
    the only woman for me and always will

9. soulfulmixx

soulfulmixx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    :welldone:
    this was well put sista Destee... my sentiments exactly..
    its a shame only a few ( I KNOW)understand, believe and support views such as these.. :confused:

peace and blessing
    soulfulmixx:hearts4:

10. soulfulmixx

soulfulmixx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    this goes out to brotha Rich... :kiss: :kiss:

this quote from u brotha is all to rare..

soulfulmixx:hearts4: